Anyone choose to do the Hib? Appt tom. and panicking - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 08-18-2006, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
that is a MUCHO cool ped......I want one like that.
#62 of 66 Old 08-18-2006, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ryleigh's Mommy~

I don't know how they estimated it or what proof they have. That info came from an anti vax site- not the CDC. So I really don't think they would make up numbers to try to scare me about a disease.

That's the point I was trying to make. In 1994 after they mass vaxed for it, there were hardly any cases. While in 1984, before they vaxed for it, there was 20,000something. I don't know how many deaths, but the figure they gave was that it is fatal in 5-10% of the cases.
That's the point being made, no one knows the number of cases prior to the vaccine being licensed because hib wasn't nationally notifiable until several years AFTER the vaccine was licensed. Meaning, they MADE UP the number of cases, 20,000 they claim, ESTIMATED from a few states who were voluntarily reporting.

They did the same thing with Hep B, claiming 200,000 cases reported per year, yet when I looked up the actual cases reported, it was less than 11,000!! Where did they get the other 189,000 cases? They claim these are the amount of cases that go unreported. Again, pulling the numbers out of the air.
#63 of 66 Old 08-18-2006, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ryleigh's Mommy~
The appt went great!
When I told the pedi that I didn't want to continue with the Hib and prevnar because according to the CDC, she doesn't have a SINGLE risk factor for them, and because of diabetes thing and the whole serotype/organism replacement, she was totally supportive. She then asked what our long term plans for vaxing were. When I told her, she said that when she gets a little older "make sure to take her to those chicken pox and measles parties as soon as you find out about them because they are only contagious for a short time" and to "make sure and go if you find one because they don't have a whole lot of those parties anymore"
Even though I had planned on taking her to those types of parties, I never mentioned it to her, she brought it up first!

Thanks everyone!

~Melissa~
wow! sounds like a great visit!

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#64 of 66 Old 08-18-2006, 06:53 PM

just chiming in to say I think this thread should go in the archives as well.

Mama to 14yo, 9yo, 7yo, and babe born 9/2012
#65 of 66 Old 08-18-2006, 07:25 PM

Wow! I'm so glad your appointment went well. It sounds like your ped is a real keeper.
#66 of 66 Old 08-19-2006, 12:00 AM

I agree with this going in the archieves! I really had issues with the HIB and Prevnar vax. Thanks so much for the great thread!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page