3 in Minnesota with polio virus... - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#91 of 111 Old 10-21-2005, 10:52 PM
 
Momtezuma Tuatara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frand
I think to do a true test --to know the truth-- would include not just testing immunity levels in the unvaccinated Amish community, but the vaccinated community, as well as the elder non-Amish unvaccinated community (people who didn't get immunized as children, before 1958 or so). That seems like the data that would be needed to truly understand immunological differences among the current population.
Absolutely, you are correct. Except you don't need to test the Amish pre 1958, since the American population in general was reasonably well tested before the 1954 Francis Trials.

They did this before they used the vaccine, which is how they knew that in any one epidemic 99.6% of people already had "immunity".

But this is a situation where public perception is everything, and truth means nothing. They key here is to get parents to achieve a "behavioural outcome", and when the almighty dollar's "justifiable use" is the mantra for "action", why would you think they would do this? It would be a 'waste' of money. After all, they know everything don't they!

And if they did it, and found what WE know to be the truth, which they have sort of alluded to anyway, it just prove to the public just how stupid they all are.

They might also be put in a spot where they might have to tell the truth in the medical journals, which might cause a domino effect where all the other carefully placed bits of rubbish also fall over in the impact.

They might have to admit that their expertise is primarily in the purveying of scaremongery.

What would that do to both their "image" in the eyes of sheeple, and their kudos at their next pharmaceutically funded family holiday in the tropics?

Can't have that now.

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

Momtezuma Tuatara is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#92 of 111 Old 10-24-2005, 11:22 AM
 
nicholas_mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks MT for the recommendation of books :
nicholas_mom is offline  
#93 of 111 Old 10-24-2005, 06:54 PM
 
veggielover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
GREAT thread..... enjoying it thoroughly. Thanks to all of you who have posted research, links, etc. Much appreciated!

JAMIE


Loving wife. Mama to five crazy kids. Follower of Jesus. Doula & Childbirth Educator.

veggielover is offline  
#94 of 111 Old 10-26-2005, 12:16 AM
 
Sherra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In the back of my mind I kinda wonder how truthful these polio cases really are. Meaning....the medical and drug field has A LOT at stake if parents rebel against giving them to their children. And then you look at this whole mercury thing and watching how they are labeling shots now mercury free when quite a feww are NOT really mercury free. Then you watch how they took such a hit on the mercury issue and autism and how right on the tail of that they are talking booster series and getting them into our teenagers now...it goes on and on. It just makes me wonder if they are laying the groundwork to "prove" to the parents that they still need to keep up with vaccinations to keep these diseases at bay. Isn't it weird how these diseases keep lingering? And ones they didn't vax for have come and gone. hmmmmm....I have only been at reading this stuff for about 6 months so I'm just going off of "things that make you go hmmm..."

I always think that way when "scare tactics" are used. And ever since I saw the movie called "Wag the Dog" (if you have not seen this...omg please rent it) and observed how the media has been used as the next "Enquirer" this past year, I simply have a rough time believing that I can believe a single thing from our media. I would spend my dollar buying the Enquirer over our local newspaper..that is how bad the reporting has become.
Sherra is offline  
#95 of 111 Old 10-26-2005, 11:37 AM
 
amnesiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: at the end of the longest line
Posts: 4,879
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Can anyone point me to any links to refute the claim that these cases in Minnesota were the first cases in the US in the last 26 years? I feel like this argument is being used to "prove" that polio is making a comeback now that all of these "freaky" people have stopped vaccinating.
I don't think you can really just show them that quote about it having been circulating for 2 years to prove your point. Since we're talking about an OPV strain (which is only used outside of the US), "they" will probably tell you that just because it's been circulating for 2 years, doesn't mean it's been circulating in the US. The deal is that these folks are asymptomatic - nobody would have ever known they had it if they hadn't been on a testing rampage because of the index case. They don't regularly test either people or sewage for it. If you don't routinely test for something that's primarily asymptomatic then how can you say whether it does or does not circulate regularly? And the vax status of the infected kids is really irrelevant to whether the virus is circulating. We've previously discussed how it's a well known fact that IPV does not prevent GI infection & viral circulation.
amnesiac is offline  
#96 of 111 Old 10-26-2005, 12:42 PM
 
suschi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: In the midst
Posts: 2,147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well here's a big duh moment clipped from an article posted earlier,

"State epidemiologist Harry Hull last week said he expects more cases of polio infection to turn up as community members are tested."

