Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bump
#362 of 431 Old 12-08-2006, 12:34 AM

Mammom, thanks for the link to this...just finished reading it after 3 hours...: ....off to read the nutrition/immunity thread!
#363 of 431 Old 12-10-2006, 01:22 PM

MT-IIRC you mentioned Natural Factors Vitamin C chews. My kiddos adore them, is there any reason not to use these exclusively? I haven't finished doing some searching on it's effect on tooth enamel. I have the SA powder, but we travel quite a bit...it's easier to give them the chews on the road. Please excuse me if this has already been asked and answered.
#364 of 431 Old 12-10-2006, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery View Post
MT-IIRC you mentioned Natural Factors Vitamin C chews. My kiddos adore them, is there any reason not to use these exclusively? I haven't finished doing some searching on it's effect on tooth enamel. I have the SA powder, but we travel quite a bit...it's easier to give them the chews on the road. Please excuse me if this has already been asked and answered.
From what I remember, this is what MT uses for travel. I think the expense is the main reason not to use them exclusively, but I could be missing something...don't know how they affect enamel...
#365 of 431 Old 12-10-2006, 09:48 PM

Rats. Just found a reason. They aren't GF. That's a buncha wasted $.
#366 of 431 Old 12-10-2006, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Rats. Just found a reason. They aren't GF. That's a buncha wasted $.
GF? I'm sure it's desperately obvious....
#367 of 431 Old 12-10-2006, 11:10 PM

Gluten free for those who're allergic or sensitive to wheat.
#368 of 431 Old 12-10-2006, 11:19 PM

Of course...thank you! I knew it was obvious!
#369 of 431 Old 12-11-2006, 01:14 AM

Sorry! Sometimes I live in my own little celiac world... I forget other people don't have to think about it. I guess I'm still interested in the answer to the original question anyway for others who can still use the product. All I can find is that it is harmful to enamel.
#370 of 431 Old 12-12-2006, 12:01 PM

Someone please tell me more about Momtezuma's revenge... I want to find out if my gut is upset because of too much SA or because of the iron supplement I'm taking. And I don't want to risk going through this again just to find out - I don't like being experimented on, not even by myself .

So please, anyone who's had experience with M's revenge, tell me all about it. :

(I didn't even take that much SA today, propaply about 500 mg... but my stomach was feeling kind of upset yesterday already - does SA accumulate in the body?)
#371 of 431 Old 12-16-2006, 05:04 AM

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

#372 of 431 Old 12-16-2006, 03:05 PM

THis is a great thread. Just wanted to add that my kids love emergen-C. They eat it straight out of the packet and think it's candy. They also think it's pop when mixed with cool water.
Does anyone know about a natural source, not made in a lab source of SA? Does that exist? So many supplements are not made with natural ingredients, just the lab grown stuff. I don't like to put chemicalized supplements in me or my kids. Thanks.
And no, I didn't check out the emergen-C.

Wife to my wonderful Pablo, mum to Roo 8/10/01, Vin 1/10/07, Bug 6/3/07, Butterbean 12/12/09
#373 of 431 Old 12-16-2006, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocativa View Post
MT you mentioned earlier dosing extra iron during suspected viral infections, but my reading indicates that bacteria flourish in an iron rich environment, so if the chance of secondary bacterial infection is significant, extra iron would give those guys too much of a leg up.
If I said that, put a link up please, because that is not what I meant to say, or meant to have it interpretted.

The iron balance is something that's a very fine balance. If you do a google search using Iron + infection, you will see that not enough iron, and you are susceptible to infection, and too much, and as you say, bacteria can have a field day.

Except diphtheria. Diptheria toxin cannot make mayhem until the iron is depleted, so there are "exceptions" to the rule. I suspect the same may also apply to other bacteria which are "operated" by a virus called bacteriophages, which switch on toxin producing genes as well, but I can't find much on the others.

Quote:
Someone who never progresses to a sinus infection might be fine.
I guess it depends on the person. This year is the first year I've missed three periods, so had the gaps stretch out, and its the first year where I've finally lost the tag of chronic anaemia.

If there is anything bacterial around, I'm a moving target, but then, with my immune system, that's probably not surprising.

