Dear DHs mother, - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 01-06-2011, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Please don't come into the basement and start screaming "KNOCK KNOCK!!!!! KNOCK KNOCK!!!!" repeatedly at the top of your lungs at 7am when you know we're all sleeping.  And then don't proceed to knock (bang with your fist) on the door.  You've already announced your presence and frightened my sleeping children enough.

:[Erghh!!!!

Backstory: DD had playgroup today.  We were supposed to walk, and I was supposed to walk with my nephew as well.  It was around 20 degrees this morning and I'd normally be perfectly fine with taking the kids out.... but my DD1 still has a really bad cough and she was up all night (more than usual, lol, ALL night).  The cold air seems to irritate her cough more and she was very tired so I figured I'd keep her home.  I called my MIL and her mother (who cares for nephew), left messages, and sent backup text messages to be sure, to let them know that we wouldn't be going but that I'd be more than happy to put my nephew's car seat in the car if they wanted to take him.  Supposedly no one got my messages.  Ok, might have happened.  But still!  WHYYY! Now my kids are cranky as ever and I.Cannot.Wait.For.Naptime!!!  When MIL came banging and screaming, she had my nephew with her all bundled up to go out.  The playgroup doesn't even start until 10am and is a 10 minute walk away.  MIL knows this.  It was 7am. 

Sidenote:Dear immune system, can we please open up a can of you-know-what on this flu?  Please?  I need to continue my job search in person.  I need to get out of here.  Muchas gracias.

Sincerely,

tired, fed up, sick ME.

rainbow1284.gif Mama to DD1 (6) DD2 (4) and DD3 (1)
#2 of 12 Old 01-07-2011, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

:hugs!

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#3 of 12 Old 01-07-2011, 10:26 AM

That sounds like  crap morning. I hope you guys can get out soon!

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#4 of 12 Old 01-08-2011, 09:37 AM

Your MIL sucks.

I'm looking forward to the day you guys move out.  Good luck.

#5 of 12 Old 01-08-2011, 10:45 AM

Hope you and the kiddos feel better. MIL is starting to sound insane.

#6 of 12 Old 01-08-2011, 11:23 AM

Hope you will move soon. It is tough living in someone elses home.No matter what it is their home,and they can find a way to justify what they say/do.And ofcourse if you complain they always say,"Well no one told you that you had to live here in MY house."

#7 of 12 Old 01-08-2011, 12:09 PM

((hug))

soo frustrating, I hope you guys can move soon.

#8 of 12 Old 01-12-2011, 11:37 AM

Guh. 

Mama to ds : Ocean born 10/06. Lifetime JW. :
#9 of 12 Old 01-13-2011, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Note to self: disconnect yourself from MIL.  Unplug.  Reboot.  She's overly dramatic.

Little vent. 

Today was playgroup, snow was on the ground so the stroller wouldn't work so MIL offered to drive us there. MIL had a dance workout something like that class at 10:00am.  The playgroup also starts at 10:00am but I wasn't opposed to being early.  The night before she told me we'd need to be out the door at 9:15.  At 8:00am I called MIL and woke her up.  At 8:45 I get upstairs with my kids and wake MIL up again.  MIL decides to shower.  MIL then proceeds to complain about how she'll be SOO late (it was already 9:30).  I insist on walking.  She says no, it will be okay, she doesn't want her grandbabies out in the cold, etc etc etc.  I believe her.  We get to the car around 9:45. It was supposed to be MIL driving, myself, and my two kids plus my nephew.  We agreed on this the night before.  Come to find out she arranged for GMIL to come along!  MIL played the "I didn't know" card.  The three rear facing car seats were installed in the middle row of the Explorer.  MIL driver, GMIL passenger.  I had to jump into the 3rd row.  No biggie, whatever.  Until MIL calls her cousin who is scheduled to go to the gym with her and says "COME OVER NOW WE NEED TO GO".  Cousin lives around the corner.  She gets there in 5 minutes, and her jaw hit the floor when MIL told her she'd need to jump through the hatch to the 3rd row as well.  This person is 200lbs and about 5'1, so not the most athletic or flexible person in the world.  MIL had some nerve.  MIL knew it would be difficult for her to hop into the 3rd row from the hatch (it was hard for me!!).  MIL wanted to cause a scene and make me look bad (because I of course made her late.  eyeroll).  MIL continued making a scene the entire way to the park and refused to let me put the kids boots on and LEFT US THERE in the middle of the street after she drove away, attempting to put boots on two kids.  GMIL said some not so nice things about MIL.  It was absurd.

