Anyone else want to start taking better care of themselves? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 167 Old 03-03-2010, 02:07 AM - Thread Starter
 
Purple*Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fluffyville
Posts: 5,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Because I do and I need support!

I dressed up today and I noticed that when I looked nice, I felt nice! I tend to be very "Eh" about my clothes, my face, my hair. Just because I am a teacher doesn't mean I have to dress like I am doing yard work all the time

I think that when I toss on old clothes in the morning, put my hair in a pony tail and brush my teeth, that it sets the day up for me to feel "blah". My job requires a lot of energy and I think that today, when I looked nice, I had more energy. A boost, maybe?

So I am going to babystep this and try to fix my hair every day this week. Nothing dramatic. Just maybe brush it *ugh, am I admitting to not always using a brush? * and spray it, maybe put in a headband- anything other than the pony tail!

Anyone else want to join me?

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin
   
Purple*Lotus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 of 167 Old 03-03-2010, 02:11 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: On a pilgrimage to Canterbury
Posts: 2,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Me me me!

I am in the t-shirt/jeans/ponytail camp as well. I don't brush my hair often either, but I think it's okay.

I'm actually looking for a pretty drastic change. I am going to take the plunge this week and cut my hair OFF. I have been meaning to do it for a while now, but I just haven't gotten up the courage. I have had it short before, but I want it REALLY short now. I think it will help jump start some of my other self-care things that I want to do.

And I am making a lot of personal growth changes lately, so I feel like I need a clean break from "old me" so that I can get on with being "new me".

Looking forward to it, Bunny. Take care!
InMediasRes is offline  
#3 of 167 Old 03-03-2010, 02:11 AM - Thread Starter
 
Purple*Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fluffyville
Posts: 5,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay! I am glad someone else is in! I am excited about it!

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin
   
Purple*Lotus is offline  
#4 of 167 Old 03-03-2010, 02:13 AM - Thread Starter
 
Purple*Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fluffyville
Posts: 5,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love having short, permed hair. It was always so easy to take care of and always looked nice. However, it does not suit my face at all. Longer hair really does look better on me. Sadly Longer hair is more work. Right now it is shoulder length. Still easy to take care of, but so tempting to just toss in that pony tail.

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin
   
Purple*Lotus is offline  
#5 of 167 Old 03-03-2010, 02:43 PM
 
AngieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,526
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been working on this lately also. I've started exercising and trying to eat better. I've also started doing little things like putting lotion on everyday, fixing my hair and (gasp) putting on a little makeup. I also bought some new bras that make my girls look good.

I think it's fine to put your hair in a ponytail, just get some cute hair things or do a nice twist or bun.
AngieB is offline  
#6 of 167 Old 03-03-2010, 03:25 PM
 
coleslaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: finding my way
Posts: 1,981
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd like to join! I'm a homeschool mom, so some days I don't shower and stay in my PJ's all day, if we have no plans, which isn't bad sometimes, but like you said, I don't have the same energy if I am in my PJ's.

I am in physical therapy for a bad hip, but am getting the green light for some exercise, so I want to get up early and go work out. If I simply do that, I accomplish so much that helps me. 1)I get to surround myself with adults, which may not happen otherwise 2) I get some "me" time 3)I get healthier 4)I'm "forced" to shower and get dressed. So that's my goal (I've already started with the PT, which was 5 years in the making). Good luck to all of you with your goals. Doing one thing usually leads to more!
coleslaw is offline  
#7 of 167 Old 03-03-2010, 04:38 PM
 
r&mmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Me too, me too! I WAH so most days it's throw on the sweat pants and put the hair up. But I have noticed when I take more time I feel better, have more energy, etc. I love my hair down, but I have to straighten it to get it looking nice - I wish I could get a perm for less maintenence but am not sure how it would look. I've been taking 1/2 hour walks in the evening and when I can't, doing a workout video.
Slowly trying to change eating habits

Good Luck!
r&mmommy is offline  
#8 of 167 Old 03-03-2010, 05:39 PM
 
mama2myloves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Beautiful WNC
Posts: 353
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You mean there's an alternative to my yoga pants, tank top and pony tail?

