Anyone truly hate their mother in law? - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

#211 of 214 Old 11-12-2014, 10:29 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I LOATHE my MIL and I have been struggling to find coping mechanisms. She is "bipolar" and I use quotations because her behavior doesn't wuLify as bipolar, she's simply a terrible person. She has, on more than one occasion, told my husband lies about me to cause problems, fell through last minute to help me because I was giving birth to my son, had a 2 year old while my husband was deployed and she is the most self centered inconsiderate person I've ever met. My husband demands a relationship with his father and she's part of the package because she is in complete control of her husband, my FIL. They're around every 6-8 weeks and stay with us for the weekend. I don't know how much longer I can take this.
Sponsored Links
#212 of 214 Old 12-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Wow... This is still a popular topic, talk about a blast from the past. Must be the holiday season and enforced family get togetherness that is going around. Hang in there everyone, Christmas and attendant visitation by unwanted in laws is about to hit, but soon it will be February , blessed, quiet, peaceful February.
#213 of 214 Old 01-09-2015, 09:56 AM
Omg, I despise my mother in law. After we went through terrible infertility treatments and then lost a baby, my husband confided in her his sadness, and she used his vulnerability to talk him into leaving me while he still able to have kids with someone else. For 8 terrible weeks she fawned over a woman he took up with that works where my Mil works and was more to her liking. I almost lost my marriage and my mind. Now that we're back together, I have to have holidays with my in laws knowing they want me and my useless uterus out of their son's life. He loves them and says I shouldn't hold a grudge. Sometimes I think that it will just break me. If my husband ever leaves me again the one good thing about it would be id never have to see my MIL'S cold treacherous face.
#214 of 214 Old 05-23-2015, 08:36 AM
I should be on the Board of Directors!

I don't hate my MIL because that is not a strong enough word to describe how I feel about her. I supersoniccatastrophicplutoHATE that seed of satan. She is nothing more than a taker and instead of wanting her son to be an upstanding husband, she makes him feel like I was the biggest mistake he ever made. He had not accomplished not one thing before we were together and with my guidance and support he is a Man today. Although he has grown financially with me he is still a boy when it comes to shutting down her crap. He never defends me and even once said that he can understand why she treats me the way she does. I served him with divorce papers the next day. We talked about things and decided to stay together but I certainly view him through different eyes. I know that I will never feel loved unconditionally by him and I accept that and constantly remind myself that I am standing alone. The only good thing about it is that it keeps me always on my toes knowing that Im the only solider in my Army. If I had known what I know now I would've never even said hello to my husband the first time. I was so much happier when I was a single booty call for my ex who's mom I absolutely adore. I look forward to my next life and I hope in that life I remember all of the hurt I have endured in this one so I can make a better choice for a life partner.

Last edited by PRETTYSILLY; 05-23-2015 at 08:38 AM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page