Dealing with anger and frustration...help please. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-04-2010, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm finding that when I'm a little frustrated with one thing it starts me on a path to getting frustrated with other things and then I start thinking about everything that's made me angry that week.

Like just now,I had to come and edit this post b/c something is messed up with this new forum setting and it doesn't allow me to finish my post sometimes if I need to delete a word that I wrote before....super frustrating if I'm all ready upset.

Tonight things were fine,then my neighbors music is to loud. I'm used to it and nothing will ever be done about it. I was ignoring it then I had to change my sons diaper. That got me frustrated b/c it wasn't going well... he was moving a bit and fussing and the damn Snappi didn't do what I wanted it to. (I'm new to CD's and just learning)

He was a bit fussy after and I had to put aside what I was wanting and needing to do so I can comfort him and get him to sleep. I normally don't mind and he's always number 1 of course but I was just frustrated with him. Then as I was nursing and cuddling him I was thinking of an issue that I was angry about from the other day that I need to do something about.

I need to find a way to keep the issues separate I think. That way if I'm angry about an issue that I'm dealing with from a few days ago it doesn't have me thinking about it while I'm also frustrated with something now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 12-22-2010, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm not really sure what you're asking, specifically, but I would suggest trying to exercise* when your baby sleeps and also to find some form of outlet (reading, writing, art, cooking, etc.) to help you relax.  smile.gif 

*I tried the 30 Day Shred (Jillian Michaels), which is a $10 DVD that you can do at home.  It's quick and effective.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page