My freinds and family lie, or maybe I really do have body dysmorphic disorder, but I don't think so. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 02:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was diagnosed with body dysmorphic disorder years ago, I don't believe I have this, I think the psychiatrist was just afraid I was going to crash diet, so he threw that diagnosis out there to try to make me feel better. Maybe he was trying to make me believe that what I see in the mirror is false, as a way to be nice.

Self esteem now is at it's worst. Nobody in my family wants to hear it. I admit, i'm like a broken record. I was humiliated when my dh saw me in just my underwear today. I didn't want him to see how gross I am.

All I keep hearing from my mom and dh is that it's in my head.

I don't think it's in my head at all, I think people are just afraid to be honest. That's all I want. Tell me I'm ugly and fat, and help me to get normal.

I have a psychiatrist, I have an appointment at the end of the month. I am feeling MORE depressed. I'm already on antidepressant medication. I have been for years. I am grossed out each time I look in the mirror. I just wish I looked average.

People say I am skinny. No, there is such thing as body fat. I may have a small frame, but it's full of fat.

I quit smoking cigarettes 15 days ago, Maybe this is some form of withdrawl, although I have experienced it before.

I know many people who are overweight, even some who are obese, who still look normal. I'm not looking to be a stick, I just want normal.

My self esteem just sucks ass, and I have to keep this quiet, I don't want my 3 year old to hear or think any of this nonsense.

This sounds so petty, but it does effect my daily life. There are days I don't want to leave the house, than there are days, especially in summer, where I have no issues with hitting the beach in a bikini * I was skinnier last summer though* ugghhh, I can't do that this summer.

Anyway before I quit smoking I was 113.5 lbs. I'm 5 foot 4 inches. I am guessing that I'm around 130 pounds now, although I have not been on a scale.

Anyone btdt? I guess this was mostly a vent, i dont' even know if it made sense.

familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif nut.gifMommy to my amazing 6 yr old dd, we homeschool.gif, and  27 weeks belly.gifpuke.gifand have been sick the whole time so far, grrrrr!!!!!!!

#2 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 02:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it is so hard when you dont like what you see when you look in the mirror. I wish you peace and a solution.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 03:43 AM

i offer you a hug and understanding

and since you asked us, i will say that from what little you have said it does feel to me that you have some fight with yourself going on, not sure that is body dysmorphic disorder or just plain depression. either way, please work on letting those that love you to love all of you.

your height and weight sounds fine to me btw

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#4 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 04:26 AM

That would be hard, to gain weight like that as you are trying to make a positive change in your life style. Maybe you need an adjustment or new AD med. See if your Dr can recommend you to a counselor so you can talk out whatever you are going through. Don't try to do it alone, or just with the pills.

At your height and weight, I still wouldn't consider you overweight. Just go easy on yourself right now. You are making a big change and that is stressful on it's own.
#5 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 05:28 AM

I find it hard to believe you gained 17 pounds in the 15 days since you stopped smoking. But either way, 113.5 and 130 lbs are all WELL within normal BMI for someone of your height. Have you talked to your regular doctor about your weight? They see quite a few overweight people, and most doctors will be frank if your weight is not ok, particularly if you're willing to bring it up.

Also, do you have a therapist you can talk to about this? In my experience psychiatrists tend to deal mostly with prescribing medications. A good therapist can help you figure out what you're feeling and why and how to change it so you feel more positive about yourself- whether thats losing weight if thats healthy for you to do, or working on changing your body image.

As to whether its body dysmorphic disorder or not, its hard for anyone to say. i think many women have similar negative feelings about their bodies, including those who are perfectly normal. You do sound unhappy with the way things are though, and so regardless of whether the DX is correct, it might help to talk to someone about it.
#6 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 07:11 AM

I'm the opposite scale from you (obese), and from my experience, it's almost impossible to find a mainstream health care provider who does not readily let you know; whether you bring it up or not; whether your weight has anything to do with your doctor's visit or not, that you are overweight. Even slightly. And the nurses/assistants who take your vitals also usually let you know in some way.

