I need help having a talk w/neighbor---NEW UPDATE POST 45 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 11-25-2009, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Isn't the guy a pastor? If so, Sunday is certainly a "work day", and Saturday may be, too.

OP, have you invested in a white noise machine and some ear plugs. It sounds as though there's some things they could do, but also some steps you could take to fix the situation.
#62 of 66 Old 11-27-2009, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCVeg View Post
Isn't the guy a pastor? If so, Sunday is certainly a "work day", and Saturday may be, too.

OP, have you invested in a white noise machine and some ear plugs. It sounds as though there's some things they could do, but also some steps you could take to fix the situation.
We have multiple fans going on but the noise is too loud. I'd have to have something turned up at top voulme to cover the noise and that would defeat the purpose.

I can't wear earplugs because then I'd run the risk of not hearing my son if he woke up. I also can't put earplugs on him.

I understand that he works on the weekends. However, wearing shoes on a hardwood floor at 6:30-7 a.m. is not a necessity. It's not a life altering change for them to wait until they leave to slip shoes on. However, sleep IS a necessity. I don't stay up late, I try to go to bed at a reasonable time but was getting woken up multiple times by them LATE. Then getting woken up EARLY.

After our talk they have quieted down noticeably so apparently it can be controllled and we're all getting more sleep down here. And they are being pleasant so no hard feelings. Maybe they really didn't know how loud it was.

Mama to one 2 yr. old tornado banana.gif
#63 of 66 Old 11-28-2009, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCVeg View Post
Yup. I think this is a basic oversight in the issue.
#64 of 66 Old 11-28-2009, 02:45 PM

I was thinking....when they're both home, could you invite one of them into your apartment while the other goes upstairs to clunk around in their shoes and then have them switch places? You mentioned that they may be starting to 'get' what your talking about but sometimes it takes hearing it themselves to believe it. They may finally say "whoa, that is loud" and problem solved.
#65 of 66 Old 12-01-2009, 10:06 PM

I wish I could bring my neighbor downstairs so she can hear what it sounds like down here when she has sex with her boyfriend between the hours of 1 an 3 am. They come home drunk throwing shoes (which she always does when she removes them btw) and the sex is so loud they do not hear me beating the ceiling with a broom.

I share a 1 br apartment with my 13 month old and we cannot sleep until they are done. I run the AC fan and another fan and can still here it several rooms away in the living room with the door shut. It's like a construction crew tearing off the second floor.

Jenn- Geeky momma to one fabulous Tiny Diva (10/27/08)
#66 of 66 Old 12-02-2009, 05:01 AM

I ahve read the whole thread and all of the OPs stories about where she lives. Eegads, I hope you move! I would not be able to deal with the neighbor shooting himself.

I think you are handling this maturely. Just be careful. I find that sometimes people get mean when exposed even over small things and no matter how direct, kind and reasonable you are being. In my experience, when people think they are religious (or better for whatever reason) that can make their reaction worse. Not all religious people mind you...there are those who are genuine lovers of Truth and respect others...but just many who claim to be religous can really be wacky when confronted with anything truthful.

I really hope you move. I hope for a nice, simple detached house with kind and honest neighbors for your family and you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page