Not sure how to get over this... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-30-2013, 02:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Long story short, I haven't spoken to my father in 7 months. The weird thing is, nothing happened between us. He has a girlfriend and they are having some kind of issues, which they are trying to work out, so it started out with me trying to give him some privacy. We were never really too involved in each other's lives, but would talk regularly on the phone and get together for holidays, birthdays, etc.. Now he hasn't attempted contacting me since he responded to an email I sent in January asking what was going on. My son, his only grandchild, had his birthday in April, and he didn't come to the party. My husband's birthday passed last month, and mine just passed last week. Not even a card. He lives within 10 minutes from my house. Over the last few years (even before he met the current girlfriend) he has shown decreasing interest in wanting to see me or my family. I am not trying to solve it at this point, because it is the choice he is making and he's an adult. However, I just don't GET it. I know I'll probably never get it. I guess I'm just looking for support, maybe some book recommendations, something to get past this feeling of being a 34 year old orphan. My mom passed away 11 years ago. I don't understand how someone can just pretend he doesn't have a daughter and a grandson.

Mom to Kevin,bfinfant.gif : born naturally 4-7-10 nocirc.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-30-2013, 01:33 PM
A&A

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Sorry, that sucks.  Both my dh and I feel like "orphans," as well.  You just have to do the best you can with your children, instead.

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."

Tags
Personal Growth

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page