Also, here's an article I had saved about polio found in an Ohio river,

Polio, hepatitis in Cuyahoga
Untreated waste from Akron's combined sewers infects waterway, study says

http://www.greatlakesdirectory.org/oh/070102_sewage.htm

The Cuyahoga River between Akron and Cleveland is polluted after heavy rains with potentially life-threatening diseases like polio and hepatitis.
That's the preliminary finding of a new study by the U.S. Geological Survey likely to put more pressure on the city of Akron to eliminate its combined sewers.

You won't find what you don't test for
suschi is offline  
#97 of 111 Old 10-26-2005, 01:25 PM
 
Tracy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: "It's Chinatown, Jake"
Posts: 11,702
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You know.... awhile ago there was a report in the Washington Times (not my favorite paper by the way but...) which discussed how the Amish do not have autism in their community. Very compelling two part piece. And it discussed how the community by far is not a huge vax community. I remember thinking...."uh, oh...watch a smear campaign against them..." just a feeling I had.

Not saying that is what is happening but it just kind of struck me.

here's the previous thread..


http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ighlight=amish

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

 

Tracy is offline  
#98 of 111 Old 10-26-2005, 01:27 PM
 
amnesiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: at the end of the longest line
Posts: 4,879
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The USGS released a statement following the publication of that article to correct "erroneous statemtents" about what pathogens they found.

Regarding what specifically was found, they state that they found E coli, salmonella, coliphage & enteroviruses. They go on to clarify:

Quote:
What are enteroviruses ?
Enteroviruses are a family of viruses that are made of ribonucleic acid (RNA) and protein. This group includes the polioviruses, coxsackieviruses, and echoviruses. None of these specific viruses have been identified.

What pathogens have you tested for?
We tested for infectious enteroviruses, but not specific viruses within that class. We have also tested for Salmonella, Cryptosporidium, and Giardia. We expect to have results for nearly all samples within the next six months.

Do you plan to test for specific viruses such a polio and hepatitis?
We are going to test for some specific viruses. Our plans are to test for Hepatitis A and Norwalk virus. We are also testing for groups of viruses that include enterovirus, reovirus, and rotavirus. Presently we have no plans to test for specific species in the enterovirus genus that would include poliovirus.
amnesiac is offline  
#99 of 111 Old 10-26-2005, 02:05 PM
 
Jen123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,758
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy
You know.... awhile ago there was a report in the Washington Times (not my favorite paper by the way but...) which discussed how the Amish do not have autism in their community. Very compelling two part piece. And it discussed how the community by far is not a huge vax community. I remember thinking...."uh, oh...watch a smear campaign against them..." just a feeling I had.

Not saying that is what is happening but it just kind of struck me.

here's the previous thread..


http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ighlight=amish

YES Tracy ! I had the same exact thoughts. It seems to me like when the REAL studies come out that the Amish don't have autism , the bigwigs knew we (the antivaxers) were using that infomation , so they turned the tables , did a spin and VOILA~ The Amish have polio.
Which they have adequately put the fear in sheeple long ago...so I get the feeling the bigwigs are thinking "fixed that autism thing".....

I rambled , but I made sense to me....
Jen123 is offline  
#100 of 111 Old 10-26-2005, 02:08 PM
 
tayndrewsmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: WI
Posts: 10,472
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suschi
Well here's a big duh moment clipped from an article posted earlier,

"State epidemiologist Harry Hull last week said he expects more cases of polio infection to turn up as community members are tested."

Also, here's an article I had saved about polio found in an Ohio river,

Polio, hepatitis in Cuyahoga
Untreated waste from Akron's combined sewers infects waterway, study says

http://www.greatlakesdirectory.org/oh/070102_sewage.htm

The Cuyahoga River between Akron and Cleveland is polluted after heavy rains with potentially life-threatening diseases like polio and hepatitis.
That's the preliminary finding of a new study by the U.S. Geological Survey likely to put more pressure on the city of Akron to eliminate its combined sewers.

You won't find what you don't test for
Then I would stay out of Lake Michigan too. Milwaukee has been having huge sewage overflows into the lake for YEARS. We don't go in the lake anyways, but now I doubt I will be walking near it either. :Puke
tayndrewsmama is offline  
#101 of 111 Old 10-26-2005, 06:17 PM
 
xochisol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: In Dream Time
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HI everyone, new member here, and am overwhelmed and way impressed at the amount of knowledge writeen especially you researchers out there, MT and Insider. Your'e inspiring!! re: vaxing and polio.

