Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Personal Growth (http://www.mothering.com/forum/12-personal-growth/)
-   -   Stuck in life (http://www.mothering.com/forum/12-personal-growth/1432154-stuck-life.html)

Surfacing 07-13-2014 07:53 AM

Stuck in life

nevermind

Catholic Mama 07-15-2014 11:05 AM

Are you okay?

KatelynRose 07-17-2014 11:36 AM

@Surfacing - I saw your post before, from back in May. I hope you are doing alright. Has the situation with your husband and his friend/friend's wife become any better? I am here if you need someone to talk to. I'm not a counselor or anything, but I like to think of myself as a highly intuitive and empathetic person. Feel free to PM me if you aren't open to talking freely on the boards. :) I promise, no judgements. I don't have many girl-friends in real life so I am happy to develop connections with the good women I meet here on MDC. :Hug

Surfacing 07-18-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatelynRose (Post 17832298)
@Surfacing - I saw your post before, from back in May. I hope you are doing alright. Has the situation with your husband and his friend/friend's wife become any better? I am here if you need someone to talk to. I'm not a counselor or anything, but I like to think of myself as a highly intuitive and empathetic person. Feel free to PM me if you aren't open to talking freely on the boards. :) I promise, no judgements. I don't have many girl-friends in real life so I am happy to develop connections with the good women I meet here on MDC. :Hug

Thank you very much Mamas for checking in with me. I am feeling quite a lot better now.

Things with my husband are much better, we got the issues around the Australia friends straightened out, things are back in balance, and I am actually in dialogue with the wife personally forming a relationship with her. So I feel a lot better about all of that. Its truly not an issue anymore.

When I wrote and then deleted my post, I was feeling very overwhelmed about life. Specifically two things: I was very overwhelmed about the mess in my house and getting the kids to help with chores, and I was feeling a bit depressed and overwhelmed with exhaustion. After posting, in desperation I decided to do a couple of things. I bit the bullet and implemented an allowance-for-chores system that has been working beautifully this past 2 weeks. I don't expect it's lustre to last forever but so far its going really well and gains their cooperation when I need it rather than pulling teeth and fighting. I also decided to cut back a little bit on my antidepressant medication because I suspected it was too high (my pdoc had mentioned in the past she thought it may be too high) -- side effects came on too strong and was making me waaaay too sleepy during the day at work. I feel a bit better now especially since I have been going to the gym everyday -- what a difference that makes for my energy and mood!

So thank you for checking in with me Mamas. It means a lot. :smile:

KatelynRose - congratulations on your pregnancy!
Catholic Mama - thank you

KatelynRose 07-20-2014 11:58 AM

Oh good I am glad to see this post! It sounds like you've found very constructive ways to deal with your issues. Especially exercise- I have also recently found that exercise helps my overall mood quite a bit! Yay endorphins haha :)
I remember my own mother implementing a chores-for-allowance system. She posted a chart on our fridge of the things that needed to be done and how much they were worth. I turned into quite the maid! She even got us to do things like cleaning the baseboards that way!! My brother didn't get into it as much as I did.. He just did the things that pertained to him (cleaning his room and helping me clean the bathroom we shared) but I really liked the reward system, and I ended up liking cleaning as well (and still do). I just love seeing things go from dirty to clean. I'm sure it's because I was rewarded for it as a child hahaha.. Also I liked how happy it made my mom to have her bathroom cleaned nicely. (And how she bragged to her friends about how good of a job I did.. I live for praise!)

Thank you! I am excited about our first baby, even though I know we have many messes and stresses ahead of us as our family grows ;) ahhhh motherhood....