A letter to my neighbors - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-11-2011, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

mama it sounds like they want their apt to be quiet like a house. 

it seems instead of kids if you had cats that ran they would complain.

i am so sorry they are adding soooo much to your already full plate. makes me wish i was close to you to just come over for moral support or have you over to my place. 

please dont be so freaked out. they are NOT normal neighbors. living in apts, one had to deal with a normal amount of noise. you cant expect silence.

they are leaving. just hang in there. if it makes you feel better go talk to your management and find out what they feel. 

but no you dont need to live like you have. that is ridiculous. your baby crying silently has made me cry here. it tears my heart out that even she understands. that is no way to live mama. 

please, please, please dont overdo it. just do the normal amount. it seems to me you have the house to apt fear. you need to let it go. these guys are not normal. you have a chance of your family being together. try to enjoy it mama. it is so rare and precious in this day and age. there is absolutely NO reason to live like the way you have been living. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2011, 09:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I actually had the same issue when I lived in an apartment. I immediately reported it to the management. They would bang on the ceiling when someone would walk across the floor. After a week of that, I purposely made noise. I decided to not make everything super quiet all the time and just be normal. That's the price for living in an apartment. It's not always going to be quiet. If they wanted quiet, they should move to a house. The one time the neighbor came upstairs and tried to break down my door while yelling profanities at me...was the last straw. I called the police and made a report. They moved out a week later.

You need to report them to management. they have no right to abuse your family like that. You also need to make a police report about them harassing you. Hopefully, that will get them to stop.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" --Leonardo Da Vinci
 blogging.jpg  780/2014 decluttered

Old 04-14-2011, 05:43 AM

Hi Mamma, it's been a few days since you last posted. How are things? Any better? Thinking about you, hoping all is well and the crazy people are being......less crazy.

Gwen , partner to D ; Mamma to T (6) , J (4) , and baby P
Old 04-14-2011, 09:35 AM

Thankfully they are moving out! I agree with everyone else that you have absolutely bent over backwards for these people, and for what? They will not be happy no matter what you do. I had a neighbour like yours for a while. She would get angry about us flushing the toilet. Yup. Not to mention walking on the floor. She decided the best course of action would be to out-noise me, like your neighbours did. At that point, I'm not proud to say, it was no holds barred. She thought I was noisy before? Like you, I was being considerate. All housework was done to LOUD housework music, the toddler was allowed to run where and as she liked, and if the toilet needed flushing, it got flushed!

There are people in this world who are just miserable cusses. I think they like it that way. Live your life with no thought to them. They will be gone soon, yay! 

Old 04-14-2011, 01:47 PM

OP,

Screw the neighbors. You and your family have the right to LIVE in your own house. Kids run. People wear shoes. Babies cry. People like music and tv. The floor is dirty and needs to be vaccumed. I like to hang pictures all.day.long. sometimes :) and if thats what I want to do with my day, thats my business. Geeze. You are way too nice. These people are belittling you and treating you like you dont deserve a place to exist in this world. What if your ultimate hobby was step dancing or if you needed to workout in your apartment by running in place? Seriously, the neighbors cant dictate what you do all day long. There HAS to be a time where your kids can just be kids, in there own house.

If they need to sleep during the day, I suggest they not rent an apartment where someone is above them. They need a freakin patio home with all the retired folks.

Ugh. Sorry for my rant, I rented for years and was always super respectful until someone started complaining about NORMAL noises (like vaccuming at 2pm). After that, I just told them things like:

Oh, I was a photographer and I loved to change my frames around all the time

Sorry, I get really depressed if I dont rearrange my furniture at least once a week

Oh, I have a coffee party with all my friends and their kids every Monday.

Yeah, Im taking clogging lessons. Dont worry, its just a 6 month course :)

Oh, if you think this is noisy, you should have lived here when I was playing trumpet.

Life is noisy. They need to get over it or move to a "no kids" community where everyone is silent.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

User Tag List