rotten afternoon - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-16-2008, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have had one o those afternoons with the children where it just all went wrong. my patience is non-existent i lost it when 3 yo refused to put shoes on, and i have lost my temper several times.

just need a hug and a sympathetic ear as this afternoon has been really crappy for all of us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 12-16-2008, 05:33 PM

Sending big hugs to you! I have had my share of days like that and I know how hard it can be. Try not to beat yourself up too much. I know that is easier said then done.. Please remember we are here to lend an ear if you need it.
#3 of 5 Old 12-16-2008, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

thanks

being 6 months pregnant and having 3 children, 1 at home and 2 at school and one of whom who is taking part in a christmas pantomime (taking up lots of time) plus christmas fast approaching is leading to a definite lack of patience.

roll on the christmas holidays - then we wont have to rush so much.
#4 of 5 Old 12-17-2008, 04:46 AM

I feel your pain. My youngest recently finished a run in the Nutcracker and, while it was a wonderful opportunity for her, it was an enormous time sink for me. The rules for a four year old basically kept me there the whole time.

Hang in there.
#5 of 5 Old 12-17-2008, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter

wow your dc must be very talented! how long did the run last? my ds will be appearing between dec 12 and jan 3 and take part in 19 shows in total. there are chaperones so i dont need to be there all the time, but i do worry about his being tired, as he is only 5 and the show doesnt finish till between 9.30pm and 9.45pm tonight, which is very late for him, but he is sleeping later than normal. the main problem is that he comes home so excited its another 1 1/2 hours before he can get to sleep...

plus this morning i woke up with a cold / cough / sore throat - maybe that is why i was cranky yesterday.

i am also feeling guilty about things we can do being limited by ds2's tiredness, but there we go i think being a parent always involves guilt in some way!! i will make sure i have a nice afternoon with ds1 today as ds2 wont be home till late.

anyhow enough of my early morning rambling!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page