law of attraction - kicks increased when you start getting happy? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-22-2010, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

has anyone else had the experience that a rapid and noticeable uptick in negative events happens after you are making a concerted effort to be happy? does it eventually stop/slow way down/get easier to handle?

#2 of 5 Old 11-25-2010, 11:00 AM

When you first start working with the law of attraction - or any of the universal laws - you will notice an uptick.  I think it's easier to see the negatives over the positives. 

But don't worry:  it is a skill that if you work at you will get better at.  Look at the negatives as a learning process.  They will help you more with the positives.  It is a loving and gentle reminder that you have to be extra careful with your energy. 

Also, to be joyful we have to shed so much negative that may be hiding.  To shed means to feel the pain again.  But to be joyful is to see the negative as healing rather than as, well, a negative.  Experience the negative and breathe into it.  Do not fear or control it or try to wish it away.  Own up to it and embrace it.  Then feel the positive fill the void that the negative left. 

Working with "words become things" is what is screwing me up right now.  Warning:  horrible story ahead.  I had a loud chicken.  I wished she would shut up and said it often.  She was involved in a horrible chicken accident that killed her.  Her neck was crushed.  I KNOW without a doubt that my words became and I lost a good chicken because of it.  After mourning I saw that I needed a lot more practice and I had to be a lot more careful with my words.

Co-creator, Joyful Wife, and Grateful Mama to angel3.gifenergy.gifand sleepytime.gif
#3 of 5 Old 11-26-2010, 07:00 PM

wow, I've always heard that words have the power to both heal and to destroy. Your story is really profound, I think we all need to be conscious of how we speak with our words. I do believe that energy is important, but I don't know that I buy into the whole law of attraction theory completely.

"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh
#4 of 5 Old 12-04-2010, 07:35 PM

words are REALLY powerful. 

I also just had a friend tell me that Universe doesn't hear negatives.

like, "I don't want to be single forever." the universe doesn't hear the 'don't'.

I thought that was interesting to think about when getting really clear with setting intentions.

#5 of 5 Old 12-04-2010, 08:06 PM

Sounds like the Universe is really a 2-year old. 

Smart ass remark aside lol.gif I actually had a conversation with my SIL about this subject about a week ago. We moved into a house that is ruled by the number 7. She was telling us that the 7 year/number can be tricky place to live as you really need to watch what you think and say. 

Interesting stuff, numerology. 

waiting on the power of the three wolf moon. 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page