It is extraordinarily difficult to deal with body issues. I second the vote to let those in your life love you just the way you are. Not easy, but I'll send out many vibes of support that it becomes easier for you. I'm glad you have people who DO love you, and I'm glad you're working with a psychiatrist. Maybe you can move your appointment up earlier in the month, or find another doctor or therapist who can see you earlier? I say this because I know that in the past, I've worked the nerves of close friends / family and they have done the same to me because we talk the same issue out over and over again. Problem with that is, if the people we're talking to aren't therapists, psychiatrists or just laypeople who are going through the exact same thing, they can't help, so those on the listening end just end up getting.....tired. And sometimes sad, because they really don't know what to do to help.

s. Be well...
#7 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailey's mom View Post
This sounds so petty, but it does effect my daily life.
I don't have any words of advice, but I want to say this isn't petty at all. You're obviously in a lot of pain.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#8 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubliette8 View Post
I find it hard to believe you gained 17 pounds in the 15 days since you stopped smoking. )
I havent' been on the scale yet, I'm guessing I weight 130. I was 113.5 before I quit smoking.... ya, seems a little high, but I feel like I weigh that much. that doesn't make sense huh. I'll have to get on a scale for a reality check. We dont own one, I was doing ok.. I don't know what is causing this flare up for lack of better words.

familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif nut.gifMommy to my amazing 6 yr old dd, we homeschool.gif, and  27 weeks belly.gifpuke.gifand have been sick the whole time so far, grrrrr!!!!!!!

#9 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Kailey's mom, you sound like you might be a little bit smaller than I am. I'm a bit taller (about 5'5.5") and probably about 130. I could stand to lose 5 or 10 lbs, but it doesn't worry me a lot except when I had to buy a dress for a funeral recently and they all seemed to accentuate my belly. My issue really isn't weight, though, but lack of tone. I really need to exercise more. My belly is really out of shape and squishy from babies and lack of exercise. I hate getting out when the weather is bad, but now that it's turning warmer I'm going to start walking more regularly and maybe doing yoga.

I want to congratulate you on quitting smoking. That is so awesome and such a hard thing to do. Be proud of yourself!

I don't think your weight sounds overweight at all, but if you feel bad about it concentrate on exercise and healthy eating. Don't diet, though. It's not worth that. Up your fruits and veggies and reduce your carbs and starches. Don't freak out about food and count calories or weigh portions, though. Try to get plenty of exercise. Your weight is probably plenty healthy. Try to concentrate on health —mental and physical— and not appearance. Exercise is great stuff. It helps both body and mind.

hth

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
#10 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 04:26 PM

Kailey'sMom, now I remember your other thread. You are VERY hard on yourself.

There are lots of these body mass indexes all over the web, but this one says 130 lbs/5 feet 4 inches has a bmi of 22.3, which is normal weight. Normal = 18.5-24.9

I think the psychiatrist was just afraid I was going to crash diet, so he threw that diagnosis out there to try to make me feel better. Maybe he was trying to make me believe that what I see in the mirror is false, as a way to be nice.

Did the doctor do or say anything else to make you believe he was a liar? Or incompetent? If another patient called you and asked if this doc was generally a truthful person what would you say?

Self esteem now is at it's worst. Nobody in my family wants to hear it. I admit, i'm like a broken record.

I'm not sure what you mean, nobody in your family wants to hear it? What don't they want to hear?

I don't think it's in my head at all, I think people are just afraid to be honest. That's all I want. Tell me I'm ugly and fat, and help me to get normal.

Your mom and your husband are both lying to you? Yes, people do lie to their loved ones to protect their feelings. But try to be objective about this, look at your dh's actions for example. Would you describe your dh to us here at MDC as generally an honest guy? Does he lie to you in other ways? Same with your mom. Is she generally honest with you?

People say I am skinny. No, there is such thing as body fat. I may have a small frame, but it's full of fat.

Are people lying to you? In your opinion do people, generally speaking, lie a lot? Yes, in deed, there is such thing as body fat!

Ugly and fat: what you are saying is that fat is ugly. Body fat is just fat. It's an amazingly efficient tissue that feeds us, warms us and protects us and works for us. If you're going to be brutally honest about yourself, like you want your family to be, then you must accept that fat is necessary and good. A healthy body has fat, all over it!

I'm getting from the tone of your posts that you place a lot of judgment on fat. If fat = ugly, does that mean fat = bad? Does that mean you believe that you, fundamentally at your core are an ugly person? Sometimes we think that our outward physical appearance reflects who we are. (I do it, too. I got stretch marks on my breasts right off the bat, when they were developing. In the back of my head I thought I was being punished for having wanted big breasts. It took me until after my first child to get past that distorted thought.)