I need to stop tossing out itty bitty bundles of trust regarding MIL.  Really.  C'mon.  I feel like an idiot.  Why do I keep allowing myself to fall into these situations?  Sheesh.  Someone throw a rock at me, please.

rainbow1284.gif Mama to DD1 (6) DD2 (4) and DD3 (1)
#10 of 12 Old 01-13-2011, 10:14 PM

just decide that you will take care of yourself. personally i can't imagine all the trouble of putting in a carseat and loading three little ones to go the distance of a 10 minute walk. so not worth it. especially when it comes with such toxic drama.

A_Random_Phrase likes this.

#11 of 12 Old 01-16-2011, 03:20 AM

You're not an idiot. A lot of us have been there done that. MIL has shown you who she is and what she's about. Believe her. When you do it's going to make life a little bit easier until you're able to move out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityMom View Post

Note to self: disconnect yourself from MIL.  Unplug.  Reboot.  She's overly dramatic.

Little vent. 

Today was playgroup, snow was on the ground so the stroller wouldn't work so MIL offered to drive us there. MIL had a dance workout something like that class at 10:00am.  The playgroup also starts at 10:00am but I wasn't opposed to being early.  The night before she told me we'd need to be out the door at 9:15.  At 8:00am I called MIL and woke her up.  At 8:45 I get upstairs with my kids and wake MIL up again.  MIL decides to shower.  MIL then proceeds to complain about how she'll be SOO late (it was already 9:30).  I insist on walking.  She says no, it will be okay, she doesn't want her grandbabies out in the cold, etc etc etc.  I believe her.  We get to the car around 9:45. It was supposed to be MIL driving, myself, and my two kids plus my nephew.  We agreed on this the night before.  Come to find out she arranged for GMIL to come along!  MIL played the "I didn't know" card.  The three rear facing car seats were installed in the middle row of the Explorer.  MIL driver, GMIL passenger.  I had to jump into the 3rd row.  No biggie, whatever.  Until MIL calls her cousin who is scheduled to go to the gym with her and says "COME OVER NOW WE NEED TO GO".  Cousin lives around the corner.  She gets there in 5 minutes, and her jaw hit the floor when MIL told her she'd need to jump through the hatch to the 3rd row as well.  This person is 200lbs and about 5'1, so not the most athletic or flexible person in the world.  MIL had some nerve.  MIL knew it would be difficult for her to hop into the 3rd row from the hatch (it was hard for me!!).  MIL wanted to cause a scene and make me look bad (because I of course made her late.  eyeroll).  MIL continued making a scene the entire way to the park and refused to let me put the kids boots on and LEFT US THERE in the middle of the street after she drove away, attempting to put boots on two kids.  GMIL said some not so nice things about MIL.  It was absurd.

I need to stop tossing out itty bitty bundles of trust regarding MIL.  Really.  C'mon.  I feel like an idiot.  Why do I keep allowing myself to fall into these situations?  Sheesh.  Someone throw a rock at me, please.

#12 of 12 Old 01-16-2011, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

It's really really difficult to change this kind of dynamic -- I have this problem with my family all the time (in little ways). I find myself in the same situation over and over even though I try not to be. Don't be too hard on yourself-- it just takes practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityMom View Post

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page