Anyone else want to start taking better care of themselves? - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 167 Old 04-02-2010, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do nothing but relax. Hope you feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful~Life View Post
Having a tough time today. I am sick and def. don't feel like doing any self care. I know I need to though. I just feel tired and depressed. The girls are going to their dads tomorrow so hopefully I can get some things done, relax and get to feeling better.

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#152 of 167 Old 04-03-2010, 09:01 PM

Thank you.

I am feeling a little better today. My girls are with their dad for the night so I have some time to relax. I bought myself an iced coffee and some new yarn earlier and am going to spend the night knitting, reading, and taking a bubble bath!

Student/Working Mama notes.gifgeek.gif
to DD 1dust.gif & DD 2energy.gif & engaged to DFpartners.gif

#153 of 167 Old 04-03-2010, 09:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Beautiful~Life, sounds lovely.

I've been sick with food poisoning yesterday of days and am finally starting to feel somewhat better.

I am feeling anxious though, having some heart palpitations, which is really unusual and uncommon ever since I got on psych meds. I have to tune into myself and figure out what is going on.

I think I feel stressed about the postpartum and dh coping without me for awhile. He does a really super job but gets stressed out and overwhelmed understandably without me to spell him off at times. I have been considering getting a PP doula to help him. But then there's the finances. I'll just have to figure out how to make it work. Also help with cleaning.

I am not sure why else I am feeling so anxious. Anyway Mamas, thanks for listening!

Loving the self care everyone is doing!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#154 of 167 Old 04-05-2010, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post
My goals for the coming week:
~ Go to bed in the ten o'clock hour each night.
~ Wake up in the seven o'clock hour each morning.
~ Eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
(The above have really gotten crazy with our busy schedule this month and I want my health and energy back!)
~ Drink 60+ ounces of water each day.
~ Focus on what *I* need for our upcoming vacation. (I've been focusing so much on what DD & DH need that I am forgetting that I probably have the least appropriate clothing and shoes for this particular trip. It'll be cheaper and less stressful to buy what I need here before we go.)

Enjoy your week!
Checking in at the end of the week...

~ I definitely did not go to bed in the ten o'clock hour each night. Maybe one or two nights...
~ I did wake up in the seven o'clock hour each morning. (Consequently, I am just really tired all this week.)
~ I am pretty sure I managed to eat breakfast each morning and I know I ate dinner each night. Lunch may have been missed once or twice. This is WAY better than the last few weeks, so I'm calling it good and keeping it up.
~ I did not pay close enough attention to my water intake, but I did drink quite a bit throughout most days.
~ I did focus on my own clothing needs this week and I purchased some of what I needed. Tomorrow I need to return a few items that didn't work and look for water shoes. DD is completely ready to go. DH is probably halfway ready and will complete his stuff quick and easy. I have a few more areas to focus on, but feel confident I'll be ready on time with very little stress.

For the next week, I'm not sure what to expect or set up for my self-care. For the first two days, the same as last week (let DH & DD take care of themselves and focus on myself, along with the other items). The rest of the week, though, we'll be on vacation and I mostly just want to relax and enjoy myself. Vacation mode puts me in a different frame of mind and I naturally look after my physical appearance more carefully (yet ironically in very little time). Remembering to smile frequently and to pack my sense of humor are at the top of my list!

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#155 of 167 Old 04-08-2010, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

How is everyone doing? I have been cooking healthy meals ahead of time to help resist temptation. I am also getting around 100 ounces of water a day.

I think I might be sensitive to my moisturizer because I have noticed that I am breaking out since I started using it.

It has been super hot outside lately and I spend about 4 hours a day outside, so I always feel stinky and gross

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#156 of 167 Old 04-09-2010, 12:21 AM

Sounds good Bunnyflakes, all that healthy cooking and lots of water.

It's hard to do self-care right now with baby still sick with tummy bug. I'm sooooo exhausted getting up with her in the night, poor little thing, and then going to work. Zzzzz. At least I am wearing my nice new Wal-Mart clothes and shoes to work.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#157 of 167 Old 04-09-2010, 04:24 PM

I stumbled across this post today and have been giggling reading the first couple of pages. I can relate to so many things!! I am short on time and will catch up on the rest later but wanted to say hi!! I am a WAH mom of three boys who pretty regularly stays in pjs all day with my hair in a ponytail. I am at the very high end of my weight and I think that I can stay in denial about it with my pj pants and a tank top. I am on day 2 of exercising and have been taking a shower and then getting dressed (in my pants that are a little too tight) after I'm done. It motivates me to keep moving all day. Who wants to lay around in tight jeans?!? I even painted my toe nails yesterday. Interesting that I should come across this post today...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear. Although I'm pretty sure that I am both the teacher and student in this case. I'm just listening to what I know that I should be doing. I look forward to coming back and reading the rest of this and keep working on taking better care of myself.
Katie
#158 of 167 Old 04-09-2010, 05:05 PM

Hi.
I bought purple eyeliner and hot fuschia lipstick today.
I feel like a teenager and it's very pretty.