I really don't know anything about body dysmorphic disorder, but I do think you have a whole lot of anxiety, and it's eating away at your image of yourself.

It's fantastic that you've got an appointment with a doc coming up!

#11 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Fat does not =ugly. I am not attractive to begin with, so adding fat doesn't help my already messed up self image. It's really hard to explain, but I'll try without sounding too psycho.

Ok, most people *both big and small* look normal. If they are big, they are proportioned and are still pretty kwim. If they are skinny, they are proportioned and still pretty. I don't have the "normal" I dont' look normal, and if I gain weight, is makes me disproportioned, I feel almost freakish. It's hard to explain unless one is in my head

Thanks for your insight everyone, it is helping me to sort things out. I moved my appt up, it's thursday at 2pm.

#12 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 07:46 PM

First, I agree that fat does not equal ugly. I have a mama's body, with stretch marks from two twin pregnancies and about 40 extra lbs. I am still not and never will be ugly. I just don't think Tiger Woods is ever gonna want me (thank goodness)!

Second, there is a simple and easy way to see what category of weight you are in and that is the Body Mass Index. Go to your regular doctor and have an exam and find out how much body fat you have and what the true diagnosis would be.

Third, I think that disorder diagnosis might well be correct because if your perception of your own weight has you not wanting to get out of bed and limiting your life. Then, YES, your perception is a disorder for you.

Fourth, what a wonderful husband to keep telling you how beautiful you are too him even though you won't believe him.
#13 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 08:02 PM

The strength of your words and self hate do alarm me. I don't think any of us can really judge how much 130 pounds on your frame might be, perhaps you are a few pounds over your ideal and that can be a valid way to feel. On the other hand, 130 pounds might be an ideal weight for your frame, especially if you have some muscle on you. So I don't think any of us can possibly say whether you have any "extra" body fat on you or not.

But ... your words are really alarming. One can be at a point where they needed to lose 5 or 10 pounds without the words you have used. (Again, not even saying you need to lose that - that's just theoretical).

I'm 30 pounds overweight and I complain about it a lot, but I honestly have way better self esteem about it. I don't hide from my husband. I don't call myself "abnormal." Or ugly. (Though I do admit I'm quite average-looking, but that's entirely different).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the real problem is your thoughts about it, not any weight you might or might not stand to lose. You are really, seriously hard on yourself, and I think you may overestimate the significance of your looks to others. (Well, I don't know that, maybe your husband is really hard on you).

Or do you live in a circle of people who are all perfect and skinny and rich and wearing designer clothes all the time? I know there are some people like that out there, I can't imagine the pressure. I live in a blue collar town and I could probably stuff my overweight self into a bikini and head to the lake and nobody would care.

Homeschooling mama to 6 year old DD.

#14 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 08:06 PM

The only advice I can give is trying working with your therapist, even if you don't agree with the diagnosis. I know that chances are, nothing I can say will change how you feel. But because the way you judge yourself and the way you asses others, I do believe that the diagnosis of Body Dismorphic Disorder is probably accurate though. Normal, overweight, even obese is fine to you. But what you consider fat (and ok) for other people is different from what you consider fat (and subsequently not ok) for yourself.

ETA: Normal, healthy weight for a woman who is 5'4" is between 130 and 145.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#15 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 08:11 PM

It sounds like there may be some "dismorphic" disorder going on in you. I don't know what you should do about it, but your thinking doesn't sound right.

So what if you're ugly...really. I doubt you are, but if you are, so what? Unattractive people are still perfectly happy, sexually active, valuable, loving, helpful, sexy(it's all attitude), self-assured,etc.

Attractive people are often sad, miserable, sexually insecure, critical, selfish, etc. Physical attractiveness is what people think they want, but the quest to be attractive shouldn't take away your happiness or self-worth.

You know how selfish and self-absorbed people are. They're usually just thinking of how THEY look and really don't notice the negative in others. If you think that others think your ugly, you shouldn't. They're really just worried about themselves. If they're not worried about their own looks, then they probably aren't concerned with how you look either. Only insecure people pay enough attention to others to be critical of them.

As a side note, I'm perfectly normal 5ft 6in. 160lbs. I wear size 10 pants, size L clothes. I wear a 2 piece bathing suit even though I have a few stretchmarks from my 4 kids. Sometimes I think I'm pretty and sometimes not. Whether I'm pretty to others doesn't really cross my mind much throughout the day unless I'm feeling extra hormonal (2 days per month).

