Update on My marriage - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-06-2013, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband told me this morning that in two months he's moving out.

#2 of 10 Old 03-06-2013, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I never posted on your other thread in the fall, but I remember it.  I followed it.  And I remember that he was emotionally abusive.  Why is he waiting 2 months?  It sounds manipulative.

How are you feeling about this?  Are you okay?

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...
#3 of 10 Old 03-06-2013, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherdeg View Post

I never posted on your other thread in the fall, but I remember it.  I followed it.  And I remember that he was emotionally abusive.  Why is he waiting 2 months?  It sounds manipulative.

How are you feeling about this?  Are you okay?

I'm fine I just wish he would go. I don't have an income myself so figuring out how to support myself and my children is going to be a problem but I'm working on finding resources to help me figure this out. It does sound manipulative and strange. I'm just emotionally done. I can't do it anymore, if he doesn't move out then I'm going to. I can't take the fighting anymore. All he wants to do is fight and scream at me over nothing all the time, it's the same way as it was back in the fall when I posted the other thread but steadily getting worse. I'm not doing it anymore.

#4 of 10 Old 03-06-2013, 07:36 PM

I would start talking to a lawyer now and start getting their advice. You're in the US aren't you? I feel like if you leave the family home with the kids there could be some trouble, might pay to look in to that.

That said, two months is a long time. I'd try and get him out sooner.

One more thing to think of - get all your information and the kids information (birth certs etc) anything that has a lot of sentimental value and move them to a friends house now. Plus get all information about your bank accounts etc and keep that somewhere safe as well.

Because your husband has been abusive in the past I think you need to be aware that this whole thing is probably going to be a shit fight and you need to protect yourself now. 

Also, most in the single parenting forum. You will get lots of help and advice from women who have been through all this.

It's complicated.
#5 of 10 Old 03-07-2013, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learning_Mum View Post

I would start talking to a lawyer now and start getting their advice. You're in the US aren't you? I feel like if you leave the family home with the kids there could be some trouble, might pay to look in to that.

That said, two months is a long time. I'd try and get him out sooner.

One more thing to think of - get all your information and the kids information (birth certs etc) anything that has a lot of sentimental value and move them to a friends house now. Plus get all information about your bank accounts etc and keep that somewhere safe as well.

Because your husband has been abusive in the past I think you need to be aware that this whole thing is probably going to be a shit fight and you need to protect yourself now. 

Also, most in the single parenting forum. You will get lots of help and advice from women who have been through all this.

I know this is all going to be a shit storm and that is what really scares me. I have the birth certificates and things already, I've slowly started to get some other things around too like clothes etc so that I can have them ready to just go out the door with. It's his out bursts that scare me, I don't know if I'm going to be safe after I do this, and at this point, I don't care. I just need out. I just can't take this anymore.

#6 of 10 Old 03-10-2013, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Another day, another threat on my life if I leave. What the hell has my life come to? What the hell was I thinking? How did I let it come to this point? I'm looking for rent assistance programs in PA, and also, places to help me file Custody and Divorce. Fun day researching.

#7 of 10 Old 03-10-2013, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You need to find a shelter to help you and GET OUT. Please!! Threat on your life? Please take him seriously. Leave today!

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#8 of 10 Old 05-07-2013, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

I have another update for everyone. i left I'm out we are getting a divorce and in the middle of a custody battle right now. i no longer live in pennsylvania i have recently moved to new york. life is great
#9 of 10 Old 05-21-2013, 10:33 PM

That is good you were able to leave. How are you feeling? Has he left you alone? Stay strong.

hug2.gif

"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh
#10 of 10 Old 05-23-2013, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

No he's not leaving me alone he keeps harassing me but i just ignore his texts and calls. it feels wonderful to be out and free.I have also met someone who is a wonderful guy and is standing right by my side through it all

Tags
Personal Growth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page