Stuck in life - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-13-2014, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Stuck in life

nevermind

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

Last edited by Surfacing; 07-13-2014 at 08:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 07-15-2014, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Are you okay?

May God bless you and His Blessed Mother Mary keep you!  :-)

#3 of 5 Old 07-17-2014, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
@Surfacing - I saw your post before, from back in May. I hope you are doing alright. Has the situation with your husband and his friend/friend's wife become any better? I am here if you need someone to talk to. I'm not a counselor or anything, but I like to think of myself as a highly intuitive and empathetic person. Feel free to PM me if you aren't open to talking freely on the boards. I promise, no judgements. I don't have many girl-friends in real life so I am happy to develop connections with the good women I meet here on MDC.

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...
#4 of 5 Old 07-18-2014, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatelynRose View Post
@Surfacing - I saw your post before, from back in May. I hope you are doing alright. Has the situation with your husband and his friend/friend's wife become any better? I am here if you need someone to talk to. I'm not a counselor or anything, but I like to think of myself as a highly intuitive and empathetic person. Feel free to PM me if you aren't open to talking freely on the boards. I promise, no judgements. I don't have many girl-friends in real life so I am happy to develop connections with the good women I meet here on MDC.
Thank you very much Mamas for checking in with me. I am feeling quite a lot better now.

Things with my husband are much better, we got the issues around the Australia friends straightened out, things are back in balance, and I am actually in dialogue with the wife personally forming a relationship with her. So I feel a lot better about all of that. Its truly not an issue anymore.

When I wrote and then deleted my post, I was feeling very overwhelmed about life. Specifically two things: I was very overwhelmed about the mess in my house and getting the kids to help with chores, and I was feeling a bit depressed and overwhelmed with exhaustion. After posting, in desperation I decided to do a couple of things. I bit the bullet and implemented an allowance-for-chores system that has been working beautifully this past 2 weeks. I don't expect it's lustre to last forever but so far its going really well and gains their cooperation when I need it rather than pulling teeth and fighting. I also decided to cut back a little bit on my antidepressant medication because I suspected it was too high (my pdoc had mentioned in the past she thought it may be too high) -- side effects came on too strong and was making me waaaay too sleepy during the day at work. I feel a bit better now especially since I have been going to the gym everyday -- what a difference that makes for my energy and mood!

So thank you for checking in with me Mamas. It means a lot.

KatelynRose - congratulations on your pregnancy!
Catholic Mama - thank you

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

Last edited by Surfacing; 07-18-2014 at 06:50 PM.
#5 of 5 Old 07-20-2014, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Oh good I am glad to see this post! It sounds like you've found very constructive ways to deal with your issues. Especially exercise- I have also recently found that exercise helps my overall mood quite a bit! Yay endorphins haha
I remember my own mother implementing a chores-for-allowance system. She posted a chart on our fridge of the things that needed to be done and how much they were worth. I turned into quite the maid! She even got us to do things like cleaning the baseboards that way!! My brother didn't get into it as much as I did.. He just did the things that pertained to him (cleaning his room and helping me clean the bathroom we shared) but I really liked the reward system, and I ended up liking cleaning as well (and still do). I just love seeing things go from dirty to clean. I'm sure it's because I was rewarded for it as a child hahaha.. Also I liked how happy it made my mom to have her bathroom cleaned nicely. (And how she bragged to her friends about how good of a job I did.. I live for praise!)

Thank you! I am excited about our first baby, even though I know we have many messes and stresses ahead of us as our family grows ahhhh motherhood....

In case you're curious about my status: I'm Kate, I spend every miraculous day with my darling soul mate JB and we are expecting our first baby (boy!) ...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page