I'm in !

Happy mama to DD reading.gif  DS  drum.gif and DD coolshine.gif and married to an awesome DH jammin.gif.  homeschool.gif
mama2myloves is offline  
#9 of 167 Old 03-03-2010, 05:46 PM
 
*bejeweled*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,339
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there, I'm in. Yesterday I dyed my grays, blow dryed out my hair and bought some pretty new jewelled hair pins to wear on the side. And I put on lipstick. I looked and felt so pretty and someone told me so.

Soon I want to get back into my walking routine.

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
*bejeweled* is offline  
#10 of 167 Old 03-03-2010, 07:50 PM
 
sunnysandiegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am reading The Gabriel Method by Jon Gabriel (recommended by someone here on MDC in another of bunnyflakes threads). I am starting with positive self-talk. "I am safe. I am loved." Pretty powerful words, actually.

On the physical front, I have curly hair and often do not "brush" it. (I only comb it in the shower with lots of conditioner in it.) I love wearing my now longer-than-shoulder-length hair down. I do have a tendency to push it back behind my ears, so I am working on pulling it out from behind my ears whenever I notice it there. It feels so much nicer and looks prettier loose and free-flowing! I started wearing a barrette some days, too.

I did buy some well-fitting decent clothes back around Thanksgiving/Christmas and have been wearing those nearly every day. I feel better about my appearance now.

Makeup...hmmm...my DD asked me about that last month. I decided to get dressed a little nicer and wear makeup one day when I taught art in her classroom (volunteer; I always wear an apron when I teach art! LOL). She noticed and loved it! I felt good about it before arriving at the school and then promptly forgot about my appearance since I was so busy. Maybe I will make it a point to put on a little makeup every time I volunteer.... I used to do that....

My first commitment is to finish reading the book.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

sunnysandiegan is offline  
#11 of 167 Old 03-03-2010, 09:08 PM
 
carfreemama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,506
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I want to! I'm another WAH mama. I walk dd to school every day though, several times a day. The other moms look SO much more put together than me. I always feel so frumpy. I'm not looking for designer fashions. I'll always be a clearance-sale, second-hand-store junky. And I'm just not interested in makeup. What I DO want is:

-Drink lots more water. I'm 42 years old and how I take care of my skin (or not) is really starting to show.

-Eat more fruits and veggies! I'm a total health nut but I live on grains. Again, I just want to feel and look healthier.

-Take my doggie on longer walks/runs

-Do the lotion thing, like other pp's

-Improve my posture

-Buy snazzy, maybe even expensive new walking shoes. My feet are a size 11 1/2, narrow, with high arches. I walk everywhere and I deserve good shoes!

So there are my goals. Thanks for starting this, bunnyflakes.
carfreemama is offline  
#12 of 167 Old 03-03-2010, 09:54 PM
 
Monarchgrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oooh can I join? I'm a Finance Director, so you'd think I have to look nice...but nope! We all wear jeans and t-shirts at my job. I love it, but I find that when I wear a nice blouse, cute shoes, jeans, and just mascara I feel more awake and energetic! I don't brush my hair (don't even own a brush) because I have long, wavy/curly hair and it would frizz up if I did, so I'm off the hook there. I'm going to try to wear eye makeup and try not to look sloppy every day!

Oh and I totally need to practice sitting up straight. Starting...now!

So, Bunnyflakes, did you brush your hair today?

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

Monarchgrrl is offline  
#13 of 167 Old 03-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: On a pilgrimage to Canterbury
Posts: 2,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, I"m in the curly/wavy camp so brushing it makes it worse. I usually just run my fingers through it when I get out of the shower.

I realized today that it has been over a year since I had a haircut. Yikes!

