MDC Weight-loss Club: Monday weigh-in (March 1st) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 31 Old 03-01-2004, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey!

Another month, another week, another weigh-in!

I don't know how is the weither in your areas but here we can smell Spring coming!

Here are my stats:

Starting weight: 168 (158 on MDC)
Last week: 133
This week: 131
Weight-loss: 2 pounds
Total weight-loss: 37 (27 on MDC)

Babystep goal: 130
Final goal: 125ish - but I think I will have to reconsider this goal... I feel pretty good right now but my thights are still big and I want to tone and shape them to be able to fit in a size 7-8 at least (just bought new jeans and they are 9-10 - a size down since december ).

Here you go! Your turn! Come and share We'll with you or give you a big

Valérie   
#2 of 31 Old 03-01-2004, 09:42 AM

Way to go, Valérie!

I'm back on track after a couple weeks of being careless while we had visitors. My kids started back to school today and I took a nice long walk this morning! Feeling optimistic again, and hoping to get pretty close to my goal by my birthday in two weeks.

Started 11/10: 165 lbs.
Last week: 144
This week: 141
Mini-goal: 140
Final goal: 135-ish

Looking forward to hearing from everyone else!
#3 of 31 Old 03-01-2004, 09:55 AM

Looking good, ladies!

Highest PP: 225
Start here: 215
Last week: 209
This week: 207
Mini-goal: 205
Mid-Range Goal: 180
Ultimate goal: 145
In My Dreams Goal: 130

Getting closer to that mini-goal!!! Okay, I need to admit something... I don't really feel like .... I can't believe this but I think once I admit it I'll feel better (or at least that's my hope). I feel like it's going so slowly.... I love that I'm losing weight but I hate that it takes so long. I mean, it took about a nanosecond to gain it all.... Anyway, I also hate that I feel so bad when I lost two pounds last week and there is an obvious, over time, downward trend. Why, oh why, do I always have to be so hard on myself????? Gggrrrrr.......
#4 of 31 Old 03-01-2004, 10:24 AM

WTG Valérie & Jill!

Mama Bee! You are doing great! YOU CAN DO IT!

As for myself, I'm getting so excited that it's almost spring! I'll be able to walk the kids to the school playground that's several blocks away, if I take the long way I can get some extra exercise and a bit o' sun!

start wt: 154
Last week: 149.5
This week: 148.5
Weight-loss: 1lbs
Total weight-loss since Christmas: 5.5lbs

Babystep goal: 145

Final goal: 125

(all weights are with clothes & shoes)
#5 of 31 Old 03-01-2004, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Last week: 190
This week: 191

babystep goal: 185

Final goal: 160 or lower

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th
#6 of 31 Old 03-01-2004, 11:44 AM

highest weight (right before giving birth) 175
started here 145 (I think I started in Jan)
last week 142
this week 140.5
mini goal 140
final goal 125

I am happy with the scale reading this morning but I don't really trust it. The last three weeks read like this: 140.5, 142, 140.5

But I am sooooo close to my mini goal. When I reach it I am going to celebrate by buying some more workout clothes.
#7 of 31 Old 03-01-2004, 11:50 AM

Softmama, what a great treat! I've been thinking about a treat, too, for my 199 goal (I didn't list that one- not really sure what to call it).... I'm thinking maybe a new pair of sneakers! Back in the old days it would have been a box of macaroni & cheese or lasagna!!!! : Isn't it great to see changes not only on the scale but in the way we treat ourselves!?
#8 of 31 Old 03-01-2004, 12:18 PM

Day after giving birth:210lbs
Started here at:195 lbs
Last week:187lbs
This week:183 lbs
Loss this wk:1lb
Total loss so far:27 lbs
Loss since starting here:12 lbs
Mini Goal:180 lbs
Ultimate Goal:140 lbs

Well, I'm discouraged...I hate to admit it...my ultimate goal still seems so far away!!!! But, I absolutely can't wait to be out of the 180's....I haven't been thinner than 180 in 5 yrs!!!!
I know it will happen, my progress is amazing, if I contunue at this pace, then I'll be at my ultimate goal by June...I'm trying to look at it that way...but, it seems so FAR AWAY!!!!

Well, I will continue with my progress. WHen I hit my ulitmate goal, I'm going shopping too!!!!!
#9 of 31 Old 03-01-2004, 12:33 PM

Hello everyone!
You are all doing sooo good!

I only got to work out a few times this week but the scale is still moving down.

Last week: 177
This week: 175
Mini goal: 170
Overall goal: 145-155

I switched to stevia this week! I heard that 1tsp refined sugar can disable your killer T cells for 6 hours. No more of that!

