I'm putting this out here to be accountable.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 12-03-2001, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel as if I am on the cusp of a major change/breakthru in my life. I am tired of feeling sad and "victimized" by my life. I have been overeating for years after the boys traumatic pg, and birth. It got worse after adding Abe to our family. I am sick and tired of eating to comfort myself. I've had several "light bulb" moments lately that are helping me to realize that *I* and I alone am in charge of my life and what my future holds.
I am ready to stop blaming others for my unhappiness and take charge of it.

THIS IS SO LIBERATING!!!!!!

I am ready to lose weight and deal with what has happened to me, my family etc. and all the crud that I have allowed to define me for so long.

If I ever want to get to where I am going I have to start walking. So here's my 1st step IN PRINT....

Today I am going to smile and not dwell on yesterday or project tomorrow.

#2 of 10 Old 12-03-2001, 12:19 PM

Good for you TreeLove!!!!

I wish you all the best!

Hugs,
Christina
#3 of 10 Old 12-03-2001, 12:34 PM

good for you !!!!! check in every day if you need- to i ll be looking forward to your posts....when my 4 now grown up kids were little walking was my salvation.id have one in the snugli (do they make those anymore?) and id did have a double stroller for a while but i even would have the older one stand on the back of the stroller... just to get out of the house...we even walked around the mall. i do live in calif. so the weather is never too bad.so i dont know what the weather is like where you are...where are you anyway?what are your childrens ages? ive struggled with depression too and i ve found that the exercise has been the only thing that really helps. you ll probably start feeling better anyways because you are taking charge of your own life.....please keep me and all of us here posted ..much luck to you!!!
#4 of 10 Old 12-03-2001, 01:30 PM

You GO GIRL! You can do it and we are here to support you. Keep up the good smiling and possitive thoughts. Don't get down on yourself for having a bad day, they will arrise, but keep trucking away.

I'm there with you, I'm going to go out and WALK today.
#5 of 10 Old 12-03-2001, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
This is the MOST IMPORTANT step in your process!!!

It's WONDERFUL that you're seeing this new light!

We ALL have pasts. We ALL have had hardships, and we've ALL had them for a REASON! To DEAL with them, to LEARN from them, to GROW from them, and TO MOVE ON!!!

Owning YOUR past is the most important step! And having the confidence that YOU can work through them.

Another important step in this process is TO BE GENTLE WITH YOURSELF!!! Bc you've had these hardships for a reason. They were GIVEN to you. And if, looking back, you feel "bad" about decisions you've made, or the situations themselves, STOP!!! We can not change the past. What you've been through and how you've coped with them were PERFECT FOR YOU at the time you dealt with them.

You're changing, and growing on a deeper/higher level. What was once PERFECT for you isn't anymore. THAT'S OKAY!! That's the process of LIFE!!!

Shannon, we're ALL here for you for encouragement, or to listen to you vent or release!!!

Just STAY CONFIDENT in your abilities. It's a long path to spiritual freedom. FOLLOW IT NO MATTER HOW ROCKY!!!

The person you will Ultimately become will make you happy!! (but you should start with being happy with the person you are, now, too!!!)

Good luck!
Isn't it AWESOME to "wake up", as I call it?? It's refreshing to see things in a way you weren't ready to before...

Ahhhh, life IS grande!!!

Love,
Emily

#6 of 10 Old 12-05-2001, 02:40 AM

That's great and good luck to you. I hope you can find the support that you need. You can do it!
#7 of 10 Old 12-10-2001, 10:31 PM

I wish we could walk together!
#8 of 10 Old 12-11-2001, 01:18 PM

How's it going TreeLove?

My thoughts are with you!!

Love,
Emily

#9 of 10 Old 12-11-2001, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Well....the last few days have been rough-but just w/ over eating, not feeling down or sad, just overwhelemed.

I asked dh for an exercise bike for x-mas, so I'm not gonna really worry about losing weight til after the holidays.

I'm also stepping back from counting on dh to do certain things (since he's so busy right now). Now, I can't be disappointed if he doesn't meet my expectations. That's sounds pthetic, but that's now how I mean it. Again, I'M responsible for MY happiness. It's not fair to others to count on them for things they aren't even aware of. Am I making any sense here?
#10 of 10 Old 12-11-2001, 02:31 PM

TreeLove, do you do daily affirmations?

I found them to REALLY work for me!!

Also, what helps me is to wake up in the morning, (I know this is going to sound corny!) and give myself a BIIIIIIIIIG hug, exclaiming "I LOVE MYSELF!"

It's a great way to start your day. Self love is SO hard to acheive, but if you work on it daily allowing yourself to FEEL loved, you can achieve that love!!!

I have Owen do this everymorning as well... we do it together... Maybe Emmet, Gus and Abe can join in with you?

Be gentle on yourself! Take it one second at a time!!

(If you'd like I can make you some cute little affirmation cards, and mail them along... Just let me know which aspects of yourself you're working on. They're cheap looking, but cute looking, too!! Let me know!!)

Love,
Emily

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page