Am elated to see this thread what in my gut knew all along, that vaxing as offered by peds right now as we know it is flawed, and dangerous. I am also angry and frustrated that it takes SO much of our own research and time to become truly aware of the truths and to refute lies we are fed. My head feels huge from reading entire thread in one sitting, but glad to do so. Def, better than a novel.

Anyway, my problem is this. Before I had the stamina, knowledge and courage, I allowed my 13 week old to be vaxed with DTAP, ComVax (HIb and Hep b), and Prevnar (neumoccocal). Though my research into reasons why NOT to vaccinate is recent, my gut tells me to hold everything, not vax, and re-evaluate which ones I should do (which right now, I feel so pissed, and lied to by peds, medical community and public health orgs, that I don't want my son to have any more.) Thing is I feel I have to see this through and find out everything negatibe about all the vaxes offered, especially so I can be ready to state why in ways these professionals can respect, cause really I could just say "I don't believe in it, and don't want to". Anyway, also so I can then inform hubby so he can support the decision.

We did vax my dd born in 98 and 6 now, and accepted all except for Hep A and the horrible rotavirus vax which has now been taken off the market (unless it has been replaced with a newer, improved version). At that time, I was younger, less knowledgeable, and did trust the medical community at that time. Hopefully she won't develop any scarry autoimmune disease or anything like that, and lactose intolerance and nut intolerance will be the only health issues she will have to deal with and be relatively healthy.

Now as I am older, wiser, more experienced mom that will do what it takes to protect my children, and especially after having had a few negative experiences with the medical community related to overuse of antibiotics, and scarring me during my recent pregnancy with the pos. group b strep result and trying to make me take antibiotics during delivery and at 39 weeks, listening to my gut say, have a home birth instead and take your pregnancy and delivery into your own hands..., I am now better able to deal with the whole vax issue in a more comprehensive way too.

My question does anyone know about what the negative physical effects would be on my little guy if I accept no more vaxes on his behalf given that he has had the first three? Like do I need to consider accepting the rest of the vaxes cause he already started the first series? Also, here in CA, the schools try to make Hep B vax mandatory, and will have to get a game plan to fight that fight, since I plan on him attending a public charter school my dd goes to that I love, and the childcare folks will most likely want him immunized when I have to go back to work before age 1.

Unlike my dd who had mild fussiness after IZ's, he had a 100 degree fever the day after the three vaxes and restless sleep for two nights following and I just got to thinking, maybe I blew it with accepting those vaxes...

Anyway, here I am trying to get a game plane to address this whole topic. Does feel overwhelming, but I am determined to figure it all out.

Thanks for any responses....
xochisol is offline  
#102 of 111 Old 10-26-2005, 07:49 PM
 
Pigpen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: you're soaking in it
Posts: 1,781
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xochisol
Also, here in CA, the schools try to make Hep B vax mandatory, and will have to get a game plan to fight that fight, since I plan on him attending a public charter school my dd goes to that I love, and the childcare folks will most likely want him immunized when I have to go back to work before age 1.
I lurk here and soak up all the awesome research and linkage that these amazing moms put out here...but I just wanted to say that in California, you can waive any and ALL vaccines. You just need to sign the waiver, that's your right as a parent. The school might try to tell you otherwise. : Also, what part of California are you in? Someone might be able to direct you to a non-vax friendly doc, who will support you if the school tries to give you grief.

DS 12 DS 9 DD 6
Pigpen is offline  
#103 of 111 Old 10-26-2005, 10:57 PM
 
Plummeting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Xochisol, there are no negative effects from continuing vaccinations. Well, except that maybe your pediatrician will harrass you. Even if you stop all vaccines and your son at age 14 decides he wants to get them, he could continue right on - he wouldn't even have to start over. And if you never want him to get more, then that is just fine as well. There was a recent thread titled something like "Finish what you started..." that talks about this. It should be on this page or the second page of the vaccinations forum right now. I don't have time to search for it at the moment, but it should be easy to find.

