Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
#32 of 53 Old 02-08-2010, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(hugs)

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

#33 of 53 Old 02-08-2010, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Another mama sending you hugs and healing thoughts. My son is adopted and I live in fear that he will not handle the news well when he's older. His story is full of abandonment and drugs and mental health issues and I pray I can help him process it all when the time comes.

Lean on your hubby. I hope he can understand and support you through your healing.
#34 of 53 Old 02-08-2010, 06:59 PM

Mama to DS (3/7/06)om.gif, DSD  hearts.gif(11/17/02), DD (1/16/08 )energy.gif ,  DS2 (5/30/10) sleepytime.gif and Baby Quinn angel.gif (R.I.P 3/22/13)

#35 of 53 Old 02-08-2010, 07:18 PM

I read it too.

mama of DS(3) & DD(2)
#36 of 53 Old 02-08-2010, 08:49 PM

I don't come here anymore. MDC has become overgrown with ads & useless extra forums.
#37 of 53 Old 02-08-2010, 10:02 PM

Read it, and wow are you brave to do that kind of soul-searching and growth. I am really proud of you, even though I don't know you!
#38 of 53 Old 02-08-2010, 11:20 PM

I read it and heard you. You're on the right path.
#39 of 53 Old 02-09-2010, 12:19 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm so sorry to read about what you had to go through.

Sending you Positive vibes and Big hugs to you from Toronto!!

nerdy mom to DD1 7yo, D2 infant
#40 of 53 Old 02-09-2010, 06:52 PM

New signature, same old me: Ann- mama of 2 boys and 2 girls, partnered to a fabulous man.
I'm an unintentional weasel feeder and I suck at proofreading.
#41 of 53 Old 02-09-2010, 07:58 PM

Wanted you to know you are not alone. Keep moving forward in your healing. Read alice ******, john bradshaw, louise hay, sark. try therapy or energy healing. It makes life hard, no doubt. The only thing that makes it better is that we are responsible for our own healing and we can do better with our own dc.

Hang in there and share with your dh. Holding back doesn't help intimacy. Intimacy can be so healing, esp if he is a good guy and a good daddy. I watch my dh and dc and am just so grateful.
#42 of 53 Old 02-09-2010, 08:11 PM

I read it.

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#43 of 53 Old 02-09-2010, 08:28 PM

s

hijab.gif Childbirth Educating and Doula-ing wife toflowersforyou.gif , and mama to hammer.gif6/09. Story of my life:buddamomimg1.pngduh.gif knit.gifscared.gifsewmachine.gifdishes.gifcd.giftea6.gifread.gifsleepytime.gif

#44 of 53 Old 02-09-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderMae View Post
From one daddy-less little girl (now grown woman) to another.
Yeah that

It's amazing that the pain is still so deep.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#45 of 53 Old 02-11-2010, 01:01 AM

It sounds like you are on your way to a long healing process. In telling your husband, what is your fear? Alice ****** books have been helpful to read. Oddly, the book 'Playful Parenting' has helped me to express myself in more positive ways, look for my true self in all my relationships. A good therapist may help guide you though this painful period.

We create our own reality.
#46 of 53 Old 02-11-2010, 01:24 AM

I read it, and i'm so sorry you've lived with that pain. My oldest son's father abandoned us when my boy was 17 months old. He's 15 now and I still haven't told him that his daddy isn't biologically his. I know my husband loves my oldest as if her were his own, and he wants the very best for him with all his heart. My daddy wasn't biologically my dad either, but i wasn't told till i was 27. I don' t think i've ever mourned the loss, because my mother picked a much better man to be my daddy than I ever could have expected. I suspected a few times that I wasn't his, but it was more to timing (him in basic training vs the month I was born) than because of any way that he ever treated me. I do wish your dad had treated you as special. I always thought of myself as a daddy's girl. I've been struggling with when I should make my son's biological facts known, and I think it's safer to go with later rather than earlier, would you agree?

Wife to one : Mama to 4 Gramma to 1 :
#47 of 53 Old 02-11-2010, 12:14 PM

I have read and heard you.

I'm a me, too, on the "father but no daddy," though he has long since died (died emotionally long before his physical death).