My big deal will be finding time for exercise. My house is so messy! I'm doing about 5-6 hours a week with my business and those extra hours really make a difference in the house. I'm thinking about hiring maid service to get ahead, I'm sure I have about 10 loads of laundry sitting in the playroom and hallway upstairs to do, a few days worth of dishes, and organizing my desk which is just piled with disorganized papers. I'm just overwhelmed and I know if I were more organized I could better plan my weight loss in terms of exercise and meal planning, also getting to bed earlier. Whew! Glad that's off my chest.

Melissa
#10 of 31 Old 03-01-2004, 12:34 PM

Oh, and I can fit into my leather pants again!

Melissa
#11 of 31 Old 03-01-2004, 01:17 PM

Well, exercise doesn't count for everything. Last week was my birthday and I did not exercise on Monday or Tuesday was really sick the rest of the week and still lost! While eating birthday cake and pie!

At birth: 195
Starting here wieght: 170
Last week: 161
This week: 157
Lost: 3 lbs
Total since birth: 38 lbs
Mini Goal: 146 (pre pregnancy weight) by May (son will be 6 months then)
Ultimate Goal: 130

The weather has turned warmer here and I am going to put my son in the Bjorn and go for a long walk this afternoon. Thank you all for replying and posting both success and failure. It really boosts me to read your replies and know I have support! Thanks a million!
#12 of 31 Old 03-01-2004, 01:20 PM

Oops, I lost 4 lbs! I am a little tired!
#13 of 31 Old 03-01-2004, 03:11 PM

I am always in a hurry when I resond to this thread . Anyway I love this thread because I feel so motivated reading everyone's posts!

Softmama, I know what you mean about not trusting the scale. What is up with that? One day I am 145, the next day I am 155!?!? O.k. the scale this morning said 148, so I am going to go with that. I like you Idea about the non-food treat. I used to reward myself with junk! Bad Idea for weight loss!

Last week I weighed 149,
This week: 148

start wieght: 150
Minigoal: 140
Ultimate goal: 128

Gotta run! See you next week!!

Natalie
#14 of 31 Old 03-01-2004, 03:51 PM

I skipped last week because I was on vacation. Things are going well, alhtough vacation meant no real lose, but no real gain either, which I was happy about.

I have been posting on MDC since last month and have lost 7 pounds! On the 16th I posted in at 191, down 3 lbs from the week before!

Current weight: 188!!! (Thinnnest since high school!!)
Total lose since baby: 38 lbs
Total lose since September: 24 lbs
New mini-goal: 185
Larger goal: 175
Ultimate Dream: 170

Glad to read how well everyone else is doing. This tread is really great!

Megan

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#15 of 31 Old 03-01-2004, 11:11 PM

Here we go - I am always the last one to this party! Great work girls!!

Also I think I need to revise my numbers a bit. I seem to not be doing my math correctly and (thankfully) cheating me out of extra pounds lost!!

Highest Weight While PG: 197
Highest PP: 177
Last week
Today: 157
Total lost since PP: 20
Next mini-goal: 155
Big Goal: 140
Ultimate-Dream-World Goal: 130

I am a little sad that I only lost a half a pound this week. I didnt excercise though.

I checked out Curves in my neighborhood but it is really small and seem a little cheesy!! I know another thread is going about this but any other mommas on this thread use it?
#16 of 31 Old 03-02-2004, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by goodcents
I checked out Curves in my neighborhood but it is really small and seem a little cheesy!! I know another thread is going about this but any other mommas on this thread use it?
I do! I've been a member since February 2000, but I didn't work out during my pregnancy with dd (at the advice of my OB) and had to take a break later that year when my MIL was ill. I worked out during my entire pg and went back to working out when ds was 4 weeks old. I would be in tip top shape if I resisted my cravings more often. :
#17 of 31 Old 03-02-2004, 02:38 AM

Well, I'm posting here after months and months of totally not even trying to lose weight. I've overall been eating healthy food...going more and more organic all the time. I was posting here back in fall of 2003 but when i started gaining some wieght back and letting things slide I kind of didn't post for a while =).
I had 232 as my highest wieght while pregnant. At the birth of Jakob last February I went down to 217lbs. In the next few weeks I went down to 203 for a few weeks, but ever since I have been between 210-220lbs, depending on the day and the scale.
So, I am ready to recommit myself to my goal of losing this weight! I feel awful...my joints are aching, especially my knees. I'm tired a lot...which has been my excuse for not exercising lately.
So my goals right now are: drink more water and don't drink soda when dh brings it home. Go on the treadmill 4 times this week, in the morning when dh can watch ds....go for at least 20 minutes at a good jogging pace. Resist my sweet-tooth, specifically the urge to indulge in something chocolately almost every day. Wish me luck everyone! Reading some of your stats has really inspired me....here I go....