I do have one piece of advice for you - do NOT try to engage your pediatrician in a discussion about vaccinations. There are two reasons for this. The first is that your pediatrician will not care that you've read a lot. (S)he feels like the "expert" and will not believe that you can possibly have educated yourself well enough to understand the issue. The fact of the matter is that pediatricians know very little about vaccinations, but what they do know is all the propaganda fed to them by the CDC, WHO, AAP and vaccine manufacturers - and most of them believe it. The second reason not to argue is that if you do not live in a state that allows a philosophical exemption, you don't want to have discussed your reason for refusing vaccines with your pediatrician. (If your state does allow philo exemptions, then it's okay.) If you have to claim a religious exemption, but you've told your ped that you don't want to vax because you think it's bad for your child, then it will be on record that you don't really have a religious objection. Just something to think about. If your pediatrician asks you, you simply tell them, "My views on vaccination have changed and we will not be continuing." That's it. Good luck researching!
Plummeting is offline  
#104 of 111 Old 10-27-2005, 06:20 PM
 
Sherra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
My question does anyone know about what the negative physical effects would be on my little guy if I accept no more vaxes on his behalf given that he has had the first three? Like do I need to consider accepting the rest of the vaxes cause he already started the first series?
Nope, if anything you are saving him the negative physical effects of all the crap that is in the vaccines imo. You don't need to finish the series.


Quote:
Also, here in CA, the schools try to make Hep B vax mandatory, and will have to get a game plan to fight that fight, since I plan on him attending a public charter school my dd goes to that I love, and the childcare folks will most likely want him immunized when I have to go back to work before age 1.
California is one of the more open states. Know your laws. If it is a public charter school I'm fairly certain that they have to accept the state laws on our philisophical exemption (I'm from california).

State laws:
http://www.nvic.org/state-site/California.htm
http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/cc-exem.htm

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=328759

If you run into trouble, please let us know and we have a lot of people here that can help you with whatever with all sorts of advice.


Quote:
Unlike my dd who had mild fussiness after IZ's, he had a 100 degree fever the day after the three vaxes and restless sleep for two nights following and I just got to thinking, maybe I blew it with accepting those vaxes...
I know how this feels. My daughter suffered a seizure after her 2 month shots and it took me a long time to get rid of the guilt. I have the same feelings as you about the medical field not telling me the entire truth. They led me to believe that the worst that could happen was a mild fever. I like to think of this as a wake up call and thank god I was able to stop the train from moving before it hit a pedestrian crossing the tracks. I'd not feel so much animosity towards them if laws weren't coming down upon us to force us to accept this stuff without scrutiny.

Quote:
Anyway, here I am trying to get a game plane to address this whole topic. Does feel overwhelming, but I am determined to figure it all out.
You sound like I did..I was so overwhelmed..and it took a few months for the fog to clear but I wanted to tell you to hang in there momma..there IS a light at the end of the tunnel. As my father says...Where there IS a will there IS a way!
Sherra is offline  
#105 of 111 Old 10-27-2005, 11:52 PM
 
Castle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've read this whole thread, and I find it fascinating. Can I just repeat some stuff for confirmation? Please correct me if any of the following is incorrect.
  • OPV "works" by infecting the taker with a weakened strain of poliovirus. In theory, this should make the person immune to the wild strain of poliovirus.
  • In almost all cases, the person receiving OPV shows no symptoms of contracting polio, but occasionally (something like 1 in a million?) it does cause the person to contract a full blown case of paralytic polio.
  • The weakened OPV strain of poliovirus is just as contagious as the wild strain.
  • IPV does not prevent someone from becoming a carrier of poliovirus, either the weakened OPV or the wild strain. But it does prevent paralysis from polio.

Assuming this is all correct, I don't get the effort to "eradicate" polio that the WHO and other health organizations are attempting through massive vaccination with OPV in underdeveloped areas, and IPV in the western world. I've always heard it compared to smallpox eradication: "If we vaccinate everyone, eventually the disease will disappear forever, and no one will have to worry about it again and we can stop vaccinating for it." I don't see how this could happen.

I mean, lets assume they successfully knock out all the hotspots of polio "outbreaks" we've been hearing about lately. Say they managed to vaccinate every single kid in the world with OPV (besides the kids in America, UK, etc who still get IPV) and there were no more cases of wild polio being reported for years. They could still never stop vaccinating because they'd never be sure that it wasn't running around undetected in the communities that had been given IPV. And we'd still be left with the vaccine strain of poliovirus, which, though weakened, is still a threat to some (most likely immunocompromised people?).