In foster care for much of my teens, started bulimia there...I wonder how many of us have food issues from this.

You deserve to be loved and you deserve not to have to try so very hard. You deserve to be loved for just being. You are helping others by reaching out, but that's not your job! Peace to you.
#48 of 53 Old 02-12-2010, 01:30 AM
Banned

so beautiful to have such an empowering realization. you are such a valuable person. wonderful and unique.
#49 of 53 Old 02-12-2010, 06:57 PM

i feel your hurt too.
#50 of 53 Old 02-16-2010, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfpintj View Post

Hang in there and share with your dh. Holding back doesn't help intimacy. Intimacy can be so healing, esp if he is a good guy and a good daddy. I watch my dh and dc and am just so grateful they'll never know what I did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchy Kaby View Post
It sounds like you are on your way to a long healing process. In telling your husband, what is your fear?
I don't know how much DH knew, but I have avoided talking to him about my food issues since we were engaged. I told him I was bulimic at that time and he FLIPPED out and didn't want to get married anymore. I told him I would stop, and I tried, but it just came back to bite me in the butt.

So I didn't want to tell him. But I have always meant to share this blog with him - I just wanted to get it better established first, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTX View Post
I read it, and i'm so sorry you've lived with that pain. My oldest son's father abandoned us when my boy was 17 months old. He's 15 now and I still haven't told him that his daddy isn't biologically his. I know my husband loves my oldest as if her were his own, and he wants the very best for him with all his heart. My daddy wasn't biologically my dad either, but i wasn't told till i was 27. I don' t think i've ever mourned the loss, because my mother picked a much better man to be my daddy than I ever could have expected. I suspected a few times that I wasn't his, but it was more to timing (him in basic training vs the month I was born) than because of any way that he ever treated me. I do wish your dad had treated you as special. I always thought of myself as a daddy's girl. I've been struggling with when I should make my son's biological facts known, and I think it's safer to go with later rather than earlier, would you agree?
Jessica, the problems I had regarding my adoption was exactly that - I felt my WHOLE life that if my real daddy J. was around, he would love me and take care of me and treat me like I was special since D. (stepdad) didn't - and I still suspect to this day that he only adopted me legally because otherwise my mom wouldn't marry him. My mom is a good woman, but when it comes to D. and my relationship she's a little blind. Your husband sounds like a good man, so I don't know if you should really worry about it. Maybe tell him when he's 21? No idea. Good luck with that though.

For the record, in my case I would have figured it out eventually as A) I remembered when my mom and stepdad got married (I was 3 at the time) and B) my stepdad is very, very Hispanic and my mom and I are very, very white. It kinda should have been obvious to me that I wasn't really his, but I never really considered the possibility that someone else was my dad. I thought I was conceived by the Force or like Jesus was or something. Blasphemous but I was a naive little 8 year old who rarely looked out of her fantasy books to learn about the real world

In any case, I went to talk to my church leader about this on Sunday and to ask for help. The ward is going to pay for my counseling, and I did end up telling Nate and letting him know that I am still struggling with bulimia. It went well and he didn't flip out or demand a divorce, so I guess we'll see how it goes from here.

Kris - married to Nate since 12/06, mom to Toby since 1/08. Also servant to two felines. Done having babies for medical reasons.

#51 of 53 Old 02-18-2010, 05:32 PM

Caroline, partner to J, post partum doula, kitchen manager, aspiring midwife, soon to be nursing student, mama to my furbaby, someday a mama to not so furry munchkins, G-d willing
#52 of 53 Old 02-19-2010, 07:28 PM

I am glad you told your husband and are going to counseling. good luck to you and keep working on yourself.
#53 of 53 Old 02-21-2010, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Your blog made me cry.

I have always wanted a Daddy too. I was raised by a solo mom and did end up meeting my dad for the first time when I was 22. I ended up getting a Daddy the only way I knew how. I married one. He's 20 years older than I am and I can't say that was the best decision of my life .

Good luck with your healing journey. It seems like you have a lot to deal with regarding the abuse you suffered by the hands of your step-dad. I'm sending lots of love your way.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page