I'm back_Labbemama_ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-05-2012, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's been so long since I posted.  I was posting in the surviving abuse forum. But it's been so long that I forgot my username info.  SOme of you who've been here like two years might remember me. 

Well it appears I have a lot of work to do on myself. 

My life has been one bumpy ride.  But I'm trying to get back to being me again. 

I have survived husband number 1 and husband number 2. 

Tomorrow I'm going back to work for the first time after my husband's suicide.  It's been about six weeks.  I'm still pretty raw.  I miss him terribly. 

I don't think I'm ready to go back but I've taken about as much time as I can, gotta start somewhere right.  I hope that one day I'll feel like I'm enjoying my life again and living up to my potential.  Right now I feel in ANGUISH.  I finally thought of the word for it last night. 

Everyone keeps telling me it'll get better, and I know from previous losses that it will but it takes a LOOONG time, much more than I feel I have the patience for. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-07-2012, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

I understand that people probably don't know what to say to that. 

Does anybody remember me? 

I have some good news today. My oldest child is coming back home.  Not under good circumstances...issues with her dad my ex, but I'm cheered by the thought of having her at home for a bit. 

#3 of 4 Old 03-08-2012, 09:25 AM

I remember the name and looked up your story. Sorry -- I am bad about putting the two together!

Welcome back! And I am so sorry that you are grieving grouphug.gif

#4 of 4 Old 03-14-2012, 07:31 PM

I remember you very well, and I'm so sorry you're going through so much pain right now. Most of the surviving abuse forum has shifted over to the single parents private lounge (there's a lot of overlap, as you might imagine.) Come on over for some support. I'll be thinking of you.

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.

Tags
Personal Growth

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page