• 2 Post By pepin
  • 1 Post By Banana731
  • 1 Post By lotus1
  • 1 Post By Spiderpig

#1 of 16 Old 03-26-2014, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Every now and then I wish I could find a friend....a best friend.  One that you could call any time....walk the dog with....go out to dinner with their family and yours....vacation with....etc.  I haven't been blessed in my 42 years to have someone like that, other than my husband.  I know many women that do have close friendships with other women.

Sometimes I wish that there was a friendship website to match people up.  There are dating sites....why not friendship sites?  I know it sounds crazy but I just don't know how I will ever meet someone like this.  I would love to have a best friend.

A&A and Neera like this.
#2 of 16 Old 03-27-2014, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You should start one!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#3 of 16 Old 03-27-2014, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

But first I have to find the right person.  It is like an episode from "How I Met Your Mother."  Apparently it is taking a long time...if it ever happens.  *sigh*  I'm not waiting for anyone to initiate -- it is all about clicking with the right person.

#4 of 16 Old 03-28-2014, 03:39 PM

I meant you should start the website you wished for. It could be huge, like Craigslist. You never know!
swede likes this.

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#5 of 16 Old 03-29-2014, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I agree. I wish I had someone like that in my life too who I could talk to about anything and almost everything. Someone who lived close by though, other wise how would we do the stuff together like going for a walk or if she had the time if she could just accompany me to dd's soccer and stuff like that. I feel lonely and burdened. Dh has all the burden of being the bread winner. I have all the house work on my shoulders. It's not fair to both of us. I think if I had a friend it would take some of our family's burden off. And vice versa, I'd love to be there for her too. I had a v. close friend from the age of 14 to about 21 until I started working. I think once I started working and she was at home we just lost touch and then of course we moved and I've never had a really good friend since.

When the thoughts we think are the same as the words we speak, others will feel our integrity ~ Unknown
#6 of 16 Old 03-29-2014, 02:10 PM

So do I....
#7 of 16 Old 03-29-2014, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I've been struggling with wanting a BFF lately too. The friends I feel closest with live farthest away. I don't live with anyone but my kids either. Lonely.
#8 of 16 Old 04-02-2014, 08:47 PM

Me too! I would love to have a good or best friend nearby. Feel so lonely sometimes. At this point in my life everyone seems busy or far away. Makes me sad!
Neera likes this.
#9 of 16 Old 04-06-2014, 01:23 PM

Start a friendship forum of your own. Being board owner and administrator you would be able to see who is where and if any prospective members are worth contacting, that is, in the future should you be fortunate. As your membership grows, so your forum can grow along with it.

To make your forum grow, add forums that enable your members to actively participate. There is much reward in having a friendship forum because you would be encouraging very shy members to open up, for surely friendship and the genuine chance of meeting up stems from getting to know people first. I would not recommend your joining dating sites because you would not know for certain just who you would end up talking to.

When I am able to private message which should be in a week's time, please feel free to contact me. I can give you details of free forums you could set up, and go from there. It's pleasurable, very rewarding having your own friendship site, and you would certainly not feel as dreadfully isolated and lonely.

kblackstone444 likes this.
#10 of 16 Old 04-10-2014, 08:39 PM
A&A

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

I just read about girlfriendcircles.com and girlfriendsocial.com   

I haven't tried them but I wanted to mention them.

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
#11 of 16 Old 04-11-2014, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Interesting....I will check those out.  Thx.

#12 of 16 Old 05-07-2014, 11:58 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Glad to know that in not the only one with outa BFF. I may check out those sites too smile.gif

luxlove.gif Mommy to my 2 girls 2whistle.gif,joy.gif and 1 little boy thumbsuck.gif.  Wifey to my amazing stillheart.gif husband!  blowkiss.gif Loving my every moment of motherhood! 
#13 of 16 Old 06-15-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2k&k View Post
Glad to know that in not the only one with outa BFF. I may check out those sites too
I second that mommy2k&k. It seems the older I get the harder it is
#14 of 16 Old 06-16-2014, 01:29 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
I have the same problem here. I have a few friends that I guess are close friends but we can't talk about a lot of things since we don't share a lot of the same views with religion, politics and natural family living. Guess that's why I love these boards so much. The one friend I have that share the most interests (organic, politics, open about religion although she has a different one than me, etc.) lives a few states away I wish I had someone closer that I could talk with more and see more often but it hasn't happened yet. I find it harder too though since dh doesn't have good friends either. I'd *love* for us to have a couple for friends that we could get adult time with and do family activities together as a group but finding someone I share interests with that is married to someone dh would get along with is apparently asking too much so it's just me and him. I guess at least we have each other but it makes our adult life boring and restrictive just work and kids, work and kids.
#15 of 16 Old 07-22-2014, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I feel the same way. I don't really have friends. Some online friends count, but it's not quite the same. I also wish there was a matchup website!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#16 of 16 Old 07-24-2014, 08:49 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
It's sad I think so many women feel this way! It is hard to find a true non judgement friend in this world! I have found one who I treasure very much, but since I have moved she is now many many states away, and now I am pregnant as well which I am hoping will not make it harder for us to relate. I don't think it will.. We talk on the phone nearly every day and it hasn't yet, but that is because we have so many other things in common to chat about. When I do want to chat about baby things, I can tell she is unable to relate so she doesn't respond much and we change the subject quickly. It's sad to me that I am so happy to have just ONE person to talk to who won't judge me though. Why don't women have stronger connections and communities? It is frustrating, especially as someone about to be a new mom.. It seems unnatural that there aren't large communities of women to come forth and welcome you into motherhood heh...

I am grateful to have found mothering.com, but I do wish for someone I could hang out with in person..

I will say that JB is my very best friend, so that also keeps me from REALLY trying to reach out, since no one ever compares to how well we get along. But I do think it's be healthy for me to have a girl friend around haha.. Especially someone else who is a mother, so our kids could play...

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...

Tags
Personal Growth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page