How to react?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-09-2011, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello,

I don't really now where to start... I have a friend who has made some rather harsh comments about my son. I thought I could trust her as she can me with her kids but I'm not so shore now!

He's 5 and she lost her temper with me about him. He said he had wet himself ( while she was minding him and I was helping her round her house..) but he had not, he ran to me in tears telling me this. He was not well at the time and it is very much my fault for going there in the first place. I was able too earn I little extra as things are tight and I thought it would be o.k!

She was so angry because he laid!!! And that it made her look bad and that he would walk all over me in the future etc,etc,etc..

He's a good boy. And it really hurts.

Many people think it's a bad idea that he's a single child. We moved a couple of years ago and it's been hard finding people we can trust. What hurts the most is that I feel I have failed him somehow... He doesn't have many friends because he's not in school jet and the move did not help.

He's a happy boy. We have a lovely time.

She has kids herself.

I'm feeling lonely and sad. When we're at her place she's different to him, cooler.

I don't what him to feel this energy. When I was little a felt every tiny thing....

To me, she is trying to act normal and as though it never happened. He likes to go there ( never alone!) but I can't help but feel that he's putting up with alot of misplaced negativity.

I don't really know what to do?

ThanksX

#2 of 3 Old 07-10-2011, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsbeth View Post

Hello,

I don't really now where to start... I have a friend who has made some rather harsh comments about my son. I thought I could trust her as she can me with her kids but I'm not so shore now!

He's 5 and she lost her temper with me about him. He said he had wet himself ( while she was minding him and I was helping her round her house..) but he had not, he ran to me in tears telling me this. He was not well at the time and it is very much my fault for going there in the first place. I was able too earn I little extra as things are tight and I thought it would be o.k!

She was so angry because he laid!!! And that it made her look bad and that he would walk all over me in the future etc,etc,etc..

He's a good boy. And it really hurts.

Many people think it's a bad idea that he's a single child. We moved a couple of years ago and it's been hard finding people we can trust. What hurts the most is that I feel I have failed him somehow... He doesn't have many friends because he's not in school jet and the move did not help.

He's a happy boy. We have a lovely time.

She has kids herself.

I'm feeling lonely and sad. When we're at her place she's different to him, cooler.

I don't what him to feel this energy. When I was little a felt every tiny thing....

To me, she is trying to act normal and as though it never happened. He likes to go there ( never alone!) but I can't help but feel that he's putting up with alot of misplaced negativity.

I don't really know what to do?

ThanksX

From what I'm gathering, she got upset that he lied about wetting himself?  And, it sounds like she just told you how she felt about it?  If he likes going there, I can't imagine her "misplaced negativity" is bothering him, though I'm not sure there is enough information here to say that conclusively.

Do you deal with confrontation better face-to-face, writing a letter, over the phone, or...?  Choose whichever method is best for you and talk to her about the situation.  If you're interested in continuing the friendship, let her know what bothers you and see if you can come to an understanding between the two of you. 

Good luck.

#3 of 3 Old 07-14-2011, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I agree with PP who said that you should talk to her. You mentioned twice that you feel like things are your fault. Do you place alot of blame on yourself for things? I'm sure you are doing the best you can for your son.

Do you have any other friends in the area? 

familybed2.gif Wife to dh_malesling.GIF -  Mama to kid.gif DS 6/08 and DS babyboy.gif 9/11  homebirth.jpg

A tad socially awkward redface.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page