I hope you feel better soon. Also, I seriously doubt you gained 17lbs in 15 days.
Lisa

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

#16 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 08:18 PM

I hear a lot about your situation, perceived or not, real or not...but what have you chosen to do about it? Are you still attracted to eating healthy foods, exercising moderately and enjoying life? Or do you feel tempted to deny yourself and to hide from the world?

Maybe you need to choose one small step and stick with it for awhile. For example, getting a fancy haircut, or adopting a skincare regimen. If you feel that your shoulders are rounded, buy a tension wrap and do tension exercises once a day. Or if you think your thighs are flabby, spend some time every night exercising them.

A number on a scale means nothing if you still feel upset about your body. You could weigh 80lbs and still see something that you don't like. But taking small, definite steps might brighten your outlook and make you feel in control.

Mama to expecting Babe 2
#17 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoticzenmom View Post
It sounds like there may be some "dismorphic" disorder going on in you. I don't know what you should do about it, but your thinking doesn't sound right.
This is what I'm thinking. I'm not qualified to make that diagnosis, but it sounds like it may be accurate.

OP: I'm 5'5" and over 200 pounds. I have no desire to hide from my dh, and can't imagine being humiliated by being seen by him in my underwear. I'd like to lose some weight...and I'd like to get down to about 160-165. I feel amazing at that weight.

I'm getting sidetracked. The point here is that your post very much sounds like someone who has a very skewed perception of her own appearance...seriously. I second that you should keep working with a therapist.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#18 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone, yet again. I will bring all of this up to my psychaitrist on Thursday, and maybe I'll have him schedule me to talk to a therapist in the office. I don't want this to rub off on my dd. I do have a ton of self hate, which is why I think I have this tendancy to be self destructive in a way. For example, smoking cigarettes, even though I knew it was deadly. I would love to wake up one day and not want to hide away in a dark room because of my reflection, it is depressing. I am depressed.

Here are some pictures so you all can see what I am dealing with. I was okay for a while, not hating myself so much for a while, and just as fast as it went away, it came back. I'm sorry for being the constant whiner on MDC I am striving to be a more positive person, and healthy. I guess that I still have to work on my brain some more.

http://pbckt.com/sr.RHg

#19 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailey's mom View Post
Here are some pictures so you all can see what I am dealing with.
You do not look overweight.

Quote:
I was okay for a while, not hating myself so much for a while, and just as fast as it went away, it came back. I'm sorry for being the constant whiner on MDC I am striving to be a more positive person, and healthy. I guess that I still have to work on my brain some more.

http://pbckt.com/sr.RHg
Do not worry about "whining". You're going through a lot, and trying to make positive changes (eg. quitting smoking - HUGE HUGE HUGE). People who are dealing with this sort of thing need support, and people here are willing to support you. Hang in there.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#20 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 09:30 PM

From reading your posts and seeing the pictures, I would think you have an eating disorder or body dysmorphic disorder. I am not giving you a diagnosis at all but have read a book on BDD years ago and have read numerous books on eating disorders (having had one myself throughout my late childhood and early teens).

You are not fat, you look very sad in those pictures. I really think you should see a therapist, read some books on the topics, join a support group. Really, I am saying this lovingly not to sound mean but I just don't think you are living the life you are meant to be living feeling that way. It is no way to go through life and you are a beautiful human being who deserves much more!
#21 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 09:33 PM

Kailey's Mom you're beautiful! Seriously. And those jeans are all wrong for you!

I see a cute butt that could rock a better pair of jeans.

I see a luscious round belly.

You are just right. Yeah, I know you're not going to believe me.

Definitely need a better fitting pair of jeans.

#22 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 09:44 PM

We have similar bodies (I"m 5'2 and about 126 now after having my baby a year ago) and it's all about the fit of your clothes! When I try to cram into clothes that are too small that used to fit me I feel awful, but when I buy cute clothes that flatter me I feel great. The belly sticking out is a 100% normal thing that happens to moms, nothing freakish about it. It does not usually go away on it's own, but Pilaties really helps. Not that I feel like doing it very often! The easiest thing for me is just to pull my belly button into my back and stand up straight all day, especially when walking. Then you're getting belly exercise without trying.

