"New Mamas of Spirtual Awakening in Our Marriages" roll call - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 236 Old 06-06-2005, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: I don't know why that is so difficult. I can do it with strangers, friends, family....but have problems with dh

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#62 of 236 Old 06-06-2005, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee
: I don't know why that is so difficult. I can do it with strangers, friends, family....but have problems with dh
Because his opinion means more to you...maybe because you are attached to what you think a spouse should be, how a partner should act, how a partner should make you feel...maybe these preconcieved notions are holding you back...if you could let go of that then maybe you could start just loving him.

I am guessing here of course...but it seems that when there is more at stake we become much more attached to results/responses.
#63 of 236 Old 06-06-2005, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgirls
Because his opinion means more to you...maybe because you are attached to what you think a spouse should be, how a partner should act, how a partner should make you feel...maybe these preconcieved notions are holding you back...if you could let go of that then maybe you could start just loving him.

I am guessing here of course...but it seems that when there is more at stake we become much more attached to results/responses.
Very true...

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#64 of 236 Old 06-06-2005, 11:09 PM

we have a hard time with mutial unconditional love
b/c we have old resentments

we say taht we are over them, but they always resurface

that is where the love like you have never been hurt concept can be helpful

good point all girls
when you said that :

i often think why does it bother me so much when i think he is not being nice, or polite, or respectful?

is it b/c i do not do a good job being nice, polite, and respectful TO MYSELF???

women/mothers/wives tend to give and give till their well is going to run dry adn then be mad/resentful that no when is really taking care of them the way (or to teh degree) that they are caring for others...
being a martyr?
#65 of 236 Old 06-06-2005, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moma justice
women/mothers/wives tend to give and give till their well is going to run dry adn then be mad/resentful that no when is really taking care of them the way (or to teh degree) that they are caring for others...
being a martyr?
Bingo...we need to care for ourselves...find our fulfullment within ourselves, make ourselves happy and share it...not count on others to make us happy...that responsibility is too big for anyone to take on.
#66 of 236 Old 06-06-2005, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moma justice

i often think why does it bother me so much when i think he is not being nice, or polite, or respectful?

is it b/c i do not do a good job being nice, polite, and respectful TO MYSELF???

This is also true, in a way.

Supposedly, anything we see in our dp is a reflection of the same within ourselves -- and we wouldn't necessarily see it as such (and attach the meaning to the behaviour that we do) if we did not have that in us. So it is like a gift, this reflection; being able to see something and have the opportunity to process it.

Often our egos will be too protective and prevent us from seeing the issue in ourself, so our ego notices it when it is in another as a safer way of facing the issue.

I also think this is what is meant by the phrases "struck a nerve/chord" and "takes one to know one."
#67 of 236 Old 06-07-2005, 01:32 AM

Allgirls quote

"Yep...that's a common problem...the thing is you have to learn to give your DH respect and love with no regard to whether he can give it back or not. No eye to results...just give respect and love( I am assuming those are the things you want to recieve) but you have to let the recieving go and concentrate on the giving"

SO true, I think we end up waiting for the worst, as previously stated and lashing out at our dp both internaly and externaly. the more we expect from people, the more disapointed we become. I'm not saying this happens all the time...occasionaly.

The other thing I often wonder is what makes these things come out of their mouth? Who told them this was ok? Are we THAT annoying? Does it matter?

Lisa: Homeschooling Mum of ds, 8 and dd, 6
#68 of 236 Old 06-07-2005, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa72
The other thing I often wonder is what makes these things come out of their mouth? Who told them this was ok? Are we THAT annoying? Does it matter?
I would vote for the "it doesn't matter" part...but that would be wrong...it matters to them...those things they say that are mean and thoughtless matters greatly to them...how can you feel good about about yourself if you treat your spouse in a disrespectful way or anyone else for that matter...but that is their issue not yours. They would be happier if they didn't do these things. Oh and they know it's not ok(everyone has intuition) and no we are not that annoying...they are that impatient.

BUT you can't change them..you can only change you...you can only begin to let go of your response to that behaviour. You have to take the hurt you feel when negative words are said to you and sit quietly and pull them apart and decide how you will respond...often in doing so the hurt and anger just goes away. And a more positive response on your end stops the cycle and takes away any negativity you add to it.

And you have to do it for your peace of mind..not because you want certain results.

