Support for Mindful Mamas! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-25-2003, 03:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i do need to add though, that i could begin on the week of the 9th, but not that first week you will be on "retreat".

we are testing that week for karate. gulp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2003, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, Cheryl for your reply. I hope the others will feel the same. And good luck on the karate test!!
Old 01-25-2003, 03:27 PM

Hugs and support to Anne, kudos to Heather for her upcoming retreat, and support comin' our way for all of you. Heather, it's a great idea to rotate weeks. I, too, am confused about when we read vs when we discuss a chapter, but I'm easily confused these days...

Let us know what to do!
Old 01-25-2003, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

FULLY EDITED POST...PLEASE READ
I guess I always just thought when we moved to discuss the next chapter on Sundays that we read the chapter sometime the previous week while we were discussing. Does anyone have any better ideas on when to read or just leave it? It seems like some are not finding time to read the book and maybe we need to allow a week somewhere to read a section and then discuss one chapter a week until we get to the next section or "Part" of the book?

***Skip if you read already...not edited: I realize it takes a lot of time to discuss, read posts, and find time to read the book. Most on-line clubs read one book a month and then discuss the book. Our group is very different b/c we read and discuss one chapter a week. : I don't want this to become a roadblock for us but there's got to be a solution to keep us moving and discussing without it taking us an ungodly amount of time to get through this book and w/o burning us out....that balancing act!!

***Here's an idea on when to read: We are on Part IV now. There are 11 "Parts" to the book and each "Part" is about 25-40 pages, give or take five pages, except Part IV, which is about to 60 pages. Do you think it's a good idea to take a week to allow everyone a chance to read or re-read "Part IV" and then continue discussing a chapter per week in Part IV"? And when we are done discussing the chapters of Part IV take a week off to read "Part V" and resume on a Sunday discussing one chapter a week of that Part and so on and so on.
Old 01-25-2003, 07:27 PM

Hugs Anne,

heather, yes, make a list. you have done an awesome job BTW. I am not sure that I will be able to really do you justice because I can't get the emoticon useage up to par
Cool idea for the retreat.
Old 01-26-2003, 12:23 AM

All, just typed up a long response, but have posted it in the book club thread -- seemed to fit better there. Come see.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:18 AM

I have just been reading the week's pages ON Sunday for the most part, or Monday if Sunday is busy.

You can put me on a moderator schedule but I agree that I won't measure up with the emoticons.

If y'all have a few minutes would you find my threads in EBF and Nightwaking and contribute to them? I'm really having a hell of a time lately but it's way too late at night for me to write it all out again and I probably won't have another chance. Sigh.

Hellhole update: something which almost never ever happens: I am the only one awake! Amazing! I couldn't sleep b/c of the issues I address on my other threads, I'm worried about my babe.

Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06
Old 02-21-2003, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

As soon as I make an appt. for therapy I will letcha know. I dont care at this point who knows I need therapy. Anyone that may read this has probly been there and done that or knows what I am going thru is not pretty. Im struggling and not fun to live with lately but we are managing. A friend told me on the phone today that her theory about PPD is that biologically we are meant to live in a tribal situation which would elliviate much of that overwhelming feeling and a lot of the crap we worry about now days. And I have to agree with her. But we are so many generations from a tribal lifestyle and I am so messed up from being the product of generations of screwed up ppl that one hour of living with me and anyone would run the other way.

So, Breathe and Jacqueline, Id love to be your neighbor but I would pitty you! I know I seem nice enough here but I am REALLY not a lot of fun when I am having an anxiety attack.

User Tag List