I'm not going to do makeup because I just detest the stuff, and it rots my skin, but I AM going to:

-Stop eating so much sugar.
-Drink only 1 cup of coffee a day.
-Eat more fruits and veggies.
-Figure out some sort of exercise I can do around the house because I'm obviously not going to get motivated to go anywhere to exercise until it gets warm.

Oooh, sitting up strait is a good one. I think my back is permanently crooked from carrying babies on my hip. Maybe I'll schedule a massage too.
InMediasRes is offline  
#14 of 167 Old 03-04-2010, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter
 
Purple*Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fluffyville
Posts: 5,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did well today. I wore a my hair down with a headband, some lipgloss, earrings and a necklace.

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin
   
Purple*Lotus is offline  
#15 of 167 Old 03-04-2010, 01:20 AM - Thread Starter
 
Purple*Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fluffyville
Posts: 5,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post

So, Bunnyflakes, did you brush your hair today?
I did And one of my students said "Wow how did your hair grow so long so fast??" I had to explain that I was wearing it down for a change

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin
   
Purple*Lotus is offline  
#16 of 167 Old 03-04-2010, 01:37 AM
 
kittywitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Room of Requirement
Posts: 13,061
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I think I need to join in. I've had really really low self-esteem lately. I bought a little bit of clothes as motivation to lose those last few baby pounds. I'm considering buying a bikini this year. I've also started doing outrageous things like putting on lotion and not wearing pajamas all day. Most of my clothes have holes from the kids and cats, but it's better than Tinkerbelle jammies. I've been eating better (no dessert in forever/a week), exercising, and trying new things like Samba and Capoiera. I also have curly/wavy hair, so brushing it makes it worse. It's usually in a pony tail, but I'm trying to wear it down more. I'm getting it trimmed professionally this weekend in the first time in...4-5 years? And I got my nails done yesterday with a friend for the first time in a decade. Thanks for the motivation, ladies!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif
 
  

kittywitty is offline  
#17 of 167 Old 03-04-2010, 01:41 AM - Thread Starter
 
Purple*Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fluffyville
Posts: 5,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieB View Post
I've been working on this lately also. I've started exercising and trying to eat better. I've also started doing little things like putting lotion on everyday, fixing my hair and (gasp) putting on a little makeup. I also bought some new bras that make my girls look good.

I think it's fine to put your hair in a ponytail, just get some cute hair things or do a nice twist or bun.
How did your day go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
I'd like to join! I'm a homeschool mom, so some days I don't shower and stay in my PJ's all day, if we have no plans, which isn't bad sometimes, but like you said, I don't have the same energy if I am in my PJ's.

I am in physical therapy for a bad hip, but am getting the green light for some exercise, so I want to get up early and go work out. If I simply do that, I accomplish so much that helps me. 1)I get to surround myself with adults, which may not happen otherwise 2) I get some "me" time 3)I get healthier 4)I'm "forced" to shower and get dressed. So that's my goal (I've already started with the PT, which was 5 years in the making). Good luck to all of you with your goals. Doing one thing usually leads to more!
Good luck with your plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by r&mmommy View Post
Me too, me too! I WAH so most days it's throw on the sweat pants and put the hair up. But I have noticed when I take more time I feel better, have more energy, etc. I love my hair down, but I have to straighten it to get it looking nice - I wish I could get a perm for less maintenence but am not sure how it would look. I've been taking 1/2 hour walks in the evening and when I can't, doing a workout video.
Slowly trying to change eating habits

Good Luck!
How did it go today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2myloves View Post
You mean there's an alternative to my yoga pants, tank top and pony tail?

I'm in !
Quote:
Originally Posted by *bejeweled* View Post

Hi there, I'm in. Yesterday I dyed my grays, blow dryed out my hair and bought some pretty new jewelled hair pins to wear on the side. And I put on lipstick. I looked and felt so pretty and someone told me so.

