Marriage Counseling - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 03-23-2015, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Marriage Counseling

Can anyone give me advice on how to go about finding marriage counselor's that are open to people like me who are into health, co-sleeping and non vaxing? Last year my husband picked one and she was very opposed to everything I believe. Told me by co-sleeping my son would have permanent psychological problems. My husband loved her but I hated her. I have a feeling its not going to easy.
Thanks so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-04-2015, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
I'd try to approach other possibly like-minded organizations for recommendations (the examples below would work in my community, YMMV):

- try your children's doc if s/he is supportive of your choices
- or contact a midwife practice, alternative medicine practice, holistic practitioner
- again, around here, I'd see who was advertising at my natural food co-op, yoga studio, or the UU church
- maybe someone in the Finding Your Tribe forum could recommend someone in your area
- local DV crisis center could be a resource

Good luck. DH and I once went to a counselor who took his side so blatantly that even *he* was disgusted. It was awful. I hope you find someone more respectful.

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), and an overachieving mother (1930). Married to DH since 1986.
#3 of 3 Old 04-05-2015, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the info. I think we found one. She does Imago which after researching gets to the roots of problems. Looks at how we many times attract someone who brings out issues we need to resolve. Supposedly this is a good thing to help us grow and overcome needs in childhood that were not met. DH comes from a divorced family and a father who was not there for him. I come from the opposite. I watched some Utube video's and I like this much better than the traditional method this other lady did. Basically, telling me everything I was doing was wrong. We will see!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page