The Avatar Course - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-22-2011, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone taken any part of this?

www.avatarepc.com

I went to a discussion about it tonight & it seems interesting. It is costly if you take all of the different levels, but the first course is reasonable. I was also told that there is a lot of free material on the site, like mini courses & pod casts. You can also buy the book used in the first course without actually signing up. The other thing I thought was interesting was the person who held the discission group does not teach the classes. Going there tonight I thought she was going to try to get us to sign up so she could make some money. Not the case. Hmmm...

I would love to hear any thoughts/info you have...

Thanks!!

(Mods, if this is in the wrong place please move)

Wife of 10 yrs to Oaties, Mama to Bubs 08/06/08, Rizie 04/19/10 & MRae 02/02/13 & to dog2.gif

#2 of 7 Old 04-23-2011, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olien View Post

Has anyone taken any part of this?

www.avatarepc.com

I went to a discussion about it tonight & it seems interesting. It is costly if you take all of the different levels, but the first course is reasonable.

I'm not familier with this particular course, but based on what you are saying, I'd bet that the first course has some real content, but is a great deal of up-sell for the other courses. It will give you just enough to convince you that you really *need* to do the more expensive courses to benefit.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#3 of 7 Old 04-23-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post

I'm not familier with this particular course, but based on what you are saying, I'd bet that the first course has some real content, but is a great deal of up-sell for the other courses. It will give you just enough to convince you that you really *need* to do the more expensive courses to benefit.

I agree that it kind of sounds like a scam and/or cultish.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#4 of 7 Old 04-26-2011, 12:00 PM

I have a friend who did it.  It is just like a pyramid scam. 

#5 of 7 Old 04-27-2011, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I did it! I really liked it more than I thought I would. I am not new agey at all- and it is definately new agey. and I don't totally agree with the way of thinking- but the course itself was very helpful for my life. I have a close friend who actually teaches it and she was trying to get me to go for yrs! I finally went, and it was fun! Expensive, yes. But it is like a spa for the mnd. It helps you to get all the belifs that you walk around with out there on the table, and to look at them from different perspectives, which is super helpful.  It helps you to re direct your attention to thinking about what you want out of life and ofcusing on the good.  It is similar to the louise hay, wayne dyer type of law of attraction things. the part of it that doesn;t work for me is that there is a lot of emphasis on creating your own reality by your thoughts.  I agree with this on some level but I also find it an exhausting way to live daily- I prefer to surrender sometimes to a force greater than myself and let life flow more.  Not that I am great at that either, ha ah. I found that after avatar I felt clearer and happier for a good while. I was able to attract some good things in my life and it absolutely changed me at the time. now, six years later, I don't use or practice any of it. My good  friend, as I said, is a teacher of it and she talks about it a lot. but she has always been into those types of things- It really isn't a cult- they don't force any beliefs on you. they just help you to figure out your own muddled mind in a way that really works. If you can afford it and have interest I would recommend it.

#6 of 7 Old 04-27-2011, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Ah, thanks. I was hoping to hear from someone who actually did at least part of the course. If you just google it the word cult is all over the place. The person who is trying to get me to take it is one of the most peaceful/at ease people I know. She credits it to Avatar. This is what makes me keep thinking about just going for the first part. It is $300 & 2 days. Which is about what I would expect to pay for something like this. Its the higher levels that are really expensive.

I think I will check out the web site a little more & maybe buy the book before I commit to anything.

Wife of 10 yrs to Oaties, Mama to Bubs 08/06/08, Rizie 04/19/10 & MRae 02/02/13 & to dog2.gif

#7 of 7 Old 04-28-2011, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

after thinking about it I realize that I do use some of it still, on subtle levels.  If you have a chance to do the two day intro I would say go for it! I would be curious to hear your report back if you feel like sharing your experience of it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page