Laying it all out here in hopes for some inspiraton to change (flaming welcome, maybe it will help lol) update post 41! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 98 Old 02-22-2010, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I hope you are hanging in there mama!
#62 of 98 Old 02-22-2010, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks everyone!! Yep, nearing the end of Day 3, wow today was full of cravings, don't know what happened there, but I did NOT give in. I'm actually doing this. Today has been the hardest by far, I have no clue why. I"m hoping to get tired early. Maybe that's it, I'm tired. Last night I couldn't fall asleep until 4am. I woke up at 8am with a shirt soaked in pee, dd pee'd through her diaper, so I woke her up and changed her outfit too, than she was up for the day. YAWN!!

familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif nut.gifMommy to my amazing 6 yr old dd, we homeschool.gif, and  27 weeks belly.gifpuke.gifand have been sick the whole time so far, grrrrr!!!!!!!

#63 of 98 Old 02-22-2010, 10:39 PM

You can do it! I remember how hard this is - it feels like torture. Just remind yourself - if you start smoking, you have to go through this again! we are here for you!

:j oy
#64 of 98 Old 02-23-2010, 12:33 AM

ITA! At this point you have gotten through a lot of rough spots I imagine. So now it is much easier to just keep going forward. You only want to do this once, right?
#65 of 98 Old 02-23-2010, 01:19 AM

When I read your post about waking up with a shirt full of pee I thought to myself, "Gee, I never knew incontinence was a part of nicotine withdrawal!"

Hang in there, mama!!! You've come so far already!

Sleepy mama to Colin Theodore 8-12-08 and Trevor Arthur 7-17-12.

#66 of 98 Old 02-23-2010, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belia View Post
When I read your post about waking up with a shirt full of pee I thought to myself, "Gee, I never knew incontinence was a part of nicotine withdrawal!"

Hang in there, mama!!! You've come so far already!

I know, I had a similar reaction. Hopefully she gets a good sleep tonight.
#67 of 98 Old 02-23-2010, 02:03 AM - Thread Starter

No, I didnt' pee myself, my daughter pee'd all over me lmao

familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif nut.gifMommy to my amazing 6 yr old dd, we homeschool.gif, and  27 weeks belly.gifpuke.gifand have been sick the whole time so far, grrrrr!!!!!!!

#68 of 98 Old 02-23-2010, 02:49 AM

You can this! You are strong and you are loved!

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#69 of 98 Old 02-23-2010, 04:38 PM

Hang in there Kaileysmom, you are doing so well! I am rooting and praying for you!

Wife to dh, Mommy to ds1 12/2002, ds2 9/2005, and ds3 9/2008.
#70 of 98 Old 02-23-2010, 05:24 PM

Wow, what an inspiration you are mama!

You're doing an AMAZING job. I'm so in awe!

4 kids under 10
#71 of 98 Old 02-24-2010, 08:59 PM

How are you doing?

Postpartum Doula mama to Tristan born 10/09
#72 of 98 Old 02-24-2010, 10:06 PM

I just found this thread and I'm so impressed with you!!! I was ready to write all of my "brilliant" suggestions (that's sarcasm), but you have it all worked out. Good for you! I would imagine all of your previous lack of sleep was due to both the diet cokes and the nicotine. I would imagine in a few days (at the most), you are going to sleep much better. Please keep posting as you can because it is truly inspirational reading what you are going though!
#73 of 98 Old 02-24-2010, 11:02 PM

#74 of 98 Old 02-25-2010, 02:30 AM - Thread Starter

Day 5 is OVER!!!! It's starting to get a little bit easier, today was hard since I had to drive grandma to the docs in her car *she can't drive* and she chugged cigarettes the entire ride. I'm trying to be nice. Tomorrow there are no plans, so I can just relax and vegitate The only times I'm having really bad craving at this point, is during stressful situations. I'm used to blocking out the event by focusing on smoking a cigarette. Now, I think I'm going to actually buy a book, twilight,either new moon or eclipse.. Twilight is my other vice, and I think it's pretty healthy LOL. I've also been naturally eating better and cutting down on diet coke. I wasn't trying to at all, but the crap I was eating just doesn't taste as good as real food. Lots of turkey sandwiches, lemonade, vanilla rice milk, cereal, chicken nuggets. Obviously I havent' done the vegan thing yet, but all in time. Thank you all for thinking of me!!!!! <3 March 20th is when I'm going to start getting un-addicted to diet coke, I'm going to do a cleanse, and also get caffeine pills, and anything else the lady at the health food store tells me may help (as long as she isn't trying to rip me off, depends who's working), but right now, one minute at a time

#75 of 98 Old 02-25-2010, 04:01 AM

I'm so happy for you. You are doing this and so strong!
#76 of 98 Old 02-25-2010, 12:36 PM

Five days is amazing. You are amazing!

Mama to a sweet 12/06 girl fairy.gif and a squishy 8/09 boy biggrinbounce.gif
#77 of 98 Old 02-25-2010, 12:42 PM

Awesome!