Quote:
This info is from my breastfeeding research, either Hale or Newman, iron supplemented formula is the reason many ff infants get fussy, b/c their gut flora is bad and then the iron helps the baddies to multiply. Another reason to have a probiotic food at every meal. . .
Yes, I agree with that. And another reason not to use formula which has a much higher protein index than breastmilk, and that feeds the badies too.

Quote:
Minerals really are key to immune function and fighting viruses, in the US over 50% of soils are selenium deficient, selenium helps the body fight viruses.
Do you have an updated map of selenium deficiency in USA? This is the only one I could find, and its out of date. If you know where there is a newer one, can you post it?

http://www.saanendoah.com/map1.html

Quote:
Mustard is a great food source of selenium, and good for a cold, too.
Yeah, but I couldn't eat enough mustard to do me much good.

Quote:
Don't know specific soil deficiencies in NZ,
All our soils are deficient so I take 150 mcgs a day, when I can't get brazil nuts.
Quote:
of course, also I don't know what colloidal minerals you bought, pp,
Ones that are designed for our soil deficiencies, not yours...
Quote:
I have taken different concentrace products, and have had the best results with their sea minerals with silver, as far as my immune system goes (dds as well). It is more of a food supplement, with sea vegetables and the like, which are also natural chelators via their iodine content etc. But I'm landlocked so maybe I also needed sea nutrients more. But I have had herpes simplex mouth sores since my mid-20s, whenever I get stressed and they were chronic when I was pg with my first. Fast forward to second pg, and didn't have a one when I was on the sea minerals, except when i got poor and didn't order them. at the first sign of high stress an ugly one popped up on my lip. anecdotal, i know, but i also find that if we're on the sea minerals and get a cold starting, a little homeopathic aconite clears it up, if we're not on them, fighting the cold takes ALOT more work. DD1 is 3, and she takes them. DD2 is only 5 months but I will give them to her when she is old enough to eat with no fears. I hate that they work so well for us because they are expensive.
If you've read the nutrition/immunology thread, you will know that I hammer minerals

Quote:
I think you all are getting gassy with the extra SA because you are having a Herxheimer reaction, and killing off some candida albicans and other bad flora- (possibly some good flora too) yeasties release gas when they die. Some enzyme supplementation would help with the die-off (see www.enzymestuff.com ).
Yes, but it might not just be yeast, but also some of the other anaerobes, and lack of sulphur...
Quote:
Re: vitamin c and pregnancy, too little will result in a weak amniotic sac. too much can result in extra bleeding during childbirth.
Where does that come from? It took my midwife three contractions with a brand new pair of scissor, which were blunted to cut through the leather than was my amniotic sac with the last labour? Yes, I bled more, but that was from the damage they did in my uterus in the first birth.

Quote:
That's from a scholarly article i read at www.naturalchilbirth. org I think. . . i would consider the miscarriage risk would be less with sodium ascorbate considering the aforementioned chemistry.
That is pretty stupid really, because vitamin C is the base foundation of glucosamine absorption and collagen, and skin protection. Without vitamin C, none of those three things will have good strength. Therefore, for the natural birth people to suggest that, flies in the face of all the known biochemistry that goes along with vitamin C.

:

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

#374 of 431 Old 12-16-2006, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Isabel View Post
Someone please tell me more about Momtezuma's revenge... I want to find out if my gut is upset because of too much SA or because of the iron supplement I'm taking. And I don't want to risk going through this again just to find out - I don't like being experimented on, not even by myself .
I never take iron supplements as they always upset my stomach majorly.

Quote:
So please, anyone who's had experience with M's revenge, tell me all about it. :
I'm not into revenge

Quote:
(I didn't even take that much SA today, propaply about 500 mg... but my stomach was feeling kind of upset yesterday already - does SA accumulate in the body?)
I'd quit that iron formulation and find a better one. I use one that dairy farmers use on cows that's based on blackstrap molasses. Tastes foul, so it must be good for me

The problem might be your gut flora, because if its out of balance more towards gram negative, (or yeast) then you have have a growling orchestra.

#375 of 431 Old 12-16-2006, 11:22 PM

Quote:

No. The reason I can't, is that they come from Canada, and by the time they get here, they are hugely expensive.