#18 of 31 Old 03-02-2004, 07:42 AM

Starting weight 12/29/2003 183

Today 3/1/2004 176

I didn't remember when i began keeping track i thought it was only a month and was surprised to see it was 2 full months. thank you ladies for being supportive through this cold icy winter.Spring definitely feels close and i am 7 pounds closer to my goal of 160. I plan to exercise more this week, even if it is only a 20 minute walk in the afternoon between work and my daughter's bus. Good Luck to All Rudemama.
#19 of 31 Old 03-02-2004, 08:43 AM

Starting weight: 170
Mini goal: 150
Goal: 140-130 depending on how I feel, look, and how muscular I am

I am four weeks post partum today, so I'm going to start exercising. I went walking yesterday. I will be starting some gentle yoga tonight (at home).
#20 of 31 Old 03-02-2004, 09:46 AM

I started at Curves in mid-September and I have lost 21 pounds (including re-losing the 10 pounds I gained back over the Holidays!). I love it (You can read more on the other thread).

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#21 of 31 Old 03-02-2004, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Hey! Good work fellows!

Hum Mamasoleil... how weighting 187 last week and weighting 183 this week equals loosing 1 pound :

Valérie   
#22 of 31 Old 03-02-2004, 12:31 PM

Welcome, all who are new to this thread!

Melissa
#23 of 31 Old 03-02-2004, 12:47 PM

Last week: 197.5
This week: 194.5
First goal: 185
Longrange goal: 155

Not sure how I lost anything. Glad to see it, anyway.
#24 of 31 Old 03-02-2004, 01:36 PM

Ok, i was on these threads whenthey originally started but i got pg soon after that

Anyway, it'll take me awhile to get familiar with everyone and their stories and such. But I'm ready to jump right in. (If you want a detailed description of my struggles it is in the thread titled "My own eating disorder".)

Here we go.....I am almost 5 weeks post partum ( MamaOui)

Starting weight 212 (hehe I was at the end of my pg but I count it as my start)

My Height: 5' 0"
Starting weight (1/29/04): 212
Weight when I decided it was time (2/23): 186
Current weight: (3/1/04):183
Last weeks loss: 3 pounds (water weight I'm sure)
Total loss post baby: 29 (13 pounds to go of baby weight!!)

Mini goal: 165
Long Range goal: 130 (or whenever I feel best )
Clothing Goal: around an 8 (I'm currently a 16)

My goals for this week: More water, Less pop, More exercise, Better Dinners, Less Takeout, No caffeine, Limit refined sugar & dairy (we are fighting thrush)

Oh, and I odn't think I will weigh myself every week. I'm thinking of only weighing myself once a month. Then hopefully I won't notice little weight fluxes.

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#25 of 31 Old 03-02-2004, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by its_our_family
Oh, and I odn't think I will weigh myself every week. I'm thinking of only weighing myself once a month. Then hopefully I won't notice little weight fluxes.
Hey Megan!

I'm thinking of only weighing once/month myself. The couple of times I've weighed in one week (ex. on Monday and again on Friday) sometimes it looks like I'm the same or gained, but when I weigh again on the one week mark I've lost weight. Weird, huh?
#26 of 31 Old 03-03-2004, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mama Bee
I feel like it's going so slowly.... I love that I'm losing weight but I hate that it takes so long. I mean, it took about a nanosecond to gain it all.... Anyway, I also hate that I feel so bad when I lost two pounds last week and there is an obvious, over time, downward trend.
A pound or two a week is GREAT progress. There have been weeks where I've been stuck at a particular weight, but eventually the scale starts moving downward again. Just think, if you lost 2 pounds a week you'd lose 104 pounds in a year and that would probably be too much!

I started an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of my weight. I have the date in the first column, my weight in the second, my body mass index in the third (set it up as a calculation), my weekly change in the fourth, and my overall weight loss in the fifth. It's amazing how the little numbers in the fourth column add up to the big numbers in the fifth column. I can graph my weightloss over time and see that downward trend really clearly.

There's also research that shows that slow and steady weight loss is more likely to be permanent than fast weight loss!

