Really tired a lot and not sure how to bounce back - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-22-2010, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm kind of new here, but I've been reading some of the wonderful threads and thought you would all have good insight. I'm not sure what's going on with me, I am just tired all the time and I've had full checkup and I've tried to take supplements that are supposed to give you energy. I've also tried to get more sleep, but for some reason I just feel run down all the time and none of it has helped. I've considered whether I'm depressed (I definitely have a lot of stress, particularly in the marriage department, but I'm looking forward to a new chapter in my life that starts this fall), but I don't really think that's it. Does anyone have any good tips for energy support, helping wake up in the morning, etc. My constant tiredness does affect how I parent my two wonderful, high-energy girls. I want to be more patient and creative in my responses to them, but I just feel beaten down and often resort to the dreaded, "Because I said so..." when they get argumentative, which is a lot. Ugh.
#2 of 5 Old 06-22-2010, 04:37 PM

Welcome to MDC!

I don't really have any advice for you, but I couldn't read and not post.

Perhaps you should crosspost in health and healing?

Hope you can resolve this quickly!
-Melanie
#3 of 5 Old 06-22-2010, 05:41 PM

Do you eat enough protein? If you always feel tired, no matter how much sleep you are getting, you may need more protein than you are eating.
#4 of 5 Old 06-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Banned

I feel the same way often times. I almost always feel better when I wake up about an hour before my kids and have some me time, involving coffee, prayer, stretching and other exercise. Getting my own self moving, physical and otherwise, helps me be a more creative, gentle and effective parent.
#5 of 5 Old 06-23-2010, 02:02 PM

I am voting for burnout which is somewhere before depression and I think is just being tired from the emotional investment having kids takes on a mommy.

I found for me, it was regularly scheduled time to do creative, rewarding, play type activities every day. Something just for you that you love to do. For me it is my writing now which has parlayed into a career but it could be something entirely different for you.

Allgirls

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page