Soon I want to get back into my walking routine.
Sounds nice Little tweaks can make a huge difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post
I am reading The Gabriel Method by Jon Gabriel (recommended by someone here on MDC in another of bunnyflakes threads). I am starting with positive self-talk. "I am safe. I am loved." Pretty powerful words, actually.

On the physical front, I have curly hair and often do not "brush" it. (I only comb it in the shower with lots of conditioner in it.) I love wearing my now longer-than-shoulder-length hair down. I do have a tendency to push it back behind my ears, so I am working on pulling it out from behind my ears whenever I notice it there. It feels so much nicer and looks prettier loose and free-flowing! I started wearing a barrette some days, too.

I did buy some well-fitting decent clothes back around Thanksgiving/Christmas and have been wearing those nearly every day. I feel better about my appearance now.

Makeup...hmmm...my DD asked me about that last month. I decided to get dressed a little nicer and wear makeup one day when I taught art in her classroom (volunteer; I always wear an apron when I teach art! LOL). She noticed and loved it! I felt good about it before arriving at the school and then promptly forgot about my appearance since I was so busy. Maybe I will make it a point to put on a little makeup every time I volunteer.... I used to do that....

My first commitment is to finish reading the book.
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreemama View Post
I want to! I'm another WAH mama. I walk dd to school every day though, several times a day. The other moms look SO much more put together than me. I always feel so frumpy. I'm not looking for designer fashions. I'll always be a clearance-sale, second-hand-store junky. And I'm just not interested in makeup. What I DO want is:

-Drink lots more water. I'm 42 years old and how I take care of my skin (or not) is really starting to show.

-Eat more fruits and veggies! I'm a total health nut but I live on grains. Again, I just want to feel and look healthier.

-Take my doggie on longer walks/runs

-Do the lotion thing, like other pp's

-Improve my posture

-Buy snazzy, maybe even expensive new walking shoes. My feet are a size 11 1/2, narrow, with high arches. I walk everywhere and I deserve good shoes!

So there are my goals. Thanks for starting this, bunnyflakes.
Glad you are in The lotion thing seems to be popping up a lot. Admittedly I only use it on my hands- I am a teacher and I have to wash them so much. I might start moisturizing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
Oooh can I join? I'm a Finance Director, so you'd think I have to look nice...but nope! We all wear jeans and t-shirts at my job. I love it, but I find that when I wear a nice blouse, cute shoes, jeans, and just mascara I feel more awake and energetic! I don't brush my hair (don't even own a brush) because I have long, wavy/curly hair and it would frizz up if I did, so I'm off the hook there. I'm going to try to wear eye makeup and try not to look sloppy every day!

Oh and I totally need to practice sitting up straight. Starting...now!

So, Bunnyflakes, did you brush your hair today?
Someone commented on my blog once that I had good posture. I never gave it much thought Have you been sitting up straight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMediasRes View Post
Yeah, I"m in the curly/wavy camp so brushing it makes it worse. I usually just run my fingers through it when I get out of the shower.

I realized today that it has been over a year since I had a haircut. Yikes!

I'm not going to do makeup because I just detest the stuff, and it rots my skin, but I AM going to:

-Stop eating so much sugar.
-Drink only 1 cup of coffee a day.
-Eat more fruits and veggies.
-Figure out some sort of exercise I can do around the house because I'm obviously not going to get motivated to go anywhere to exercise until it gets warm.

