Burning Man? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-19-2010, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone going to Burning Man this year?

Me and DH are thinking about honeymooning there; it's right after our handfasting in August. (We're not bringing kids if we go this year; they're too little and we're newbs).

Never been there before, but I have a close friend who is getting married there this year. I REALLLLY want to go. DH is less onboard than I'd like, but I think I can convince him!

Kaiti, in heartbeat.gif with Shane, astrological mama to spitdrink.gif Sophie *12.27.05*, praying.gif Maya *09.25.07*, sleepytime.gif Phoenix *08.23.09* & 3rdtri.gif due *12.04.11*  Having a hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg lotbirth.gif after 3 cesareans!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 06-20-2010, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

No one?

Kaiti, in heartbeat.gif with Shane, astrological mama to spitdrink.gif Sophie *12.27.05*, praying.gif Maya *09.25.07*, sleepytime.gif Phoenix *08.23.09* & 3rdtri.gif due *12.04.11*  Having a hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg lotbirth.gif after 3 cesareans!

#3 of 6 Old 06-21-2010, 11:04 PM

I just saw some pictures on facebook. I've heard about it for years. I would love to go check it out but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to. If I did go it would be alone or with friends, my partner isn't really the burning man type. I used to be, but find myself growing more conservative with age. Could be something I need to remind me of who I really am. Good Luck manifesting your trip, it will be one to remember for sure.
#4 of 6 Old 06-25-2010, 03:15 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I used to go all the time. But since I've had kids, I haven't seen how I could make it work as I don't have anyone who could watch the kids for so long. I've never even spent a night away...well, I have, but the kids have been with dh. Anyway, that's not your point...

There are many different facets to Burning Man. A more "conservative" person could have a great time just looking at the art, meeting people and walking around. You don't have to be a crazy party person to get into it, people of all types go...

It's fun, I think you should go. Why is your dh reluctant? My dh is definitely NOT a "burning man kind of person"--he works a job in which he usually has to wear a suit, he watches lots of televised sports, and has never done a drug in his life, he doesn't do yoga or have an interest in shamanic rituals or even techno music... and we met at burning man!
#5 of 6 Old 06-29-2010, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would LOVE to go. If you go, party it up for me.

: Robyn : Increasingly crunchy Mama to Kya (8) , Makena (7) , and Keegan (4) :
#6 of 6 Old 06-29-2010, 11:19 PM

I don't mean to be snarky...but I'm not seeing the correlation between going in the desert to party and personal growth?

You might get a better response if you post this in the "amongst ourselves" forum...I agree it looks fun (my SIL goes every year, and I think my lil' bro is going this year) - but it's doubtful I'll ever go. I'm not a huge fan of the heat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page