would you push it? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-14-2011, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

i really feel lost and would appreciate some opinions please! i have finished 7 years of music school when I was 14 in moscow, then we moved to Lebanon and I stopped piano all together. Until last year (almost 20 years later) dh encouraged me to enroll in national conservatoire here and continue. I was accepted (after much much practice) as 7th year student there. So I still have 7th and 8th and a year where I should prepare major concert to graduate. I have been studying all this year, along with the courses and now my exams are on 6 and 7th of July. In the middle of the year I had to fly to Japan to defend my phD in neuroscience and also am pregnant and my duedate is near the exams date somewhere eyesroll.gif. All this and plus two homeschooling kids contributed to less time left for the piano practice. So my question is should I really stress myself now and try to finish the program (which is huge) in three weeks, or I better take it easy and forget it until the next year? what would you do? thankx a lot!  

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-14-2011, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)

it's just 3 weeks? Try to finish.

Can someone else watch your kids for most of that 3 weeks? Hire a sitter, beg favors from friends? Put your DH in charge of all cooking, cleaning, laundry?

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#3 of 4 Old 06-14-2011, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

it's so close!  i like the advice to take any help you can find, and just try to finish.  have you talked with the instructors about what happens if your baby comes before the exams?

#4 of 4 Old 06-14-2011, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

ladies thank you for the advice! i will try to practice some now as the kids are asleep.....dh's aunt is coming in a couple of days and she can take care of the kids.....it's not only the lack of time you know? it's just becoming so stressful for me the whole idea that i won't finish by time....hide.gif....and sometimes this stress goes into my family....impatience with the kids etc....disappointed.gif

Katie, farmer's wife belly.gifmom to ds (9y) modifiedartist.gifand dd (6y)dust.gif and ds (3y) jog.gif   we goorganic.jpg    saynovax.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page