How to get over an inappropriate crush? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 12-19-2013, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

OMG. I needed this thread. I feel like I need to reread this over and over again. I have been such an idiot. :(

OP - I am right there with you. My story is a bit different, but emotionally I am in a similar place. I reconnected with a guy I used to know as a teenager. He was very flirty with me way back then, and I was completely enchanted with him. Nothing ever happened though. Well, we both lost our fathers this year and after 30 years of no contact we are back in touch again. He lives far far away and it seemed harmless. We only communicate via text. But I LOVE "talking" with him and get a charge from the innuendo and casual flirting. At first, it supercharged my marriage and distracted me from the loss of my father. But now, 7 months later, we are still texting...sometimes two hours at a time (but really only about once every 10 days or so)...and our last long exchange was way over the line, acknowledging that we are still connected and that we always have been...and he asked me to erase the chat and told me he erases all of our chats. We haven't really texted since then. I am...scared. And thrilled. And freaked out.And feel like we messed up a harmless thing and now the reality is...as fun as it is to think about, we crossed (or maybe I crossed) that line in a big way. So now I feel like I've lost a dear friend and there's nothing I can do about it. I texted him something innocent and he responded, but barely, so I think he's pulling back too, even though he promised me he never would and that nothing would ever harm our friendship. I t went from an innocent childhood crush, to something that is potentially dangerous. So I am losing him all over again, and that is so painful. Don't mean to  highjack, but it so helps to hear all of these responses bcs it's helping me get my head on straight. 

#32 of 33 Old 12-19-2013, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Cristina, best of luck with moving on from that--it sounds really difficult. It honestly sounds like it was never really harmless. If he was a big flirt then, and it sounds like he still is, I don't think you guys were ever destined to be just good friends. It sounds like it would have been problematic in any case. 

#33 of 33 Old 12-29-2013, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Blushing- what became of your crush?

Tags
Personal Growth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page