Late Saturn Return, or What? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-06-2013, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello!

I'm just coming out of what feels like I've heard described as Saturn's Return.  But I'm between 33 and 34.  Is that possible?  If not, is there some other sort of "adult puberty" stuff that is explained/predictable through astrology?  It could also be a coincidence, as my youngest (and final) child is nearing age 2, but still breastfeeding.  For the past 2 years, I've been feeling like I'm trapped and repressed and completely out of sorts.  Now that she's older, I realized I can start looking for a part time job to help me feel less isolated in my little family bubble and to let me contribute to our savings.  That was the final realization that just saved me from divorce after a very tumultuous year.

My main concern, moving forward, is how I can be more aware of these adult growth spurts and be prepared for the hard stuff.  I'm glad I have a forgiving and loyal husband, but I don't know how many near-divorce scenarios we can endure.  Since it seems late for the Saturn's Return, what else might it be?  Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.  If it is useful, my DOB is 12-17-1979.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-08-2013, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 203 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)

Yeah, it's kinda late for your Saturn return............I do not have any advice on being aware of adult growth spurts.......They just come and WHAM!!!  Sometimes it feels they come right after each other doesn't it?   How about a good book to be in the moment when it's difficult? I like 'Peace is Everything" It a buddhist book but really encourages me to be present which I hav e a really hard time doing.

BTW, I had a crazy Saturn Return time....that was many years ago I have to say.

Hugs to you mama!!!!

#3 of 6 Old 07-09-2013, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you, Tracy. I will look at that book. I have actually found myself thinking back to Buddhism more and more lately. There's actually a Buddhist center just a few blocks from our house, so I may walk over and see if they do any advising/counseling. I am really unsure how to reconcile the need for non attachment with family life. But mindfulness and learning to reduce suffering always appeals. smile.gif
#4 of 6 Old 07-23-2013, 05:49 PM

Check out the book summoning the fates it's a good read on the different phases.

Looks like your saturn return began and ended in September 2009. I think it's still possible for you to still be feeling the saturn return despite it being over if you have unresolved issues you did't get to work through before you turned 30.

You are every fortunate to have a husband who is very forgiving and loyal. Whatever happened between you two during "adult puberty" episodes can make you stronger, but it can also lay bricks between you as well. However, it sounds like you are aware of how precious your relationship is and are willing to do the work to make sure you don't get to the breaking apart point again. Perhaps maybe your stress comes from guilt regardig the fact that you have not been working and contributing financially, despite a desire to do so. I know for me personally that is what has been a huge issue for me. It's one thing to want to work and another to not have but yet still feeling like you should, because you never know what the future holds. 

Life is just hard sometimes and it's hard to break out of a funk. I fantasize sometimes about leaving like the lady from eat pray love, only she had it so much easier. I know it would hurt my family but sometimes I think it would be nice to get to be selfish for once. If only I had a few months to just escape and figure out crap, i could come back and be a better mom, a better me..

As wonderful as nursing is, I feel it depletes all your energy. I know it has depleted me and I gave my 2 1/2 his last slurps yesterday. Sometimes it's just easier to let him have a boob and be happy and go to bed, but it's always short lived and then they want the boob more and it's just a bad cycle...These last few years have just been increasingly hard on me physically and emotionally with the high needs nurser and 6 year old. 

For what it's worth, I'm going through my saturn return right now. According to this calculator it looks like i've been in mine since February and this hard period will be over in October (5/84). I cant wait! I too feel very isolated and drained and inadequate. I want to work but i dont want  to work but i want to feel like I am living up to my potential.

#5 of 6 Old 07-23-2013, 06:35 PM

Subscribing! This is all very new and interesting to me.
#6 of 6 Old 07-24-2013, 04:42 PM

Not sure from your post exactly how long this period has lasted, but from what I can tell from your chart without have your birth time and place; you may have feeling the strong effects of this years Mercury retrograde. I have strongly aspect ed Mercury in my chart. It was Mercury retrogrades that got me into astrology in the first place, because I would always notice unfortunate things happen to me and the people around me all around the same time, and 9 times out of 10 when I would check to see if Mercury was beginning to go into retrograde and it was. Mercury rules communication, transportation, and technology. It not a good time to start new projects, go on a trip (the plane crash in San Fran and the train crash in Canada all happen during the Mercury retrograde), or buy a new piece of technology. I've also noticed at my school that whenever they do anything with the computer network during Mercury retrograde, there are always serious problems with the change or upgrade (this has happen several times since I started school and they have a bad habit of doing this kind of stuff during Mercury retrograde!) 

I would check out the website astro.com, it's the best online resource for free astrology info. Just make sure you have your birth time and place of birth because the system will need it order to accurately calculate your chart.

Hope this helps a little, I have found since my Saturn return in 2010 that it solidified my birth chart, and astrology is much more meaningful and accurate for me since it happened.

thumb.gif

Tags
Personal Growth

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page