#376 of 431 Old 12-17-2006, 01:34 AM

O.K. ...I have 2 question for now ???

ds 3 1/2 has been coughing for about +- 6 weeks now , in the begining he had a cold then croupy cough and then ear infection. I have been giving him SA throughout and also gve him some silver 100 for a few days till ear infection was better ....everything improved and even the cough seemed to be less and then I slacked off the SA and cough returned strong and very chesty "flemy" kinda sounding cough and on and off a clear runny nose.
was wondering if this could be pertussis and since he was being dosed with SA he didn't develop traditional "woop"????
he has many food allergies including gluten and at first I thought maybe it was something chronic co's of some snuck in gluten and also he was eating a lot of dairy ...but I took the dairy out am careful about gluten and he has not had any tummy troubles.....and also not reached bowel tolerence with the SA I was giving him about about 6 - 8 grams a day which I think is more than the recommended 250 / kg ... should I have given /give more????

lastly... I saw MT that you mentioned something about not enough sulphur??? what is that ??? and how do we increase our sulphur??

TIA
#377 of 431 Old 12-17-2006, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtezuma Tuatara View Post
The iron balance is something that's a very fine balance. If you do a google search using Iron + infection, you will see that not enough iron, and you are susceptible to infection, and too much, and as you say, bacteria can have a field day.
So how do we know when we have the right amount? What signs would our bodies show that we are getting just enough?
(Does Pfeiffer talk about this in the Mental & Elemental Nutr. book? I just ordered it yesterday. )

Quote:
I stopped taking them the day after they made my stomach more upset than it's ever been since I can remember myself. :
Now I'm pretty sure it was the iron suppl. and not the Vit C that upset my gut.

Quote:
I'm not into revenge
I meant what happens when you take too much Vit C. I think you called that "Momtezuma's revenge" yourself somewhere:

Quote:
I'd quit that iron formulation and find a better one. I use one that dairy farmers use on cows that's based on blackstrap molasses. Tastes foul, so it must be good for me
I think I'll first try to get it through food - I started eating red meat (was vegetarian before), and I'll try to always have some SA before eating iron rich foods to help with absorption.
If that doesn't work, I will try another iron supplement, but I googled the one I got and it seems to be one of the best.

Quote:
The problem might be your gut flora, because if its out of balance more towards gram negative, (or yeast) then you have have a growling orchestra.
Gram negative like high pHs, right? Can I assume my gut is acidic if my urine is? And I've been drinking plenty of kefir, so I'm hoping I'll have them in my gut in enough numbers to protect me from too much of the "bad" microorganisms.

I'm starting to think that I need to learn more medicine than a medicine student just to figure these things out.
#378 of 431 Old 12-17-2006, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mombh View Post
O.K. ...I have 2 question for now ???

ds 3 1/2 has been coughing for about +- 6 weeks now , in the begining he had a cold then croupy cough and then ear infection. I have been giving him SA throughout and also gve him some silver 100 for a few days till ear infection was better ....everything improved and even the cough seemed to be less and then I slacked off the SA and cough returned strong and very chesty "flemy" kinda sounding cough and on and off a clear runny nose.
was wondering if this could be pertussis and since he was being dosed with SA he didn't develop traditional "woop"????
The characteristic of SA, is that if you give it right, the cough will be the same length, but far far less in severity. The test is always to go off it, and if the cough increases in severity then it could be whooping cough, but this is only definitive in kids with no other definable problems.

With my kids after about 6 weeks, they didn't want to take it any more, so I just went and let them not and they were back within 48 hours wanting vitamin c, and within 8 hours we had it back under control. If there is suspicion that it is whooping cough then the full "old wives tale" quota of 100 days cough, should apply and apart from kiddy truculance, I'd only monitor diarrhoea levels up to that point, and then i'd start reducing it, and see what happened.

Quote:
he has many food allergies including gluten and at first I thought maybe it was something chronic co's of some snuck in gluten and also he was eating a lot of dairy ...but I took the dairy out am careful about gluten and he has not had any tummy troubles.....and also not reached bowel tolerence with the SA I was giving him about about 6 - 8 grams a day which I think is more than the recommended 250 / kg ... should I have given /give more????
I think you need to talk to someone like Jane S, because my experience doesn't extend to kids with food allergies.