What I find is that since I started practicing living the way I do people have noticed...and they ask me how I stay calm and happy most of the time and then I tell them...they know I am gentler and calmer and happy and they want that for themselves. But most people don't do anything about it. They want to but they don't.

I do find myself wanting to yell at someone now and then and I still feel road rage and I still get insulted by criticism but I respond totally differently...and I feel differently...mainly because I let go of the need to "not let them get away with it" and because I feel good because I am able to respond and stand up for myself without putting others down
#69 of 236 Old 06-07-2005, 09:49 AM

May May....good points...so does that mean the wonderful things I see in my DP are also a reflexion of myself...it may be...I know I am a better person and I keep seeing an improvement in him as well....I better not dwell on it too much or the old ego will get too excited!
#70 of 236 Old 06-07-2005, 09:50 AM

I think I will print this out so DH and I can both do this. Just this morning was punctuated with, "you are the hardest person to get along with that I have ever known my whole life." That was me to him. ugh!
#71 of 236 Old 06-07-2005, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingMYway
I think I will print this out so DH and I can both do this. Just this morning was punctuated with, "you are the hardest person to get along with that I have ever known my whole life." That was me to him. ugh!

Well...I know I have said this to my ex-DH...and it's true...LOL...it's still true...I just don't say it anymore. Oh it would be nice if the DH's did it too..
#72 of 236 Old 06-07-2005, 11:02 AM

great thread! :
#73 of 236 Old 06-07-2005, 11:17 AM

findindMYway quote

"I think I will print this out so DH and I can both do this. Just this morning was punctuated with, "you are the hardest person to get along with that I have ever known my whole life." That was me to him. ugh!"

I think this is because we care SO much , which I suppose is a good thing
I have NEVER met ANYONE who makes me grit my teeth more than anyone EVER...but his good points definately outway the bad.

If we look at what a marriage actually is and what we think it should be, there's a huge difference. I know I found it a bit of a shock.

#74 of 236 Old 06-07-2005, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgirls
May May....good points...so does that mean the wonderful things I see in my DP are also a reflexion of myself...it may be...I know I am a better person and I keep seeing an improvement in him as well....I better not dwell on it too much or the old ego will get too excited!

It definately does!
It goes both ways -- basically, you can only identify and recognize in others that which exists in you. It's very validating and affirming, actually (as opposed to considering it to be egotistical). You can receive the full value of the validation and the affirmation there, too, because it is not egotistical to honor the signs of reinforcement coming from the universal ripples (effects) of your actions. What a blessing!
#75 of 236 Old 06-07-2005, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

hi everyone,

lots to catch up on here!

and at home...I'm feeling trapped in the mundaness of my life as a SAHM...trying to snap out of it

blessings~~

dust.gif
#76 of 236 Old 06-08-2005, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic~mama
hi everyone,

lots to catch up on here!

and at home...I'm feeling trapped in the mundaness of my life as a SAHM...trying to snap out of it

blessings~~
Yeah...I know how you feel...
#77 of 236 Old 06-08-2005, 11:49 PM

trapped psycho here too
my dd has entered a very strong willed stage and it is breaking me in two to know how to balance the guide adn protectiveness with freedom to fail and learn on her own side

i am using a lot of our spouse advice stuff that we have discussed here with her too, realizing how i can't controle her and it is the illusion of control that i have to let go of to really be present with her and just peacefuly be with her as she takes the lead....

i also wanted to let you all know that this thread has been areal source of inspiration for a great soul search and major boost to my ability to be a better spouse, i have noticed a huge difference in my tempor and abilty to stay calm adn unattached and still offer that unconditional love from my heart

and i have seen great results so far with dh's sweetness back in return

i also had a revalation today while doing a yoga, meditation, journal hour (aka nap time) that i have been expecting my husabnd to make me feel exciting and alive with eoverall life energy and have been trying to manipulate, guilt, and beg for him to maek me feel happy and alive for years!

talk about counter productive, not even possible, and draining!

i never saw me with my needs as being such a drain with that being my hidden expectation but it was

and i journaled about it and i feel lighter just realizing that as my part of the problem in our ability to be a dynamic loving supportive team

i was trying to suck him dry adn then was hurt mad adn defensive b/c he waws not giving me the energy that i wanted to feel good!

so i have go tto do more yoga,,,that is such a great way for me to stay grounded (i am an air sign of libra) balanced and flowing with life energy...(kundilini?)
#78 of 236 Old 06-08-2005, 11:57 PM

mama justice...thank you so much for sharing. I love yoga but I haven't had much practice...it truly is a meditative discipline.

