Been rough for a couple days - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-06-2013, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It has been rough a couple days,my husband I kicked out Thursday came clean to cheating on me and it was through our 2 year marriage he did to me.Plus he was very abusive to me and I have PTSD now which is under control with medication.He hit and slapped me including being verbally abusive.I am lucky to have my mother and sister Julia for support including friends now,this has helped a lot.Said I deserved better and don't need him anymore.I have decided to file for divorce and see my lawyer on Monday.I have everything inventoried I own and and prepared.No kids with him and a seperate bank account.I have a couple kids,they are from previous relationships.

#2 of 6 Old 07-06-2013, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good for you! It's wonderful that you got the strength to get out of that situation. Good luck to you!!

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#3 of 6 Old 07-07-2013, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter

I did inventory everything I owned 3 years ago which is on paper.The house is in my name,have the papers for the proof of ownership.I even kept the police reports when the cops came out which he was arrested for Domestic violence which he was convicted of 7 times.

#4 of 6 Old 07-07-2013, 07:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow it sounds like you really know what you are doing. Kudos to you! What a tough situation.

Wife to one amazing husband superhero.gif, SAHM to DS bouncy.gif 10/09, DS babyboy.gif 10/19,  one furbaby dog2.gif, and lots of chicken3.gif!

joy.gif

#5 of 6 Old 07-07-2013, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

I was taught to be prepared and don't throw anything important out.I did the inventory check 3 years ago just in case something like this happens and it was for insurance reasons too.I know how to defend myself very well if he wants to do any harm.My father whom passed away 3 monthes ago taught me how to defend myself with a hand gun 3 years ago If I have to use deadly force and I took a self defense class.

#6 of 6 Old 07-09-2013, 07:01 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)

I'm moving this to Personal Growth where it is better hosted. 

debrag, welcome to Mothering. smile.gif It sounds like you have taken firm steps and control, which is great! Good luck to you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page