Oooh, sitting up strait is a good one. I think my back is permanently crooked from carrying babies on my hip. Maybe I'll schedule a massage too.
Those are good goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
I think I need to join in. I've had really really low self-esteem lately. I bought a little bit of clothes as motivation to lose those last few baby pounds. I'm considering buying a bikini this year. I've also started doing outrageous things like putting on lotion and not wearing pajamas all day. Most of my clothes have holes from the kids and cats, but it's better than Tinkerbelle jammies. I've been eating better (no dessert in forever/a week), exercising, and trying new things like Samba and Capoiera. I also have curly/wavy hair, so brushing it makes it worse. It's usually in a pony tail, but I'm trying to wear it down more. I'm getting it trimmed professionally this weekend in the first time in...4-5 years? And I got my nails done yesterday with a friend for the first time in a decade. Thanks for the motivation, ladies!
Welcome Getting your nails done sounds fun! Maybe I will ask my Mom to paint mine. I always make a huge mess when I do it

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin
   
Purple*Lotus is offline  
#18 of 167 Old 03-04-2010, 04:14 AM
 
sunnysandiegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the welcome, Bunnyflakes!

I fulfilled my first commitment and then some...

I finished the book tonight (The Gabriel Method by Jon Gabriel). My 8 year old DD wants to read it. She said it looks fun. She is the opposite of heavy and I said she could read it after I finished it. We'll see if she really wants to read it tomorrow.

I also downloaded the free CD from Jon's website and plan to listen to it tonight as I fall asleep, which will be shortly.

On the physical front, I wore a pink headband when we went out this evening (ice skating practice and lesson for DD) to match my pink top, which no one could see under the green sweater (with a pink stripe) and purple coat and two blankets! I felt pretty. It sounds silly....but my hair felt pretty and so did I. I am a Leo and I am beginning to believe the stereotypical statements that Leos think very highly of their hair.

DH is at a conference, so it was DD and I for dinner. I (not the usual cook, mind you) fixed us breaded, baked cod, steamed organic broccoli with a sprinkle of grated cheese, and organic raw veggies from our CSA in a salad with our favorite respective dressings. After DD went to bed, I ate half a sleeve of Thin Mints. I liked how I felt before I ate the cookies, but not afterwards.

Another goal I have, which I forgot to mention above is to notice how much water I drink every day. I used to pay attention to that. My goal was 60-70 ounces of plain water per day. I don't really have a specific ounce goal right now, but noticing the intake is important to me again.

I made a phone call and registered myself for an afternoon workshop on a topic of interest to me. I sent in the $35 check, too.

I also made an appointment with the Ayurveda specialist I used to see Fall 2008 through Spring 2009. I'm getting an abyhanga, which is an Ayruvedic oil massage from the scalp to toes. It is amazing! I am very excited about seeing her again.

Another goal is to go to bed between 10 pm and 10:30 pm each night. I've been doing this for a couple weeks and I feel better doing this than staying up later. My waking time cannot be adjusted too much to compensate for a late night since we have to be walking out the door by 7:22 am to get DD to school. We walk and I often walk back and forth between our house and the school 3-4 times a day with volunteer activities or meetings during the school day or meetings or events in the evenings. It is about a half-mile each way.

At some point, I'll share my success story and where I am now and why and what I plan to do about it. It's my bedtime now.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

sunnysandiegan is offline  
#19 of 167 Old 03-04-2010, 04:20 AM
 
Freedom~Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,624
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I definitely want to join in!

Ever since having kids and gaining weight I just never put much effort into how I looked, esp. since I have been a SAHM. Lately though I have really been trying. Every morning I have been taking a shower and then blowing my hair dry and straightening it. I have really long wavy thick hair and it is such a pain to dry...it is worth it though! I also have been putting on makeup and nice perfume. It really does make a huge difference in how I feel and my energy level. I used to just shower at night and then put my hair up during the day and never wore any makeup. I think when you look good, you feel good!

Student/Working Mama notes.gifgeek.gif
to DD 1dust.gif & DD 2energy.gif & engaged to DFpartners.gif

Freedom~Mama is offline  
#20 of 167 Old 03-04-2010, 07:24 PM
 
Monarchgrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today I took a shower (I do every other day) and wore mascara! I was really tempted not to, but I thought of this thread. And I'm wearing a cute green, blue & white top w/ a green cardigan and cute green and white shoes.