All that said, this is one of those plateau weeks....I'm stuck at 152. I'd really like to make my mini-goal of 150 by March 15 when we head out to the West Coast and warm weather for a week, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#27 of 31 Old 03-03-2004, 04:15 PM

Val~OMG, I'm such a spaz!!! I weighed in at 184lbs last week!!!!
But my clothes are all so lose, I'm still motivated!!!!
#28 of 31 Old 03-05-2004, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

DS began doing gym twice a week for 3 hours each time... have to eat high carb high protein diet... hmmm that doesn't help my weight-loss plan :LOL I'm stuggling with his menu right now... (the schedule overlap regular meal time - have to be creative) Once I have this set up, I will think about lowering the carb content for my serving ild

I will take advantage of this time (the 3 hours) to do some errands but I'll also take at least one hour to walk around the block (well, if the weither is OK... or I'll end up walking at the mall... ) I know one of the mom is running... I'm not that fit yet and have an history of sprain ankle that doesn't encourage me to start running :

I hope this added activity will help me achieve my goal of sliming my tights

Have a nice week-end and see you monday for another weigh-in

Valérie   
#29 of 31 Old 03-05-2004, 05:59 PM

Hola. I was looking for some sort of weight loss thread/support system....TA DA!!

I have been either pregnant or nursing or both since 2001.....90 pounds and two bebes later HERE I am!!!!! My youngest is just about 5mos and I have been trying to lose for about three months with out much success. I was recently diagnosed with hypo-thyroidism and that had been throwing a wrench in the weight loss works...I am now medicated and feeling better than ever and have started losing a little.

Anyway, here are my stats:

5'3"
The day I delivered: 244 (YIKES!)
pp: 225
current: 215
mini goal: 190
ultimate goal: 135

Gotta scoot.......baby crying.........

There are three things I learned about life. It goes on. -Longfellow

stillheart.gifRIP DH DJ Delicious but mucho gracias for our children and all I have learnedstillheart.gif

#30 of 31 Old 03-06-2004, 09:33 AM

Good morning all! I have peeked in on this thread before but I think I am ready to fess up! Here you go!

Married 26 years
Mom to 6 ages 25-8, yetta to 1
My Height: 5' 0"
Weight the day I married 98#
Weight when I started my new lifestyle 189 (January 16, 2004)
Weight today: 169 AND I have lost 17.25"
Mini goal: 139
Long Range goal: 125 (or whenever I feel best )
Clothing Goal: around an 8 (I'm currently a 14) and I don't have the body of an 18 year old (DUH) so I don't think I will ever see a size 5 again.

How do I plan on doing it? Somethings are really helping. Here is my list of NO's:

No refined sugars
NO take out! Period!
NO bread except one day a week and then only one piece.
NO sweets. Period. Only fruit.
NO making excuses not to go to the gym. I feel so much better mentally and physically now than I did 7 weeks ago.
NOthing Fried. Period.
NO going overboard on the dairy. My daily yogurt is it.
NO meat at every supper. Salad, green beans and tea are plenty!
NO, I will not reward myself with a bag of M&M's because if I do I will want a 5# bag. I am off sweets, I am off sweets, I am off sweets.
NO, I will not complain because my grocery bill has grown. Eating well costs more.
NO, I will not live to eat, I will not crave, I will not cheat, I will not sabotage myself.
NO, I don't think double chins are attractive. Not even on me!!! :LOL
And NO, I will NOT gain back my weight. NO matter what happens in my life, I will never use food as a comfort again.

Now for my YES'

YES, I will have a salad today
YES, I will drink my water today
YES, I will keep a positive attitude even when I get on the scales and nothing has changed. (I know this will get harder)
YES, I want to wear pretty clothes again. Or look good in my everyday clothes.
YES, my poor feet feel better!!
YES, my father had a heart attack at 42 and I want to live to be 100! And be healthy until then.
YES, my mother and one brother are diabetic - do I need any more incentive???
YES, I live in the South where people eat like there is no tomorrow. And sometimes there isn't. Where people have been known to deep fry Twinkies and put powdered sugar on them.
YES, I am going to keep drinking my coffee. I know, I know the caffeine. But that is a battle for another day. I used to drink 1-2 pots of coffee, 6-7 Cokes (not diet) a day...add a barbeque sandwich for lunch (white bun of course), fried something for supper...OH don't forget the King sized bag of M & M's AND half a bag of the crunchy Cheetoes.
YES, I fed my kids right. They aren't allowed and never have been. So I knew it was wrong but...In fact I fed my family rather "crunchy" - not wanting them to grow up with the habits I had.
YES, I will meditate everyday. I will tune into what I am feeling physically and emotionally.
YES, I will exercise my body as well as my brain.
YES, I will be happy when I finally have control of this area of my life.
YES, I am taking responsibility for this battle. I could blame it on any number of things but the facts are 1) I am an adult and know better than to abuse my body 2) I want to live to be a old healthy woman like my granny was 3) I hate people who blame their state of being on something. Everything in life is a challenge. How else do we grow as human beings?
YES, I will eat to live.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page