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#78 of 98 Old 02-25-2010, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

I just realized that at least one of my reasons for smoking was to suppress my own thoughts, I don't want to think about certain things, and if I were smoking a cigarette, I could divert my attention to focusing on, well smoking. Now I catch myself thinking, and I don't feel I have anything to divert my attention to. I don't even know if that makes sense. Intrusive thoughts suck, I mean your brain should be quiet, unless you choose to think, right?

Anyway besides that, everything is going smooth. I have NOT SMOKED in 6 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#79 of 98 Old 02-25-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailey's mom View Post
I just realized that at least one of my reasons for smoking was to suppress my own thoughts, I don't want to think about certain things, and if I were smoking a cigarette, I could divert my attention to focusing on, well smoking. Now I catch myself thinking, and I don't feel I have anything to divert my attention to. I don't even know if that makes sense. Intrusive thoughts suck, I mean your brain should be quiet, unless you choose to think, right?

Anyway besides that, everything is going smooth. I have NOT SMOKED in 6 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a friend who got through quitting smoking by picking up knitting... at least it'd give you something to keep your hands busy and focus on?

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#80 of 98 Old 02-25-2010, 04:31 PM

Kailey's mom... wow, your thread brought tears to my eyes! I'm truly happy and so proud of you!

My mother smoked for 30 years and quit cold turkey in 1990 and she haven't smoked since then. She's going to be 77 years old this coming March and is very healthy. I can imagine that you're going to be on the same boat if you keep this up!

A quote to remind yourself on a daily basis...
"Where the heart is willing, it will find a thousand ways. Where it is unwilling, it will find a thousand excuses."

You're the one who found A THOUSAND WAYS! Congratulations!

I heartbeat.gif my  9/22/02  dd who likes to blahblah.gif, 4/29/09 mos old. silly & adventurous girl twins twins.gif ,  11/15/l0 girl baby.gif & my coffee drinking DH!
#81 of 98 Old 02-25-2010, 05:55 PM

You rock. Keep it going and think of all the good you are doing.
#82 of 98 Old 02-26-2010, 11:41 PM

how awesome for you!!!!!!! way to go!!!!!!
i totally get the intrusive thoughts sucking thing/smoking during stressfultime but i'm going to say that in a way it's good; you're identifying triggers and that's a huge step towards dealing with them in more healthy ways.
good job mama!!!!!

wife to dh, mama to dd1   june 2007, dd2 march 2009 and dd3 april 2011
#83 of 98 Old 02-27-2010, 12:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by galincognito View Post
how awesome for you!!!!!!! way to go!!!!!!
i totally get the intrusive thoughts sucking thing/smoking during stressfultime but i'm going to say that in a way it's good; you're identifying triggers and that's a huge step towards dealing with them in more healthy ways.
good job mama!!!!!
thanks

Day 6 is almost OVER. Tomorrow will be one full week of not smoking. I'm still waiting for my brain to turn off and stop thinking about cigarettes

#84 of 98 Old 02-27-2010, 02:58 AM

Woohoo! Coming up on a week! WTG!
#85 of 98 Old 02-27-2010, 10:32 AM

Congratulations, mama! I smoked for 10 years, quit in March 2003. The first few months are hard, no lie, but you can do this. I cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke now. You will feel the same one day, too. It is vile smelling. Your health is going to improve immensly and you will live a longer life and be able to hang out with your grandkids! My dad has COPD, he smoked for 40 years and wishes he could take it back but you know how that goes. You are taking it back!

Best of luck,
Michelle

BTW, I used to drink Mellow Yellow like it was going out of style and haven't had one since my dd was born in 2005! I only drink water now (or fermented drinks, like beet kvass, lol).
#86 of 98 Old 03-04-2010, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

Updating again, just wanted to let all of you know that it is day 11 and I am still smoke free

Today I started being very conscience of what I am eating. My goal is to avoid fast food and red meat. I've done this before, not hard... I wish my family would stop accusing me of being "anorexic" I have a history, yes. No, that's not what I am doing, I'm just trying to slowly but surely make a life change. I'm looking forward to feeling 100%, whatever that means for me LOL.

Thanks for all the support ladies, you all were there for me when I needed you the most. Without your support, I don't think I could have done this. I needed support, and I don't have that IRL *ugghh, I hate that term IRL, you are real people, I just can't see you* anyway hugs to you all!

#87 of 98 Old 03-04-2010, 01:19 AM

I am so glad to read your update. I've been wondering how you have been doing. I am glad that you are making positive changes in your life. You are so strong!
#88 of 98 Old 03-04-2010, 01:19 AM

That is freaking amazing!

Keep on truckin'!

Mama to a sweet 12/06 girl fairy.gif and a squishy 8/09 boy biggrinbounce.gif
#89 of 98 Old 03-04-2010, 01:26 AM

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

#90 of 98 Old 03-04-2010, 02:44 AM
Banned

Hooray! Great update! You are doing it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page