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#159 of 167 Old 04-10-2010, 06:56 PM

A wonderful girlfriend of mine asked if she could watch the boys for the night so I am going to meet my husband and some friends for a few drinks. I was going to just run over the way I was (hair in ponytail from yesterday/no makeup) but instead I took a shower, dried/straightened my hair and put on make-up. I feel really great
Katie
#160 of 167 Old 04-18-2010, 01:17 AM - Thread Starter

How is everyone doing?? I have been rocking my water intake lately. My skin is super dry though. I need to up my moisturizing!

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#161 of 167 Old 04-19-2010, 06:27 AM

Whoo hoo on the water intake Bunnyflakes! So good for your body!

Have been nesting and organizing over here which is self-care in a way, because it makes me feel more SANE and HAPPY to get things ready for when the baby is coming. Otherwise I've overworked again this weekend. This is my own responsibility. I tend to just go-go-go and not stop. There's still always too much to do. Now I am fighting a cold and maybe pink eye? Argh. It's hard to fit in the self-care stuff esp. with such little children around who need you all the time. I have to be able to say "To hell with it!" when there's a kitchen full of dirty dishes and laundry piled up and dirty carpets, and just say, "I'm gonna have a nap!"

On the positive side, I wore a very pretty blouse yesterday and got lots of compliments. That's always nice.

How's everybody else?

#162 of 167 Old 04-19-2010, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

I worked out this morning, then showered and put a headband in my hair, put earrings on and even wore a bit of makeup. One of my coworkers said I looked pretty

#163 of 167 Old 04-22-2010, 03:17 AM

Hi!

I did well on vacation with my self-care.

The five or so days we've been back? Hmmmm..... Could use improvement.

I am doing something good for myself this weekend. Friday through Sunday I will be in the mountains with friends (no kids or husbands allowed) scrapbooking the days away. I packed my toiletries today and added makeup. I decided on my clothes today and opted for decent clothes instead of yoga pants and/or jammies. There will be 4-6 women and no one would complain either way, but I want to feel good about myself even if we never leave the cabin. (We buy groceries and cook and clean together. The cabin belongs to two of the ladies mom and she only asks for the utilities to be paid and the place to be clean when we leave. Awesome deal!)

Maybe this weekend will kick-start the good at-home self-care I had going before vacation??? I sure hope so....

I hope everyone is doing well with their own self-care.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#164 of 167 Old 05-27-2010, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Okay it has been a month I am bumping this thread back up!

I haven't done that great on the physical aspect of things. I found that I did not enjoy doing the full body moisturizing each night I don't know why My skin just didn't like it!

I have been washing my hair a lot more often because it is so flipping hot here now. And I spend 3 hours a day outside, if not more with the chickens. I have become pretty lazy though with them because the hotter it gets the slower I want to move, apparantly

I joined Weight Watchers and I have been doing really well so far this week. I wont weigh in for another full week though because Monday is a holiday and they are closed. I have been really trying to eat healthy though and to drink a ton of water.

And writing every thing down that I eat.

And feeling my feelings for a change rather than stuffing them down with food. But I feel kind of sad lately. I filed for divorce. Why am I sad? I am doing what I wanted to do.

I hurt myself at work last week and I am stressing out because of that. I think I am fine, just an ankle sprain and irritating my already bad knee. But I have to go get papers filled out, etc, and that is stressful to me, I think.

No makeup though now, because it just sweats off anyhow. My clothes look better on me now, too.

And of course I conquered my exercise demon on May 15th when I walked the nature trail at my job. I barely made it around but I was so proud when I did. I hope to do it again soon!

How is everyone else doing?

#165 of 167 Old 05-28-2010, 02:18 AM

Glad to see that you're doing good. I hope everyone else is doing well and sticking to their goals.

Can I join? I need to start taking my meds. I always intend to, and then make excuses or just plain forget. Or I start them and stop them for stupid reasons (like wanting to drink at a club ) I need to take my pills and I want to start tomorrow morning. Maybe having some accountability here will help me stick to it.

I'm good on make-up and all that girlie stuff already. My diet and exercise could use some work...but one thing at a time for now.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#166 of 167 Old 05-28-2010, 02:53 PM

I just took my pill. I lagged, but I did it.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

#167 of 167 Old 05-28-2010, 07:38 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page