Love Thyself - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 162 Old 04-09-2003, 03:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'm here. things are ok. i have been eating well and i feel good physically. only lost one pound, but health is really my priority (i keep telling myself that, hopefully thay will help it come true ) i quit the drug due to a negative reaction. but spring helps me eat right.
#152 of 162 Old 04-09-2003, 03:52 AM

by the way, devi, i did an oa meeting once years ago. i will be interested to hear more about it if you keep going.
#153 of 162 Old 04-09-2003, 02:42 PM

Well, I seemed to have dropped out of sight forever but I am BACK!

Glad to hear most people are doing fairly well. We are plodding along here. I started an actual diet. The not eating at night was nearing impossible as the babe started eating all night long. My mom and I are doing a food combining low carb diet and so far I am having pretty good luck. I can't tell on my body yet but I have lost almost 10 lbs. Trying to lose the weight gradually on low carb is a bit hard but I am trying. The nice thing about this diet is that I really think my breastmilk is staying healthy. It is along the schwartzbein principle- has anyone heard of it?

I am even exercizing a little here and there. Which I know doesnt sound like much but it is much more than I had been doing with any regularity. Before I would go for a 5 mile walk and then sit in my chair for 2 weeks and then do another 5 mile walk. Now I walk 3 miles every week with shorter walks daily.

I really want to be able to like being in pictures with my children.
#154 of 162 Old 04-15-2003, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by spryte
Well, I seemed to have dropped out of sight forever but I am BACK!

My mom and I are doing a food combining low carb diet and so far I am having pretty good luck. I can't tell on my body yet but I have lost almost 10 lbs. Trying to lose the weight gradually on low carb is a bit hard but I am trying. The nice thing about this diet is that I really think my breastmilk is staying healthy. It is along the schwartzbein principle- has anyone heard of it?

No do tell more... and which low carb thingy are you doing? The Zone?

Quote:
I really want to be able to like being in pictures with my children.

You are beautiful mama, don't ever feel otherwise!
#155 of 162 Old 04-22-2003, 03:30 PM

Devi, etal-

I am doing a lowcarb diet that is similar to the schwartzbein diet. ( I kind of made up my own) Basically, no sugar or caffeine, two low carb meals and one regular meal everyday. As many low starch veggies as I want all day. I usually have fruit in the am, then a bit later, a wholegrain no sugar cereal with milk. Salad with tofu or tuna for lunch and a fish or tofu main dish with lots of veg. I even have dessert (low carb).

I think this link is pretty good for more info about her diet.
http://weightloss.about.com/library/.../aa031103a.htm

Hope this helps.
K
#156 of 162 Old 04-25-2003, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Interesting, Thanks!!!
#157 of 162 Old 05-14-2003, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello girls! Did you think I dropped off the face of the earth? Well I have actually felt like it. I have changed jobs. Hope it works out better for my family situation.

Anyways....

spryte~ I checked out your link on the schwartzbein diet. Wow! It is so much like the Suzanne Summers diet, and many of the other. I have not stayed on any of the diets very well lately but through all this I have learned so much about food that I have been making healthier choices.

Sugar has been the one actually that I have been able to cut way back on. I am having a realy had time cutting out Caffine. I love my cup of coffee each day and my new job I started is working nights. I have to have some coffee when I'm working!

Keep in touch all
#158 of 162 Old 06-03-2003, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Garden~and others,
hope all is well.

Just started an eating plan. Wish me luck! It's an OA thing and a life time committment. Yippee NOT!
#159 of 162 Old 06-04-2003, 01:36 AM

Devi~Best of luck!

I am on again off again the diet thing, but I am still losing though very slowly (2 lbs a month or so) BUT I am able to wear some of my old shirts now which is pretty cool- old as in before baby two but not old as in before any babies
k
#160 of 162 Old 06-13-2003, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am so not happy with myself! Haven't been trying very hard but I havn't been pigging out either and I am gaining weight.

I had kind of put the whole loose wieght thing on hold thought being too busy to worry about eating would help me loose but no such luck!!

I think I'll go start a new thread. Have any of you ever heard of a recipe to make homemade weight loss drinks something like Slim Fast?
#161 of 162 Old 06-16-2003, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Garden~don't be hard on YOU. We have much to offer besides our 'svelt' bods, right?

I fell off the no grain wagon. Not sure what to do now. I think I've tried it all

*sigh*

Ah well, perhaps I'll try the cookies and ice cream diet, that I know I can stick too...
#162 of 162 Old 06-16-2003, 10:01 PM

Gardenrn, devi etal- it is SO hard this dieting thing. I am just trying to do my best. Hopefully this life diet is better than the one I used to be on.

What I need is a perfect tasting food in a pill- or something like startrek- a machine that makes what I want but with food that is never bad for me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page