Can negative energy cause lightbulbs to instantaneously burn out? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 02-24-2005, 02:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been totally stressed out this week and angry because what started out as a remodel of our first home in 10 years, a place to raise our son and be a family has turned into a nightmare. The sellers didn't tell us about a majoral structural defect that was hidden by new floors. Of course it puts us WAY over budget. So we are pursuing legal action to get them to pay but they are denying all knowledge of the problem and they lived here almost a dozen years. A shabby repair job was done prior to them installing new floors to help sell the house. Ds was in another country so I had to deal with it myself the first week. Their insurance company is providing them with free legal counsel yet we have to pay for our lawyer.

I have burned out 6 - no joke- lightbulbs simply by turning them on this week. Plus I had laryngitis and stomach flu. Am I really the demise of these lightbulbs or are they all just getting old at the same time? How can I channel this energy into positive channels? Is it too early to start a treasure map, I feel like I really need to visualize a positive outcome for this NOW. I am serious, this isn't a joke...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 02-24-2005, 11:20 AM

I have never ever thought of our own negative energy as causing lightbulbs to blow out.....hmmmm....very interesting thought. I certainly wouldn't rule it out because I know there is energy all around us.

Sorry you are dealing with such a horrible situation right now.
#3 of 15 Old 02-24-2005, 01:26 PM

Just two days ago my friend was telling me how she used to burn out street lamps when she would drive under them. I think sure, why not? If everything is energy, then some forms of it ought to be more powerful than others. I think electiricity is maybe one of the more obvious ways we can notice it.
Another friend of mine blew out 4 lap top computers and finally realized it was her energy.
#4 of 15 Old 02-24-2005, 01:26 PM

Yes, I believe it can. I remember when I was in grad school and law school, during exams I would be so stressed I would cause all kinds of problems. I remember one particularly stressful exam week, the printer at work just stopped working, two burners on my mom's electric stove suddenly stopped working, countless light bulbs went out, all when I stood next to them. I was telling all this to a skeptical friend while riding in her car, and her radio suddenly stopped working. Needless to say, she believed (and told me to get out of her car!). I've since studied reiki and my reiki teacher said reiki could help the problem. A wiccan friend told me to wear black underwear, to carry a grounding crystal, and to do "grounding" meditations (imagine your feet growing roots, going deep into the earth).

I'm sorry your going through such a stressful time!!!
#5 of 15 Old 02-24-2005, 04:41 PM

How long have you lived in the house? While I totally believe that your anger could be the culprit, I had a similar lightbulb experience a few weeks after moving into our house. In my case though, the sellers had gone through the house before the closing, taking out their 'good' lightbulbs and replacing everything with cheap bulbs bought by the case at a home improvement store. Once we got moved in, they started blowing out left and right! It was a real pain, but it was a good chance to put in compact flourecent bulbs and higher efficiency bulbs in strategic places, and the nifty '10 year' bulbs in the fixtures that I can't reach easily!

I hope you get the floor fixed fast and with little more fuss!
#6 of 15 Old 02-24-2005, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

We've been here for a little over a year and a half so I guess it's possible that the bulbs are all just the same age and it's time for them to go. I am wearing my black underwear though and I slept with my rose and amethyst crystals!
#7 of 15 Old 02-24-2005, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchmark
Just two days ago my friend was telling me how she used to burn out street lamps when she would drive under them. I think sure, why not? If everything is energy, then some forms of it ought to be more powerful than others. I think electiricity is maybe one of the more obvious ways we can notice it.
Another friend of mine blew out 4 lap top computers and finally realized it was her energy.
OT from the OP's question (sorry) but I just wanted to comment on this. Many street lights have sensors in them that make them turn on when it is dark and off when it is light. If your friend's lights were improperly adjusted, that could cause them to turn off.
#8 of 15 Old 02-25-2005, 05:57 PM

I believe it is possible. I am the only one in this house who can burn out lightbulbs. I was very stressed right before Xmas about going to my sisters for Xmas. My youngest can be a little terror and my sisters boy was 11months and moving. I knew there would be alot of fighting over toys and I was not looking forward to it. The day before we left I was talking to dh on the phone. I got off the computer chair and the most painful shock went through my arm into the phone and back out the same arm again. I zapped the phone. It is a good thing that the part that I zapped was the microphone because it hurt enough that I screamed. There is nothing metallic on the chair. I have no idea how I did it. We bought a new phone when we got back but the phone that is there does not work. It did for the first week or so but now it doesn't. I don't know if I zapped the plug too or if it just doesn't like me or just a cheap phone.
#9 of 15 Old 02-26-2005, 01:46 AM

:LOL I thought my dh and I were the only ones burning out streetlight-bulbs! I was going to post to mdc about it, but then thought "no, that's just too weird!" and now

So anyone else out there doing this too - come out, come out wherever you are!

Michelle
#10 of 15 Old 02-26-2005, 12:51 PM

This is a form of kinetic energy. DH blows out his computer and any other elctrical appliance he uses alot when he gets extremely angry or upset. Even my kids have noticed. It is not all that uncommon.

I am a the firestarter! I have been in the local of many major fires right when the ybegin-and all are electrical. It has begun to make me feel guilty. Historic churches, Popular stores, etc. I have driven under a treet light as it got HIT BY LIGHTENING. The worst experience overal was sitting in front of a pharmacy with my 2 kids (DS was an infant) while DH ran inside. There wasa sudden flash-my car went off..I felt the shock and DD (age 4 at the time was yelling MY HANDS feel fuzzy-DS was crying). All the lights in the TOWN went out. What was it? The electrical substation just feet away from me (in the parking lot) had a WHITE FLASH. One man was on fire and anothers eyes were blown out. I flew the hell out of there! I parked in front of tha tsubstation last night and was ill. I hate that one so much, but I always get ill around large electrical stations...I hate the feeling.
#11 of 15 Old 03-03-2005, 05:04 PM

I used to work with a lady who had lots of negative energy. It was a running joke that machines would go on the fritz when she was near them and that, one time, an electric stapler "blew up" when she sat near it. I always kind of laughed it off until I saw it for myself. She was walking through a doorway into the room where I was, and the clock above the doorway literally jumped off the wall.
#12 of 15 Old 03-30-2005, 11:59 AM

My Dh does this all the time. Every time we get into a big argument (one where he is really angry) the light nearest him blows. If he's really, really angry he'll sometimes get several lights to go at once. At first it was kind of scary, but he's slowing gaining more control of his anger and that seems to be helping.

Jess, mom to Phelan Quinn (9/23/95), Wiley Rogue (10/29/03), and Victor Xerxes (9/10/08) and still married to my giant!
#13 of 15 Old 03-30-2005, 02:15 PM

Many, many years ago, I had my microwave, my blowdryer and several other small applicances go out on the same day. Honestly I didn't even notice being in a partiularly bad mood until the second applicance went, so whether it was coincidence or not I'll never know.
#14 of 15 Old 04-01-2005, 03:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If there is anyone here who can do this under conditions you agree on together, James Randi will give you a million bucks.

It is interesting to note that no one has claimed that money yet, after years and years of his making the offer.
#15 of 15 Old 05-01-2005, 12:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My husband is the one who makes lights burn out. I witnessed this many times. We had brand new light bulbs burn out within hours. Now I only buy cheap ones.

Maybe you guys are all magical.

Mom to 2 beautiful autistic boys (12 & 11)  

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page