I think not only was I once attached to someone else making me feel excited and alive but also was attached to feeling "excited and alive" as though feeling that way was important...now I am working hard to just enjoy being. Some days I am excited and alive but most days I just "am" and that's just as nice. In some ways it's much more peaceful.
#79 of 236 Old 06-09-2005, 04:13 AM

: Catching up...

to all my mamas! I am glad to have this thread!

#80 of 236 Old 06-09-2005, 10:49 AM

[QUOTE=

i also had a revalation today while doing a yoga, meditation, journal hour (aka nap time) that i have been expecting my husabnd to make me feel exciting and alive with eoverall life energy and have been trying to manipulate, guilt, and beg for him to maek me feel happy and alive for years!

talk about counter productive, not even possible, and draining!

i never saw me with my needs as being such a drain with that being my hidden expectation but it was

and i journaled about it and i feel lighter just realizing that as my part of the problem in our ability to be a dynamic loving supportive team

i was trying to suck him dry adn then was hurt mad adn defensive b/c he waws not giving me the energy that i wanted to feel good!

so i have go tto do more yoga,,,that is such a great way for me to stay grounded (i am an air sign of libra) balanced and flowing with life energy...(kundilini?)[/QUOTE]

I love this...I forget all this stuff when I get caught up in life and feel everything is moving too fast. I start blaming him for my own chaos. Not fair at all.

Our past is really becoming our past, I'm not saying all the stuff I wrote about in "advice pls, angry man" is gone forever...I know it isn't that simple, but the calmer I am the calmer he is. We are both "owning our shit" We both want this to work and are doing our best. I still see that anger pop up in him sometimes but then I watch him take control and it disapates.

One of the anger management books he is reading had something interesting which I thought could relate to everyone;

When you loose your temper and tell people "ooo I REALLY lost it, I mean REALLY freaked" The author ( a therepist ) says " well did you slap the person, stab them and then throw them out of the window?" the person looks at him in shock and says of "course not". The therepsit says "well you didn't loose control then, very few people really loose total control, you can control yourself, you just have to decide how much."

I know we aren't all dealing with anger issues, but I thought it was an interesting point and can be used in relation to our partners....it's a decision we make, how we deal with everyone.

Lisa

#81 of 236 Old 06-09-2005, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

moma justice~ thank you for sharing that you put a picture of you dh on your altar, I was very touched by this and am going to put a pictures of dh and dd on mine today...

I also practice yoga and wouldnt want to live without it. Yoga helps keep centered, physically, emotionally and spiritually...as I write that I have tears in my eyes because I feel so drained and down on myself right now...when I loose my balance things get so out of whack and its hard to get back to center again.

There is so much I need to do to keep myself centered...also for Rayna and my dog, we are all very sensitive and then theres dh...what I do effects him and I feel a reasponsibility to help keep him centered.

dh is back but with the long days he puts in for work he is doing all he can do during the week and its me doing what feels like everything just like when he was deployed.

DD is very attached to me and sensitive so when I dont keep her on her routine its very hard on her...she wants to nurse every time she is upset or tired or hungry or just feels like it and many times I dont feel like nursing her and it causes frustration for all of us.

I have anger issues and so does dh. At times I can snap at dd...I feel so horrible about this and I can go for months without being mean to her but then when it happens its so hurtful to her and to me, I feel like complete crap for it but as much as I want to never snap at her I havent been able to 100% stop it from happening.

the way I was raised was very cold and harsh and I have come a long way from my parents ways but still that anger creeps up sometimes...I know where it comes from but I dont know how to stop it

thank u for reading...I feel relief getting this out.

blessings~~

dust.gif
#82 of 236 Old 06-09-2005, 02:25 PM

i just wrote in a "how much can i expect from my toddler" thread

about loosing control of my anger

i feel you mystic momma, when you say that your parents anger issues creep into your life sometimes

how do you let that go?????

for my sister's and i it is always resurfacing...
right now my dad is fighting lung cancer and even though he may be dieing, we are each dealing with our past wounds with him again.

