Talk to me about serotype replacement (sp?) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 12-04-2007, 11:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No it was a questioner that was answered by 581 people whose children are vaccine free. And those children were compared to vaccinated children.

Percentages were given as to the results -

10% vaccinated kids have asthma.
0% out of the 581 vax free kids had asthma.

25% vaccinated kids have allergies.
2.9% out of the 581 Vax free kids had allergies.

10% vaccinated kids has ADS or ADHD.
1.37% out of 581 have ADHD.

and so on...
#32 of 36 Old 12-04-2007, 11:07 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Here are some links on NTHi replacing HiB:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...indexed=google
Quote:
In addition to the proportional increase in cases of non-type b Haemophilus influenzae disease in the post-H. influenzae type b vaccine era, the incidence of invasive H. influenzae disease was found to be approaching the rates of H. influenzae type b disease that were documented in the prevaccine period. Fifty-six percent of invasive disease now occurs in individuals aged >10 years.

http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/abs/10.1086/511861
Quote:
During January 1996–December 2004, 770 cases of invasive H. influenzae disease were reported to the Illinois Department of Public Health (Springfield). The incidence of disease increased from 0.4 to 1.0 cases per 100,000 persons, including an increase of incidence in adults aged 65 years from 1.1 to 3.9 cases per 100,000 persons. Nontypeable H. influenzae disease accounted for the greatest proportion of cases (35.8%–61.5%) in all but 1 age group. The number of cases of invasive nontypeable H. influenzae disease increased by 657%, from a low of 7 cases in 1996 to a high of 53 cases in 2004;

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...i?artid=344485
Quote:
Phenotypes and genetic relatedness of invasive Haemophilus influenzae strains were evaluated from 1989 through 2001. Among 119 isolates, multidrug resistance decreased (from 50 to 0%), the level of H. influenzae serotype b (Hib) strains declined (from 81 to 16%), the level of noncapsulated strains rose (from 19 to 80%), and the first invasive H. influenzae serotype f strain was described.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...t=AbstractPlus
Quote:
Though numbers of Hib infections in adults fell after the introduction of Hib vaccines for children (P = 0.035), and there was no increase in infections caused by other capsulated Hi serotypes, total numbers of invasive Hi infections increased due to a large rise in infections caused by non-capsulated Hi (ncHi) strains (P = 0.0067)
#33 of 36 Old 12-04-2007, 11:14 PM

thank you, for the links...I need some time to read...I'm still trying to finish the polio documents and the Donagan transcript!

- 7; - 5; - 2; --due 4/11
#34 of 36 Old 12-04-2007, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Science Mom View Post
None of the other links were to actual studies. I would like to know what the authors concluded in this linked study.

SM
That there was no asthma found in the unvaccinated kids.
#35 of 36 Old 12-04-2007, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitti View Post
No it was a questioner that was answered by 581 people whose children are vaccine free. And those children were compared to vaccinated children.

Percentages were given as to the results -

10% vaccinated kids have asthma.
0% out of the 581 vax free kids had asthma.

25% vaccinated kids have allergies.
2.9% out of the 581 Vax free kids had allergies.

10% vaccinated kids has ADS or ADHD.
1.37% out of 581 have ADHD.

and so on...
Ops, I meant the last link. SOrry my mistake. In that study it was like 1300 kids and only 23 unvaccinated. SM was right about the other two, they aren't really studies at all. But still reading through them and tucking away.

The other stuff seems like interpretation of studies but do not provide the link. Such as here:

http://www.*********/vaccines/NZ%20va...esearch%20.PDF

So ill have to fish around. I'd like to find the one mentioned here (from link #2):

Quote:
Science News adds that a 1994 survey of 446 British children, most of them eight years old, showed that 91 received no vaccinations in early childhood. Only one child out of 91 got asthma. About 11 percent of the other 355 children who had been vaccinated with pertussis and other vaccines had asthma.
I would like to know if the children had any vaccinations in later childhood, since they only mention that there were no vaccinations in 'early childhood'.

Stuff like that happens when you only read interpretations, it can get slanted.

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#36 of 36 Old 12-05-2007, 02:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitti View Post
That there was no asthma found in the unvaccinated kids.
Are you using the abstract or the full text for that conclusion? Also, are the authors methods consistent with that conclusion?

SM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page