Obviously what you were doing before, was "working" for whatever it was, and if there is a possibility it is whooping cough, I'd put him back on it.

Quote:
lastly... I saw MT that you mentioned something about not enough sulphur??? what is that ??? and how do we increase our sulphur??

TIA
Go the the nutrition/immunology stickered thred and using the search this thread function, type in sulphur. See if I put something on that in there....

#379 of 431 Old 12-17-2006, 11:51 PM

Just Isabel, I'll be back later to answer your post. I have a thumping head and can't think more than I've just thunk.

#380 of 431 Old 12-18-2006, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Isabel View Post
Quote:
So how do we know when we have the right amount? What signs would our bodies show that we are getting just enough?
(Does Pfeiffer talk about this in the Mental & Elemental Nutr. book? I just ordered it yesterday. )
Yes, there is a lot in that book, but as adults we know by how we feel, the colour of our nails and insides of the eyelids.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtezuma Tuatara
I stopped taking them the day after they made my stomach more upset than it's ever been since I can remember myself. :
Now I'm pretty sure it was the iron suppl. and not the Vit C that upset my gut.
Some people get diarrhoa, and with some people (like me) it constipated them and they get headaches and double vision.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not into revenge
I meant what happens when you take too much Vit C. I think you called that "Momtezuma's revenge" yourself somewhere:
Yeah, someone else did as a joke. The proper name for travellers diarrhoea is Montezuma's Revenge. Different person

Quote:
Quote:
I think I'll first try to get it through food - I started eating red meat (was vegetarian before), and I'll try to always have some SA before eating iron rich foods to help with absorption.
I do it mainly through food, and my instincts seem to work pretty well, but in the middle of winter I usually go for some cow lick
Quote:
If that doesn't work, I will try another iron supplement, but I googled the one I got and it seems to be one of the best.
It can be the best in the world and still make someone sick.

Pycnogenol, is something a lot of people swear by, and get great results on. Me? It gives me excrutiating arthritis in the hips.

Quote:
Quote:
Gram negative like high pHs, right?
Gram negatives like excess protein, which creates alkaline faeces around 7.0 - 8.0 and those are the conditions gram negatives like
Quote:
Can I assume my gut is acidic if my urine is?
I probably would assume that, but I'd also go by the consistency and frequency of what you do down the toilet. It should be soft, and ideally, float.
Quote:
And I've been drinking plenty of kefir, so I'm hoping I'll have them in my gut in enough numbers to protect me from too much of the "bad" microorganisms.
You have to have acidophilus as well, and kefir doesn't have much of that in it. I make a probiotic yoghurt, and have yakult. I mix the kefir with the yoghurt when I eat it, and use the yakult as the "milk" on top. Might be what you call the shotgun approach.

Quote:
I'm starting to think that I need to learn more medicine than a medicine student just to figure these things out.
Wrong. The med student never learns any of this, so you already know more than your doctor does

#381 of 431 Old 12-18-2006, 05:24 AM

Quote:
I probably would assume that, but I'd also go by the consistency and frequency of what you do down the toilet. It should be soft, and ideally, float.
so floating poop is a good thing? mine has been hit and miss since having ds, i get constipatied very fast (less than 24hrs) with stress, the slightest change in my water consumption or a food that didnt agree with me. Is there anything I can do to help that from your knowledge? I'm dairy free pretty much because of ds, so i can't add in yoghurt or keifer. Sometimes i have soft and float, most the time its just soft (if I watch myself).
#382 of 431 Old 12-18-2006, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans_mum View Post
so floating poop is a good thing?
Well, that's the ideal, since it means that the bacterial balance is primarily aerobic, and your pre and probiotic content is ideal, but there will be times when it won't be like that, like when you have a binge on black chocolate and licorice at the same time

Quote:
mine has been hit and miss since having ds, i get constipatied very fast (less than 24hrs) with stress, the slightest change in my water consumption or a food that didnt agree with me. Is there anything I can do to help that from your knowledge?
Have you noticed that when you od on sa, that what comes out floats? That's partly kill off, but its also because it encourages aerobics.
Quote:
I'm dairy free pretty much because of ds, so i can't add in yoghurt or keifer.
Yes, you can. Kefir can be made with any form of milk, like rice, barley or goat, but its consistency won't be thick and rich like with cow's milk.
Quote:
Sometimes i have soft and float, most the time its just soft (if I watch myself).
I would just major on getting your fibre from salads and fruit, peaches, nectarines, avocados and whole grains, or whatever suits you best. It's nuts that can constipate me, so I have to be careful with them.