i have had great success releasing old hurt with yoga over the years...
infact one day when i was in a really deep space during a yoga session, i felt this crazy burning pain in my neck and head...adn then in almost a dream space, i had body memory of my dad really hitting me on the head hard....then i started shaking and crying and when i inhaled into that space of pain and then exhailed from that place of pain and tightness a few times and it went away

i mean it is gone, this past wound that i had been unknowingly carrying around for years just left my body
i released it

so that is my yoga story....
happy days to you ladies and surprise your dhs with a juicey kiss tonight....
#83 of 236 Old 06-09-2005, 07:34 PM

Mystic MAma
"I have anger issues and so does dh. At times I can snap at dd...I feel so horrible about this and I can go for months without being mean to her but then when it happens its so hurtful to her and to me, I feel like complete crap for it but as much as I want to never snap at her I havent been able to 100% stop it from happening."

We all get to that point sometimes.

#84 of 236 Old 06-09-2005, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

lisa,

what an amazing yoga experience!

I usually practice first thing in the a.m and it's about impossible to get really deeply into it unless dh is home and watching dd, even then she comes to me about everything anyway.

I havent put a lot of energy into healing from my childhood, not yet at least...there is quite a bit of it I dont remember. Ive been wondering if it would come back to me some time...I have developed my relationships with both my parents and found much healing there.

on a more postive note~

today went beautifully...dd had 2 meltdowns before 11 am, I know the time spent doing yoga helped so much in handling it. Feeling more like myself today

namaste'

dust.gif
#85 of 236 Old 06-11-2005, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

how is everyone?

where else can I come with this but here.....I am so beyond frustrated with my husband

and I'm embarrassed to tell you all this but I know it is not me,; that doesnt make it not hurt though. I need to get this out...it feels hopeless with him sometimes. he doesnt talk to me hardly at all...I mean he tells me NOTHING about whats going on inside of him, he has opened up about twice in 4 years...he will hardly cuddle with me at night, like once every 2 weeks it seems like...he will let me cuddle him though (from the back)...he doesnt want to make love...its a battle to get him to talk about finances much less anything concerning our relationship...all day today he was so crappy We dont go anywhere together, he is depressed and negative and downright mean many times.

our third anniversary is tomorrow and neither of us have gotten anything for eachother or made any plans...the past few days he has called me names so many times, calls my music crappy, puts me down in every belief I have...he acts like I am gross and nasty even though when I ask him he says he doesnt...he calls me fat a@@ when you gets pissed and f'ing piece of sh*!

he is closed down more than ever

he says he loves me and does want to married to me but this is how he treats me??

my daughter yells, "PISS OFF!!!" all the time now because of him saying it to me so much...she almost said F off after hearing him say it yesterday

I want to live a different life than the one we have together, its not me! its totally different than it was when he was gone and honestly, I wish he was still away working somewhere when he is really being crappy.

I stay because of that hope of him choosing to treat me well...wanting my daughter to have her daddy...wanting/needing to be a stay home mama...partly scared to be a single mama and I do have love for him.

I really have been trying everything for our marriage but how much of this should I take before I know he will never change.

dust.gif
#86 of 236 Old 06-11-2005, 07:55 PM

Oh Sarah.....I could have writen your post. It is such a roller coaster in my home.

I am so sorry... You are not alone. I totally understand how you feel

#87 of 236 Old 06-11-2005, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

:

I'm sorry anglebee!

I feel like packing the car and just driving...

dust.gif
#88 of 236 Old 06-11-2005, 08:48 PM

I am so sorry you are both going through his awful crap. The only way we got through this was by admitting there was a problem and going to counselling.

MMama, Liam was shouting all kinds of awful things untill recently, even the f word. He was telling me very firmly - at the supermarket, that " Mummy...we don't say f*@&." Now its not even mentioned.

Ranya will stop using the language soon.

I know I would be gone if it got nasty again, and so does he. I am NOT and never would hold this over him, but we now know our limits.

Look I could ramble on and on but probably wont help...

I'm here and listening, hope that helps ladies

Lisa

#89 of 236 Old 06-11-2005, 10:09 PM

to MysticMama and AngelBee
#90 of 236 Old 06-11-2005, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic~mama
:

I'm sorry anglebee!

I feel like packing the car and just driving...
I sometimes pretend I can just disappear...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page