Living with regrets vs. Having no regrets - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 09-21-2017, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Living with regrets vs. Having no regrets

“Here’s the thing: If we have goals, dreams, and we want to do our best, and if we love people and don't want to hurt them or lose them… we should feel pain when things go wrong. The point isn't to live without any regrets, the point is to not hate ourselves for having them…
…regret doesn't remind us that we did badly, it reminds us that we know we can do better.”

This quote came from a Ted Talk I just watched about regret. I’ve recently made it a point to do all of the things I want to do, with no regrets, but this video is all about living with regrets.

I found this perspective rather interesting because when I think of regret my mind automatically jumps to things I should do, not things I have already done. On the other hand, I’m sure there are people whose minds work the exact opposite of me on this topic.

Either way, I just wanted to share this video as an encouragement to anyone who is living with regret. If you're living with regret I recommend you check this out… it provides awesome insight on how to live, cope and ultimately grow with regret.

Thoughts?

If you want to watch search: Kathryn Shultz Don't Regret Regret
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-23-2017, 07:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is the hardest part of our lives that we need to overcome.

I'm a Mom that who loves to design for printing invitations. This is my part-time work for our family financial support. If you are looking Invitation Cards for Kids Birthday Party. Visit me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 of 4 Old 09-25-2017, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefish_00 View Post
This is the hardest part of our lives that we need to overcome.
So true. Learning to let go of the past and accepting the things we have done is so important. We can either learn and grow from the past or let it hold us down.

I prefer to learn and grow

#4 of 4 Old 10-14-2017, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Guilt and regret seem like rather useless emotions. Acknowledge the past, resolve to change and move on. Everything in your life led you to who you are today and if you are happy with who you are or how far you've come, how can you truly regret anything that has brought you to this present state?

Tags
mindset , positive , regret

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page