The Magic Bean - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Which bean would you like?
Green 6 37.50%
Blue 7 43.75%
Red 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 11-03-2002, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A young woman was walking through town agmiring all the goods for sale at the open market. As she came to the edge of town she met up with a man who was selling beans from a large basket. She walked up to the man and peered into the basket. She noticed there were several colors.

"Would you like to purchase a bean, mylady?" The gentleman asked her?

"Why so many colors and what kind of bean are they?" she asked.

"The are magic beans. The green one will allow you to return to the past and change one thing in your life. The blue allows you to walk on water, and the red to see into the future. Which one would you like?"

This is the question I ask of you. If you could choose a bean, which would it be and why?

Green - Past
Blue - Water
Red - Future
#2 of 12 Old 11-03-2002, 10:53 AM

well, I wouldn't want to change anything in the past, because then my life would be completely different today. Every decision I've made, has brought me here. I like it here.
I wouldn't want to see the future either...well, I'd like to know if I'm meant to have another child...okay...so maybe I would take that bean. The red bean. But just a glimpse to see if I'm TTCing in vain or if it will actually happen!

Sweet post!

Mamasoleil
#3 of 12 Old 11-03-2002, 12:02 PM

Even though there are some painful things I would like to change in the past, like mamasoleil said, it would change the now and I like the now.

So, I decided on the red~not curious about my life, just about my childrens.

Warmly~

Lisa

Lisa, Todd, Dane and Amber: & :::
#4 of 12 Old 11-04-2002, 05:04 PM

I voted before I read the story.
I would pick green. I was a foolish girl and dropped out of high school. I thought I was too cool.
I got my GED and finished 3 years of college, so I'm not a complete loser, lol.
But, I would like to be able to go back and walk to my graduation. I think it would be a great feeling of achievement.

I guess I'm a fortunate fool.
#5 of 12 Old 11-05-2002, 08:23 PM

i chose green, but i'm not sure which thing i'd change. maybe i'd erase my first marriage, or take the mental illness and violence out of my dad. or maybe i'd get myself into that arts school i wanted to go to in high school, or stick with college till i finished it. i guess so far i haven't been very happy with a lot of things in my life, which is kind of why i'd leave that red bean alone - my future's still open to me, so i'd rather not mess with it.

blessings
#6 of 12 Old 11-05-2002, 08:26 PM

I chose blue because walking on water would be cool. I wish flying were a choice, because I would definitely go for that.

The other ladies have expressed very well already why I wouldn't want to change the past. I like it here!

As for the future, I will just wait and see for myself.

Cool and cute question, Diaper Diva!

Jean

Jean, happy HS mom to Peter (5), Daniel (9) and Lucie (2) and also someone new... baby.gif
#7 of 12 Old 11-05-2002, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Well...I don't like beans.
#8 of 12 Old 11-05-2002, 09:11 PM

I picked green. Not because I want to go back and change anything. I don't think I'd be me anymore then. But to go back and say goodbye to my mom before she died, maybe have the chance to be with her awhile so we could have talked. I last saw here when I was 12, and she died when I was 2 weeks shy of my 15th birthday. And I REALLY really miss her and wish I could have said goodbye. I got to say goodbye to my dad before he passed away and it was really something I needed.

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#9 of 12 Old 11-06-2002, 01:34 PM

I picked blue. Walking on water? How cool, to be Jesus if only for one day! (please don't take offense, none was meant)

I don't believe in regrets, which is why I over-analyze things before doing them. So, I wouldn't change anything in my past. There were circumstances that helped me become me, and decisions that did the same. The future... I would rather see it when it happens. I'd obsess too much abt things if I knew in advance. Besides, my future depends on me and choices I make, to a large degree...

#10 of 12 Old 11-06-2002, 09:07 PM

I wonder what Can O'Beans would do now?

I think I would choose green. Just to have certain opportunities once more. But I have that already, don't I?
#11 of 12 Old 11-07-2002, 02:25 AM

I chose blue...

I don't want to change anything in the past, because it would change my present. I don't want to look into the future, because knowing it might make me do something to change it, and I just don't need to know. Walking on water would be a new experience...

Kimberly
#12 of 12 Old 11-11-2002, 12:21 AM

blue
dont want to change the past because then i would have a different present and I like my present with all its colors.
dont want to know the future either, maybe knowing it would take away things from the present.
walk on water, yeah, that could be great!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page