Does this make sense? Am I missing something?
Castle is offline  
#106 of 111 Old 10-28-2005, 12:12 AM
 
mamakay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in la la land, or so they say...
Posts: 8,332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle
I've read this whole thread, and I find it fascinating. Can I just repeat some stuff for confirmation? Please correct me if any of the following is incorrect.
  • OPV "works" by infecting the taker with a weakened strain of poliovirus. In theory, this should make the person immune to the wild strain of poliovirus.
  • In almost all cases, the person receiving OPV shows no symptoms of contracting polio, but occasionally (something like 1 in a million?) it does cause the person to contract a full blown case of paralytic polio.
  • The weakened OPV strain of poliovirus is just as contagious as the wild strain.
  • IPV does not prevent someone from becoming a carrier of poliovirus, either the weakened OPV or the wild strain. But it does prevent paralysis from polio.

Assuming this is all correct, I don't get the effort to "eradicate" polio that the WHO and other health organizations are attempting through massive vaccination with OPV in underdeveloped areas, and IPV in the western world. I've always heard it compared to smallpox eradication: "If we vaccinate everyone, eventually the disease will disappear forever, and no one will have to worry about it again and we can stop vaccinating for it." I don't see how this could happen.

I mean, lets assume they successfully knock out all the hotspots of polio "outbreaks" we've been hearing about lately. Say they managed to vaccinate every single kid in the world with OPV (besides the kids in America, UK, etc who still get IPV) and there were no more cases of wild polio being reported for years. They could still never stop vaccinating because they'd never be sure that it wasn't running around undetected in the communities that had been given IPV. And we'd still be left with the vaccine strain of poliovirus, which, though weakened, is still a threat to some (most likely immunocompromised people?).

Does this make sense? Am I missing something?
Nope. That's the deal to a T.
It's news to me, too.
I'm not really thinking it was intentional, but it does sound like good buisness, doesn't it?
Even if it was a serendepity for the industry.
Lucky them.
mamakay is offline  
#107 of 111 Old 10-31-2005, 06:35 PM
 
Castle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did anyone catch the coverage of this "outbreak" on the CBS (or was it NBC, I'm not sure, I watched both) Evening News last night? It made me .
It was all 5 cases of polio unvaccinated Amish going door to door to get these people to vaccinate .
And they had this "expert" on saying it's a "complete mystery" where this polio outbreak came from.
Castle is offline  
#108 of 111 Old 10-31-2005, 06:58 PM
 
Dolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 547
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh good grief - I'm glad I missed all of that nonsense.
Dolphin is offline  
#109 of 111 Old 10-31-2005, 08:17 PM
 
oneotamama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Northeast Iowa
Posts: 2,035
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle
Did anyone catch the coverage of this "outbreak" on the CBS (or was it NBC, I'm not sure, I watched both) Evening News last night? It made me .
It was all 5 cases of polio unvaccinated Amish going door to door to get these people to vaccinate .
And they had this "expert" on saying it's a "complete mystery" where this polio outbreak came from.
I didn't see it either. I almost wish I had. : We live about 4-5 hours from this "outbreak," and public health is harassing our Amish too. Most of them have been vax'ed now b/c public health is telling them how dangerous it is. They're not running out telling the Bishop or anything, but it's a pretty well known fact. Makes me sad

Liz~A wife and homeschooling mother to two gifts from God!
oneotamama is offline  
#110 of 111 Old 10-31-2005, 11:45 PM
 
tayndrewsmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: WI
Posts: 10,472
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: I guess they didn't hear the earlier press reports on it being linked to someone who got the OP vax? Oh wait, that's probably called selective hearing, I guess.
tayndrewsmama is offline  
#111 of 111 Old 11-02-2005, 02:26 AM
 
crayon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Where snow drifts, drift....
Posts: 3,725
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I heard today about the kids in MN that have positive Polio. I was worried about another outbreak in the US- and I don't live far from MN with 2 unvaxed kids. So I came to the only place I trust and did a search here about polio. I am happy to say my kids WILL stay vax free. Reading what I did here gave me another reason not to vax them for this.

I talked with my Aunt who lives in Iowa and she said people there are freaking out- even her husbands family that are all "earth mamas" are getting their kids vaxed. I need to get my girls vaxed I know she means well, and we live in an era of prevention or thinking people are preventing it is the only way to go- funny this virus was transmited from a live virus vax!!!

I just wanted to say thanks for the education!

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
crayon is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off