Dream Interpretation Help - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-14-2012, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope this is the correct place to post this...

I had a dream last night that I knew I was going to die, and had time to prepare. I was most uppset about my kids not remembering me. I remember wanting to leave each of them a birthday card for years to come.

In the same sleep cycle, not really related to the same dream, I saw my uncle, who died a few years ago, just caught a glimpse of him. He was happy, smiling. I was happy to see him, although the was no contact. This is the first time Ive seen him, usually after someone I know dies, I get a cameo appearanve like this one.

I know dreaming of dying usually means transformation, old ways dying, rebirth, etc but I could really use some encouragement with specific meaning possibilities bc I am feeling very anxious lately. And the last time I had this same heightened anxiety and sensed dead loved ones around me, I DID almost die in a very serious car accident that will affect me physically every day for the rest of my life so that makes me nervous...

ANY insight would be much appreciated! Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2012, 06:28 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

You know I do not have that gift.  But I can related to the death dreams.  I had dreams about two girls close to me dying.  A month later two of my cousins both 2 and both on different sides of the family died days apart ( both coke babies).  After that anytime I had a dream like that I would really worry.  I've had two more, one before my great grandmother died and of course the person in my dream was not my grandmother but an elderly neighbor of the same gender.  And again when my uncle died.  Same thing, not the same person but someone similar.  And my dreams came anywhere from a week to a month before the actual deaths.

When it comes to things like that I do not play lightly with them.  You just never know. 

Old 01-15-2012, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Make a will, designate a health care power of attorney and guardian for your children. Check your life insurance and other coverage. Put the positive energy into the "getting the ducks in a row" stuff. notes2.gif

Don't be doom and gloom... just use the dream as a "reminder" to get these things looked after now that you are the grown up.

FWIW, Lincoln and Twain predicted their own deaths. Lincoln specifically talked about a prophetic dream of his death.

In Tarot cards, the hangman means radical change.. not always an actual death.

Hugs, dear.. I'm sure it was unsettling. And remember, sometimes a dream is just a dream... like the ones I have about Nathan Fillion .winky.gif
Old 01-20-2012, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

this is crazy. I've never predicted anyone's death, but I did have dream a week after my grandmother died where she came to me and comforted me.  She didn't say anything, but she gave off "you'll be okay" vibes.  In my dream she looked like every way she's ever looked to me.  I can't explain it, except to say she looked young and old and everything in between all at once. 

ETA: not 'crazy' like, 'you're nuts', crazy like, bizarre and interesting.

knit.gifmama to  thumbsuck.gif (09/11)

Tags
Personal Growth
User Tag List