#383 of 431 Old 12-18-2006, 03:37 PM

I was under the impression that floating stool was not good.

Quote:
Floating stools
Stools that float are generally associated with some degree of malabsorption of foods or excessive flatus/gas. Floating stool is seen is a variety of different situations, the majority being diet-related or in association with episodes of diarrhea caused by an acute gastrointestinal infection. A change in dietary habits can lead to an increase in the amount of gas produced by bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract. Similarly, acute gastrointestinal infections can result in increased air/gas content from rapid movement of food through the GI tract. One misconception is that floating stools are caused by an increase in the fat content of the stool. In fact, increased air/gas levels in the stool make it less dense and allow it to float. Another cause of floating stools is malabsorption. More than two weeks of diarrhea with floating stools is often seen in people suffering from malabsorption, a dysfunction in the GI tract that affects the body's ability to digest and absorb fat and other food. Increased levels of nutrients in the stool (those not absorbed by the GI tract) are supplied to the normal bacteria that live in the gut, which in turn produce more gas. This results in more air/gas- rich stool that floats. Dietary changes, diarrhea, and malabsorption can cause floating stools. Most causes are benign and will resolve when the infection ends or the bacteria in the GI tract become accustomed to the changes in your diet.
That is from enzyme stuff

#384 of 431 Old 12-18-2006, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Yeah, someone else did as a joke. The proper name for travellers diarrhoea is Montezuma's Revenge. Different person
Oops!

I'll have to come back to this later, I don't really have time right now. But this stool talk is very interesting.

And at the same time frustrating because I really should stop obsessing about medicine and do my school stuff! Ack.

Anyway, I can't see if my stool floats or not, most toilets here aren't built that way, the stool doesn't fall into a bunch of water, but on to a "platform" with a little water, and then when you flush the water takes it away. Does that make sense? Did anyone even want to read about the different toilets in the world?

Joining acidophilus and yakult to my kefir should be easy though.
#385 of 431 Old 12-19-2006, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshine View Post
I was under the impression that floating stool was not good.
Quote:
Floating stools
Stools that float are generally associated with some degree of malabsorption of foods or excessive flatus/gas. Floating stool is seen is a variety of different situations, the majority being diet-related or in association with episodes of diarrhea caused by an acute gastrointestinal infection. A change in dietary habits can lead to an increase in the amount of gas produced by bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract. Similarly, acute gastrointestinal infections can result in increased air/gas content from rapid movement of food through the GI tract. One misconception is that floating stools are caused by an increase in the fat content of the stool. In fact, increased air/gas levels in the stool make it less dense and allow it to float. Another cause of floating stools is malabsorption. More than two weeks of diarrhea with floating stools is often seen in people suffering from malabsorption, a dysfunction in the GI tract that affects the body's ability to digest and absorb fat and other food. Increased levels of nutrients in the stool (those not absorbed by the GI tract) are supplied to the normal bacteria that live in the gut, which in turn produce more gas. This results in more air/gas- rich stool that floats. Dietary changes, diarrhea, and malabsorption can cause floating stools. Most causes are benign and will resolve when the infection ends or the bacteria in the GI tract become accustomed to the changes in your diet.

That is from enzyme stuff

All of which goes to show that there is a lot of stuff to wade through in the internet.

For instance... if you have stools with increased fat in them, they will be very yellow, longish and thin and you will feel terrible, because your liver and gall bladder will be feeling the pressure. Now having been in this position, I can say that in my experience, fat laden poos do not float. They are sticky, stringy and sink fast.

