Sri - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-14-2002, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone out there heard of Somato Respiratory Integration?
#2 of 3 Old 04-14-2002, 01:45 PM
PM
Banned

What I do know makes me wish I could do it. I wonder if I could find anyone in Paris. What kinds of things about it would you like to discuss?
#3 of 3 Old 04-14-2002, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

I've learned about SRI through seeking Network Chiropractic care. It's a complementary therapy. Apparently it helps you achieve the process of "unlocking your spine and unlocking your energy".

I love the Network and have been able to achieve a deeper level of breathing and awareness in my everyday life. My chiropractor is hosting a seminar where DH and I will spend 4 hours getting to know about SRI.

I've tried a little on my own, but it's hard to have the discipline and patience to practice it. Especially since I've recently begun spending 20 minutes a day on the Nordic Track. I am at peace with letting my kids watch TV while I exercise, but if I go on to another 30 minutes of SRI -- it seems like too long a period of separation from my two DS's (ages 5 & 2, almost 6 & 3).

I'm excited about the prospect of better understanding SRI and seeing if it's going to be a useful tool for me to use on my path. My understand of it now is that it is a way for you to get in touch with the rhythms of your bodymind. What is the rhythm of suffering and helplessness? Beginning exercises with declarations such as "This is never going to end." "No one can help me." bring us into the moment.

I love that SRI could be a tool I use to connect the parts of me that haven't talked to each other in years. The beauty, too, is that I don't have to analzye or understand...only connect with the rhythm of it.

Thoughts?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page