Just venting - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-10-2010, 04:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Going on 3 hours doing nothing on the computer... Searching for 3 months (really) for a new place to call home, DH on a mid life crisis and is not sure he wants to be married or a parent; although he thinks he is a good dad when he comes home on days off but doesnt want to make the smallest of connections with DD like teeth brushing-by the way- no phone calls to DD during DH working week. feeling bad, tired all the time, mad, angry, iritated. Hating myself for not being able to be the strong woman I know I am. Blah. .
#2 of 5 Old 07-10-2010, 07:11 AM

Join us in a similar thread in parents as partners--there are a handful of us going through the exact same thing. Hang in there--you are NOT alone.
#3 of 5 Old 07-10-2010, 01:18 PM

I had this happen a few times. Instead of sitting around stewing and waiting for things to explode, I simply and calmly told DH "I'm going to my parents for the night", and left. One overnight won't get the point across? Okay I'll be gone for the weekend. Or the week, or month or however long it takes for y'all to get your heads on straight again.

Due to increases in operating costs, decreases in revenue and market instability, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience.
#4 of 5 Old 07-10-2010, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My husband is doing exactly the same thing to me, only I've told him to get out and he is welcome to a divorce! I'll be looking for the thread mentioned. Hang in there. You are not alone!
#5 of 5 Old 07-11-2010, 02:23 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you- I guess I honestly felt alone in what is going on in my life now. I wish none of this on anyone else but its good to know that others are facing similar problems and have good advice to offer. I sincerly appriciate it. Thank you for responding. I was in a dark place. Really, your positive energy gives me strength. I love that Mothering.Community is a strong place for anyone.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page