What I know is this. After I did a raft of gall bladder flushes ( the ones people say are a load of rubbish) not only did my liver enzymes return to normal, but my fat laden poos also returned to normal once I got the stones out of my liver and my gall bladder, and enable the bile to move properly. So long as I have plenty of fruit and veges, etc what I produce is soft, sometimes floats, sometimes doesn't, and I don't really worry about it. I feel most comfortable when they float more than sink, but that's me.

I've read a lot about it, and decided what works best for me, but I'm queer and we all know that.

What you have to do is read everything there is about it, study your own body, keep a diary and work out when you feel best, how your body works, and try to achieve that.

For me, being a person who naturally skews towards constipation and sinkers, vitamin C, fruit and veges are part of what I need to make things soft, fluffy and not crack the porcelain when it bombs the bottom of the chamber pot.

#386 of 431 Old 12-19-2006, 02:25 AM

: and really enjoying the descriptive disscusion

I was also under the impression that "floaties" are a sign of malabsorbtion, although I definately have not read up much about that, except that we have gluten intolerences here and that seems to be what the so-called "experts" say is one of the symptoms of gluten intolerence?

I agree that it has to be more of a personal, "the way your body works " kinda thing.
#387 of 431 Old 12-19-2006, 02:48 AM

Quote:
For me, being a person who naturally skews towards constipation and sinkers, vitamin C, fruit and veges are part of what I need to make things soft, fluffy and not crack the porcelain when it bombs the bottom of the chamber pot.
You and me both, honey. Oh, MT I think it would be such great fun to sit and have a coffee klatch together or the like. Too bad you are on the other end of the earth.
#388 of 431 Old 12-19-2006, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Have you noticed that when you od on sa, that what comes out floats? That's partly kill off, but its also because it encourages aerobics. Yes, you can. Kefir can be made with any form of milk, like rice, barley or goat, but its consistency won't be thick and rich like with cow's milk. I would just major on getting your fibre from salads and fruit, peaches, nectarines, avocados and whole grains, or whatever suits you best. It's nuts that can constipate me, so I have to be careful with them.
i'm also nutless because of ds. I will definatly try upping my fresh fruit and veges. I will look for keifer made from rice milk. Can I also just take probiotics in capsule form, or is the keifer more readily absorbed?

ETA: but I'm still as nutty as a fruitcake
#389 of 431 Old 12-19-2006, 03:57 AM

Quote:
What I know is this. After I did a raft of gall bladder flushes ( the ones people say are a load of rubbish) not only did my liver enzymes return to normal, but my fat laden poos also returned to normal once I got the stones out of my liver and my gall bladder, and enable the bile to move properly. So long as I have plenty of fruit and veges, etc what I produce is soft, sometimes floats, sometimes doesn't, and I don't really worry about it. I feel most comfortable when they float more than sink, but that's me.

yeah, i saw a huge difference after they removed my gall bladder..... i paid much attention before, but once it was removed, my stools definatly became normaler. Obviously not as perfect as it would be if I still had my gall bladder sans stones.

Quote:
I also constipate easy since ds, so i will definatly try and be like you

its amazing how much our bodys can change after kids. Before ds, my regular was ever 2-3days and I never constipated, now if I dont go at least daily and if i dont drink at least 8 glasses of water, i get constipated. Of course, breastfeeding probably has something to do with that.
#390 of 431 Old 12-19-2006, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Yes, there is a lot in that book, but as adults we know by how we feel, the colour of our nails and insides of the eyelids.
What about the color of our nails? Mine are always the same color - except when I eat a tangerine or mandarin, then they turn orangish.

And I can't see the insides of my eyelids, what happens to them and how? :

Quote:
Gram negatives like excess protein,
So, do they take what our body didn't absorb after its done with the absorbtion process? Or do they start feeding on it at the same stage of digestion when we also absorb it?

Would an Atkins diet make the Gram neg. grow a bunch? (I'm not doing it, but many people seem to be, and they are supposed to eat lots of protein and fats.) Are gram neg bacteria anaerobic?

What do the acidophilus, kefir and L. casei (Shirota) eat? Lactose? If it's lactose, how often do I need to have dairy for them to thrive? Does cheese count?

I want to go back to not having to think about food. :

Quote:
which creates alkaline faeces around 7.0 - 8.0 and those are the conditions gram negatives like
So... excess protein --> alkaline environment (because of the N?)?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page