#1 of 4 Old 12-20-2001, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
#2 of 4 Old 12-21-2001, 07:02 PM

Since DD was born 5 months ago, I've tried to take a nurturing attitude toward everyone in the family, including myself. Now that she's getting a little older, though, I'm going to take New Year's as a milestone to move into what I call "business management" mode. I want to maintain spontaneity in our lives while still getting down to business and managing certain aspects of family life: healthier homemade whole food meals, age-appropriate activities for each child, couples time ... More reading and surfing for ideas, more list-making, more putting ideas into action.
#3 of 4 Old 12-27-2001, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
My resolutions are...

-- To clean my bedroom and car and KEEP THEM CLEAN! No more of these excuses about not having time... having the boys...

-- Not spend so much money on things I could do without... including cutting back on going OUT to eat, or spending money on "silly" little things...

-- Start/Finish my Doula certification... get my name out there and ATTEND SOME BIRTHS!

-- work on my socializing abilities (or lack there of)

... This year marks a new one! Ultimately, I just want to be somebody that makes ME happy... regardless of what others think...

Everybody, let's MAKE this a GREAT year!

Love,
Emily

#4 of 4 Old 12-31-2001, 07:08 PM

I decided this year that the reason I usually can't follow through with my lists of resolutions is that resolutions are basically like a list of "shoulds." Shoulds are bound to bring disappointment and guilt, at least for me.

So rather than resolutions, this new year I think I am going to try to celebrate all that I *have* accomplished over the last year, the leaps I've made. I'm going to live in the moment during the new year celebrations, and I'm going to celebrate how pregnant life is right now with possibilities. Some of these possibilities I hope to reach (by the incremental goals I've set over time). Others I'm not even aware of yet because life will just bring them on. Life is bound to take me on quite a journey!

Meanwhile, I have the little goals I've been working on over the years. I'll start tomorrow with a clean slate in my head, so I will take advantage of it by meditating (its been a while) even for a few moments each day. We'll see where life takes me from there.

I'm pro-adoption reform, but not anti-adoption.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page