Just another SAHM identity/existential crisis... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-31-2013, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

deleted.

Thanks.

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#2 of 4 Old 08-03-2013, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am posting so I can come back to your thread when I have a little time to give so thoughts, and also in hopes that someone else will come along and have advice.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#3 of 4 Old 08-03-2013, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
This is so painfully familiar. I'll come back to post more.
#4 of 4 Old 08-03-2013, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I thin kthat no matter how much you may think you don't need in real life friends, or how anti social and socially awkward you may be, you really need to find some adults irl to hang out with. humans (and animals) are social creatures. We are not designed to live in isolation.  I think you should try to find some people to hang out with regularly! I think you shouldn't worry about if they are the perfect friends for you or if you have enough in common with them or if they like you enough-- just that they are good nice pleasant people. Even going to a store regularly and talking with the cashier. But more than that- just finding people to talk to most days is so so important.

I think sometimes people who feel socially awkward and isolated feel like they have to go from zero to a hundred and it is too overwhelming. Like, you have no friends now and you are supposed to go out and make a group of likeminded close friends. How would you do that?

I think instead of that goal, just have a goal to try to socialize more days. Pack up your kids in a double stroller ( or a single stroller and a baby wrap!) and go to whatever town you live in. Go to thestore, the café, the library.

Say hi to the moms with kids, they will say hi back. then just keep going out! you don't even have to manage meaningful conversations, just start socializing yourself. It is too lonely to live alone and just work. The joy of life comes from connecting with others,. Also sometimes if I am feeling down I will go out and see people- just in town wherever, and just talk to people and it reminds me of joy.

Not that all people are joy! Far from it! I happen to live in a town (thank goodness after looking around a lot) that has nice people in it. But there are nice people to be found most places.

Just get yourself out of the house more- walk around, see people. Start there. Isolation is no fun. Good luck!!!

Tags
Personal Growth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page