I'm (mostly) sitting up straight.

I need to start going to bed earlier. My problem is getting engrossed in a tv show or my book. I just can't stop and sleep.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

Monarchgrrl is offline  
#21 of 167 Old 03-04-2010, 07:39 PM
 
*bejeweled*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,339
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wore my hair down with a pretty rhinestone pin on the side. . I also painted my toes bright red and wore jewelled sandals.

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
*bejeweled* is offline  
#22 of 167 Old 03-04-2010, 08:06 PM
 
kittywitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Room of Requirement
Posts: 13,061
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Sounds wonderful, Bejeweled! Where'd you get the jewelled sandals?

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif
 
  

kittywitty is offline  
#23 of 167 Old 03-04-2010, 08:17 PM
 
*bejeweled*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,339
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Payless! Like 3 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
Sounds wonderful, Bejeweled! Where'd you get the jewelled sandals?

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
*bejeweled* is offline  
#24 of 167 Old 03-04-2010, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter
 
Purple*Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fluffyville
Posts: 5,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Am I the only one jealous that bejeweled is somewhere warm enough to wear sandals?

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin
   
Purple*Lotus is offline  
#25 of 167 Old 03-04-2010, 09:25 PM
 
Monarchgrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnyflakes View Post
Am I the only one jealous that bejeweled is somewhere warm enough to wear sandals?
I was going to agree, and then about 2 seconds ago the AC kicked on in my office. So...I guess it's warm enough here today.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

Monarchgrrl is offline  
#26 of 167 Old 03-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: On a pilgrimage to Canterbury
Posts: 2,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnyflakes View Post
Am I the only one jealous that bejeweled is somewhere warm enough to wear sandals?
I'm jealous too!

I bought myself a new pair of shearling slip ons a few weeks ago though. First pair of shoes I've bought in a few years.
InMediasRes is offline  
#27 of 167 Old 03-04-2010, 10:33 PM
 
sunnysandiegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I trimmed and buffed my fingernails today! I also clipped my toenails and all 20 of DD's nails. I generally have to clip my fingernails every other week because they grow so fast, but I rarely get around to BUFFING THEM. Clipping my toenails when I am wearing closed-toe shoes (seasonal) and nothing is poking me is rather RARE.

I also used tweezers to shape my eyebrows for a few minutes today. I have really thick eyebrows and used to get them waxed every so often over the last 11 years. I gave up on that a few months ago thinking I'd rather just go "natural". Hmmm... my "natural" just looks unkempt and wild. I would tweeze once a week between waxings (a few times a year), but had stopped doing the tweezing over the last year. This thread inspired me to follow my task list and just do it instead of deleting it.

I wore a clip in my hair today (most of my hair was down with the clip holding some of it off my face). It has given me a bit of a headache, so I just took it out. It didn't feel all that pretty, either. Hmmm... maybe that's not the ticket for me....

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

sunnysandiegan is offline  
#28 of 167 Old 03-04-2010, 10:50 PM
 
kittywitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Room of Requirement
Posts: 13,061
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnyflakes View Post
Am I the only one jealous that bejeweled is somewhere warm enough to wear sandals?
Not the only one!!!

I need to do my eyebrows, too, sunnysandiegan. I might do so while I get my 5 yo in the shower.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif
 
  

kittywitty is offline  
#29 of 167 Old 03-04-2010, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter
 
Purple*Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fluffyville
Posts: 5,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well today was picture day so I dressed way up, even wore panty hose

However, I took my earrings and ring off at around 4 PM, but in my defense, it was a loooooooooooooooong and crazy day

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin
   
Purple*Lotus is offline  
#30 of 167 Old 03-05-2010, 12:38 AM
 
*bejeweled*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,339
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm sorry I'm in Texas


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnyflakes View Post
Am I the only one jealous that bejeweled is somewhere warm enough to wear sandals?

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
*bejeweled* is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off