Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
panic all done!
#2 of 12 Old 04-08-2010, 07:08 PM

I hear you!!! Loud & clear. This seems to be the theme of my life as well. Short lived moments of luck & happiness in between loooong & frequent bouts of struggle and craziness. Yep.

I try to stay positive & hopeful, but it can be so hard!

Liz om.gif Lovin' DH partners.gif DS (12) coolshine.gif and forever missing DD angel3.gif (12/02/07) ribbonpb.gif
From the withered tree, a flower blooms~ He's here!!! So crazy in love with my  rainbow1284.gif  boy!!! 12/14/11 luxlove.gif fly-by-nursing1.gif

#3 of 12 Old 04-08-2010, 07:54 PM
A&A

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
#4 of 12 Old 04-08-2010, 08:41 PM

I totally understand. I feel like most of my life has been a struggle in one way or another. I thought after all my issues with my parents and my sister, and then having two preemies and being in an abusive relationship for 8 years things finally would start looking up. I am single now and am hoping that things get better for me. I know how hard it is to feel like you keep falling down and have to get back up over and over.

Student/Working Mama notes.gifgeek.gif
to DD 1dust.gif & DD 2energy.gif & engaged to DFpartners.gif

#5 of 12 Old 04-08-2010, 10:57 PM

I feel the exact same way sometimes. So I totally get you!

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#6 of 12 Old 04-09-2010, 05:21 AM

I definitely understand. Wish I could make it all better for you.

Kali (pka Michelle) ~ crunchy wife to Cory (09/06) ~ Mama to H (03/90) & I (06/92)--bothnocirc.gifbf.jpg BF for 35 consecutive months ~ angel1.gif x 4

#7 of 12 Old 04-09-2010, 05:28 AM

I used to feel the same way and then i realised i was making it seem/feel worse by "adding my woes". I forced myself to stop thinking "and then" between my woes and realised that lots of little unconnected unlucky things happen to people all the time. Mine might be a bit extreme but some of the time i was at fault (and thus am in some sort of control over things like that happening again), some of the time i was really unlucky (and thus not to blame and not being personally targeted by the universe), and though i might have gotten more than my share in the first 26 years of my life or so, actually the main difference between me and "lucky" people was the way they viewed their lives.

I have become an insufferable Pollyanna, but i'm much happier and more positive. I hope you feel better soon. x
#8 of 12 Old 04-09-2010, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBecGo View Post
I used to feel the same way and then i realised i was making it seem/feel worse by "adding my woes". I forced myself to stop thinking "and then" between my woes and realised that lots of little unconnected unlucky things happen to people all the time. Mine might be a bit extreme but some of the time i was at fault (and thus am in some sort of control over things like that happening again), some of the time i was really unlucky (and thus not to blame and not being personally targeted by the universe), and though i might have gotten more than my share in the first 26 years of my life or so, actually the main difference between me and "lucky" people was the way they viewed their lives.

I have become an insufferable Pollyanna, but i'm much happier and more positive. I hope you feel better soon. x

Although I completely agree with viewing ones life a certain way and the control we do have over our reactions...I am just venting...

sometimes we can't look at a complete disaster and say, "oh well with all these diseases and wonderufl events but at least it's not raining"! so i'm jsut here to vent not thinking the universe is targeting me.
#9 of 12 Old 04-09-2010, 01:03 PM

Couldn't read and not reply.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#10 of 12 Old 04-09-2010, 09:44 PM

venting is gooood

Charlotte wife to B momma to Q 2/22/09
#11 of 12 Old 04-10-2010, 11:59 AM

Venting IS good!

GoBecGo I really like your strategy too. Gonna remember that, I think that can actually be very useful.
#12 of 12 Old 04-10-2010, 12:09 PM

Been there done that .. have the t-shirt! I totally hear ya.

Momma to DS - 9/3/2002, DS - 9/7/2005, DD - 10/8/2007

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page