• 1 Post By mamapigeon
  • 1 Post By mamapigeon
  • 1 Post By Tweety_Bird

#1 of 12 Old 01-01-2017, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Finding Joy

So, 2017 is here! I want to make a goal to find joy. I am going to be kind to people.

One thing that I do already is send B-day cards to everyone! I have a book that I write people's B-day and address and send them cards.

I am going to try to add to that. I want to find ways to grow in Joy.

I want to be the friend to people. (something I never had given to me)

You know what? I am going to teach my kids to do the same .
Friendship is so hard to comeby. Anyway, I am putting this here because I want to do this. I want to grow as a person. I want to be a better person.

Here I am world. I am finding the JOY

Last edited by Nazsmum; 01-01-2017 at 05:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 01-01-2017, 08:08 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
I feel that motherhood/parenthood

(as much as it may be draining/trying) can be an aid to helping you gain more patience and have more insight into being a person. SO I think I'm learning to be or at least I am trying to be more lenient and forgiving and I am trying to be less judgy. Which is to say, I am trying to cultivate more calm and peace LOL, (and gratefulness). So often we feel like we are being harshly judged in life by others, when often in fact, people are oblivious to nearly everything but their own concerns, and their motivations are mostly to promote their own interests (I've found). For better or worse. At our core we are mostly children. I'm also trying to not panic so much but it's ingrained in my nature to worry I think, I am trying to cultivate a feeling that I AM as good as anyone else out there (I second guess myself a lot). I am trying to remain philosophical and like when pruning a monstrous rose bush to reveal a good strong structure under the tangle, keep present in the moment, keep calm to avoid the thorns, not panic when I get pricked. Not always possible but anyway... One piece of advice I've held onto from parenting books is when things are particularly hard, grab onto the small victories, hold onto the small good moments.
#3 of 12 Old 01-01-2017, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumto1 View Post
hold onto the small good moments.
Yes, this is something that we all could do more of.

Thanks for your thoughts! I appreciate them.

#4 of 12 Old 01-02-2017, 12:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy new year, everyone!
#5 of 12 Old 01-02-2017, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
@Nazsmum ,

That is a beautiful goal. I want to do something similar. I long to spread joy and peace to people who need it.

The town I live in has a thing where people paint rocks and hide them around town for kids to find, but I would like to paint rocks with inspirational messages and leave them in medical offices and places where adults might need a little love. I'm also hoping to find the time to offer help to a DV shelter. There's only 1 nearby and it has very limited resources.
Nazsmum likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cancer-beating, single mama to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DS (5-11) and
DD (8-13). Tomorrow is a new day.

(4-09)
(5-12)
#6 of 12 Old 01-03-2017, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

@mamapigeon question- What is a DV shelter? I hope that you can make the time. Maybe you could find a way to help that fits in your week?
#7 of 12 Old 01-03-2017, 10:38 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Domestic Violence. Yes, I hope to fit it in to my week somehow, but it will likely be more of a once a month thing. Oh well, better than doing nothing.
Nazsmum likes this.

Cancer-beating, single mama to
DS (5-11) and
DD (8-13). Tomorrow is a new day.

(4-09)
(5-12)
#8 of 12 Old 01-05-2017, 12:00 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
This is beautiful way to start the new year:
Nazsmum likes this.
#9 of 12 Old 02-01-2017, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

I took the time to visit a older woman today. I took time to sit and listen to her stories. She talk to myself and kids for a long time.

I am trying.
#10 of 12 Old 03-20-2017, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazsmum View Post
I took the time to visit a older woman today. I took time to sit and listen to her stories. She talk to myself and kids for a long time.

I am trying.

Was this a stranger or someone you knew? I'd be interested in doing that, but don't know how to go about giving time to an elderly person, like maybe read to them or take dd along with me so they can spend time with a child.

Thanks.

Don't imagine the worst incidents in your emotional life -- keep a positive attitude.

Last edited by Neera; 03-23-2017 at 11:47 AM.
#11 of 12 Old 03-20-2017, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

This was someone that I know. I know some nursing homes will let you come and hangout.
#12 of 12 Old 03-23-2017, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Thanks.

Don't imagine the worst incidents in your emotional life -- keep a positive attitude.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page