I do think you have some misperception and subsequent self esteem issues that therapy could help. Your body *is* 100% normal, it looks like mine and I feel perfect in my skin.
#23 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 09:49 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Yeah, KM, I'm both happy and sad to report that you look like a perfectly normal woman. I'm happy because you're not fat or ugly AT ALL! I'm sad because you think you are. It really does sound like you have some body issues. Your body is completely normal, but you're thinking about it is not at all.

Are all the other women in your life, your neighborhood, your town movie star good looking? If not, do you think the other women in your life are all miserable because they think they're too fat and ugly? Do you think they should be miserable? Are they normal? I'm betting that the other women you see are normal and come in all shapes and sizes and do not think of themselves as fat and ugly.

I think talking to someone, your psychiatrist or a therapist, is a good idea. Also, though, if you want to do something proactive instead of self destructive try exercise!

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
#24 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 10:02 PM

Your body looks very similar to mine. Only it looks like you have bigger boobs. I really don't have anything to say about possibly having a disorder, but wanted to comment that #1 I'm pretty sure your husband would love to see you in underwear and #2 within a year after I had my ds (2nd child) I was at my heaviest non pregnant weight. I felt fat for *me*. Like disproportioned. I realized it was mostly due to the fact that I was carrying more weight than I was used too AND I didn't fit in the clothes I owned well at all. I felt like I was busting out of them and fat looked like it squished and oozed out of them. Dp took me shopping and bought me clothes that fit. I felt much better. More comfortable too. The clothes fit, I wasn't oozing or busting out of them. I looked nice and a bit shapely even. Maybe some new clothes that you don't feel like you're busting out of will help with your body image.

blogging.jpg

#25 of 59 Old 03-08-2010, 11:32 PM

You are not fat at all. In fact, you have a really nice figure. There's nothing wrong with your body -- it's what's in your head that's somewhat off-balance, so I think that's what you need to focus on changing. I'd say the psychiatrist's diagnosis is right on, AND that you should seriously consider some therapy. You CAN feel better about yourself, and you deserve to! Do you get regular exercise? It might benefit you to, since it can do good things for your mood and it would tone you up a little bit, which might make you feel better, too, even though (again) I don't think there's anything at all wrong with your body. I hope you can get some help. (((Hugs)))
#26 of 59 Old 03-09-2010, 12:31 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post
Kailey's Mom you're beautiful! Seriously. And those jeans are all wrong for you!

If I couldn't bear to look in the mirror, I wouldn't own good-looking jeans either. Those jeans are doing you no favors, mama. Wrong cut, wrong size, and I just can't endorse the front patch pockets.

You look terribly sad in those pictures, and you look like a person who is beautiful when she is happy. I am glad you are getting help to feel better.
#27 of 59 Old 03-09-2010, 12:57 AM

I'm sorry I don't have any advice, but I just had to say that you have a beautiful body! You're not overweight in the slightest. However, you do need a pair of jeans that fits you!

lady.gifMama to DS banana.gif(5) and DD broc1.gif(2)

#28 of 59 Old 03-09-2010, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

I'm actually smiling thinking about the pants, hehe. I never thought about it, but after looking at my pics, no..those jeans don't fit right. I never go anywhere to try on clothes, I go to the thrift shop and pick jeans that are size 3 or 5, and wear them I don't have the self esteem to go to an actual store with dressing rooms, since they have big mirrors and I know I'll just get depressed. Add that to my own social issues about stores in general *Aspergers* yeah, I need some help in the clothes department. I have other jeans, but they are all "comfy" meaning low waist, chronic butt crack syndrome. Any suggestions on what kind of jeans would fit better?

#29 of 59 Old 03-09-2010, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post

I can see why your husband thinks your hot.

As for what kind would fit better, I would probably go up a size or two on them. They will come a little higher up. As for trying them on at the store, would it be feasable to face the door in the changing room? I know here most places don't but a mirror right on the back of the door.

ETA: Something other then low cut jeans would be really nice on you too. Maybe with a nice button down blouse that comes just past your hips. The colour choice is good though.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#30 of 59 Old 03-09-2010, 02:06 AM

I think you are a really beautiful person, inside and out. In your pictures you look so sad though. When you go talk to your prescribing doctor this week, emphasize that you need help with this. I really think you do. Also look into books that you could maybe get from the library or see if there is a support group.

You are a strong beautiful woman. Maybe next time your DH compliments you, don't automatically turn him/it down, let just a little in, to see how you feel with it. It takes time to change the "stories we tell ourselves in our automatic self talk", so start small. You are worth doing the work for yourself.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page