I feel like a grown up today :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-21-2011, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

For real...I have been working really hard on just getting along with MIL since we live with her and all. It is going really well! Yeah she still annoys the bleep out of me...She is crazy and does really stupid/bizarre things 24/7...BUT...they aren't making me angry.

I figured out the secret, be nice to her, she's nice to us. The nicer we are, the nicer she is. We chat and have casual conversations etc. It works, we are all getting along famously...I feel really good about it because as much as I hate to admit it her house is the ideal place for us for a while. We are killing our debt, we have a great home with a great yard in a great quiet neighborhood (end of cul de sac) we have our chickens (my new project) and I couldn't have any of this without being here...This is where we are supposed to be for now...

This is more mature of me than any nice mama on the internet could imagine but me getting along with my MIL is big for me. I'm happy about it, DH is less stressed about it and things are just good! YAY!

I'm sure it will all change in a day or two when she does something that makes me blow my lid.... But today is good and I am feeling very zen about this particular area of my life om.gif

now I have to go return my mother's phone calls that I have been ignoring for a week...Ugh

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 04-21-2011, 04:57 PM

Wonderful!  Peace at home is a good thing :)

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#3 of 4 Old 05-07-2011, 10:07 AM

When things get annoying go outside and relax with some chicken watching therapy! It IS so nice when there is no negative moods floating in the home.

#4 of 4 Old 05-09-2011, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattemma04 View Post

When things get annoying go outside and relax with some chicken watching therapy! It IS so nice when there is no negative moods floating in the home.

they are amazing therapy those birds!!

everything is still good. living with a true hoarder can be hard...trying to clean out the basement turned into a game of why she needs to keep every scrap of junk..but especially with the nice weather I just go outside with DD to soak up some vitamin D...also MIL is gone all day in the summer almost every day!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page