Homeless Single Mom - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 03-26-2016, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Homeless Single Mom

Hi my name is Alma and I have A7 year old son named Joel UC r story is a little different leaving homeless now for year. We have gone from sleeping at bus Depots to sleeping in shelters that were filthy and my son has asthma and allergies could not cope. . Well now I guess I'm blessed to be able to stay with the friends but the situation here isn't any better. You see it's a struggle to try to feed all 3 of us. You see my friend is a man that preys upon me he knows that if I got out of character he could put me out so he can treat me any kind of way or talk down to me in front of my son in any kind of way and he is right I cannot take up for myself cuz I have no family and I have no other place to go to get personal hygiene products in everyday things that you guys take for granted it's been a hassle for me. I feel like I'm worthless I fight so hard from day today to take care of him by myself .you see I could not tell you about or who he is because before him I struggle myself being a foster child just come out of foster care I was easy prey for different men just trying to find and keep a roof over my head and I will do anything for money. I guess you can say it's a cycle because my mom went through the same thing for me
but it has to end you see I want so much more I want to go back to school to get my GED I'm going to be able to provide for my child it's not like I don't want to do these things I've just never been taught how to do this and it's a struggle I just need help I'm here so you ladies can pray that I get the help that I need and pray that God keeps me in the right frame of mind to be able to take care of my child I can't see me living without him
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-11-2016, 05:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Really sad story , Have you tried gofundme website . It is really great and you can get some serious help out there ; you tell your story there and sweet people will help you . I really hope you see this reply because you posted only two posts . I wish you best of luck
Save

Last edited by ian'smommaya; 08-04-2016 at 11:48 PM.
#3 of 3 Old 04-25-2016, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
I don't have any advice, but you are in my prayers. And, I am not sure but do you think you could contact Habitat for Humanity to see if they could provide you a place or at least a temporary place to live?

Observe negative thoughts with stability and serenity and they will loosen their grip ~ Unknown

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page