The Relationship with My Sister - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-26-2013, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Help!

Some time ago my sister's husband made sexual advances toward me. It was extremely inappropriate and uncomfortable. It wasn't just verbal he actually tried to get physical and I had to push him away. He has a history of cheating on her. When I told my sister and mom about it, my sister questioned her husband and he denied it. She refuses to believe me. My husband and I have decided not to join family gatherings where my brother-in-law is present. Now I am being made out to be the bad guy who won't attend family functions. My family just acts like it didn't happen and that if it did I should just get over it. I miss my sister and the family gatherings. I just don't what I am suppose to do greensad.gif Suggestions?

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

#2 of 3 Old 08-26-2013, 03:25 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I don't really have any suggestions, just wanted to say sorry you're having to go through this. I'm sure it really sucks!

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
#3 of 3 Old 09-04-2013, 05:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Clearly they are all in denial, but given your brother-in-law's inclination for cheating, I'd say things have a way of working out :)

Tags
Personal Growth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page