I'd try to approach other possibly like-minded organizations for recommendations (the examples below would work in my community, YMMV):
- try your children's doc if s/he is supportive of your choices
- or contact a midwife practice, alternative medicine practice, holistic practitioner
- again, around here, I'd see who was advertising at my natural food co-op, yoga studio, or the UU church
- maybe someone in the Finding Your Tribe forum could recommend someone in your area
- local DV crisis center could be a resource
Good luck. DH and I once went to a counselor who took his side so blatantly that even *he* was disgusted. It was awful. I hope you find someone more respectful.
Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), and an overachieving mother (1930). Married to DH since 1986.