2013 New Year's Resolution thread - keeping each other on track! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 07-10-2013, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Well, I haven't updated for a good few weeks. (I edit my original post to keep tally rather than making new ones). I've been a bit depressed and couldn't be bothered with the record-keeping. I do mean to get back into it...

I'm not doing *too* badly. Sort of. The 'buy one Christmas present a month' thing has been my most successful thus far - I've bought at least one a month, sometimes more. It's nice to feel that Christmas shopping won't be as frantic this year, especially given how busy I'll be this December.

Doing one nice thing every month for the house and garden is kind of a bust. We really suck at that kind of thing. It annoys me, because I hate living with half-painted walls and a scruffy garden, but I've lost the oomph to do much about it. We did get a good compost system recently, though, and some new chickens.

I'm sewing articles 3 and 4 of the six garments I wanted to sew myself this year. Unfortunately neither is going terribly well. :p Sewing kids' clothes is SO much more fun and less stressful!

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 35 Old 08-27-2013, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

oh là là .... have just read my february post, the dress in question is still un-finished

i have more or less stopped moisturising my heels (now that i don't wear socks)

=> i understand that i should do a winter morning routine and a summer evening routine about heels ....

i AM eating less meat but not consistently ...

am also losing and gaining the same few kilos a few time ....

now, with September around the corner and the start of a new schoo years for the children, i might get into a new groove ...

#33 of 35 Old 08-27-2013, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)

IsaFrench- you can do it.thumbsup.gif

#34 of 35 Old 10-20-2013, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

How's everyone going?

As you can see if you check my OP, a lot of my resolutions have fallen by the wayside. :/ We really, REALLY suck at sticking to a food budget... for instance.

The good news is, I've bought a lot of Christmas presents! The original idea was one a month, and I skipped one or two months, but bought two or more other months to make up for it, which makes me perfectly happy. I bought four this month already! There's no way I could have afforded to buy all this stuff at once come December, and some of it took ages to arrive; plus, this has given me time to search out some really neat gifts for hard-to-buy people. So I'm firmly convinced of the virtue of this resolution! I'll do it again next year. (One slight problem is that I accidentally bought two presents for a few people - my little sister's hard to buy for, but I found her the perfect gift in January... and then a different perfect gift last month. Oops. Think I'll save one of 'em for her birthday in March.)

And I've sewn five and a half of my six garments for me. I wouldn't have, if I didn't have the resolution, so I'm really glad I did! Might make it eight garments next year. :)

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#35 of 35 Old 10-21-2013, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)

Well the year is not finished, but doing well. I'm eating my vegs and had my hair cut for St. Jude. So did pretty well.

Tags
Personal Growth

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page